TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Gear and Props
User Name
Password

Old 07-28-2008, 03:14 PM   #26
TheIndyOpinion
IndyFan

Wow, that is awesome indyclone! I was watching a few of those before I ended up getting mine used, but they were all doing $175 to $250. You got a great buy. If I understand correctly, those are US Wings cowhide jackets. Very nice. You have to post pics when it arrives.
TheIndyOpinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:32 PM   #27
indyclone25
IndyFan

you know i will --- man this is going to be so sweet !!!! i was going to buy the todds jacket but i guess i won't have to now --- i think i will sleep in this jacket ---- yeah i will, jacket and sleep pants --- oh yeah check it out ladies ---lol
indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:48 PM   #28
eazybox
IndyFan

Caution: Please read this before bidding on one of these Lottery items:

www.indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?t=32277

This is all I know about it, but based on this information and the fact that it comes from the owner of U.S. Wings, I'd pass on one of these.

Jack
eazybox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:07 PM   #29
indyclone25
IndyFan

thanks, for the info, but the man never said it was a wings jacket in his auction --- i liked the pictures he had and it was a nice jacket -- so i bidded and i will see my jacket next week
Old 07-28-2008, 09:23 PM   #30
eazybox
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyclone25
thanks, for the info, but the man never said it was a wings jacket in his auction --- i liked the pictures he had and it was a nice jacket -- so i bidded and i will see my jacket next week

Just thought I'd give you a heads up, and I hope it works out for you. It does seem to be a licensed jacket, there's just that question about the maker.

Jack
eazybox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:40 PM   #31
Raider S
IndyFan

Yes, these lottery jackets are NOT US Wings. The label says Made in China and all current USW jackets are made in USA. So when you can get a genuine USW for just over $300 it would be a bad move to bid a lot for one of these Chinese made jackets. The cowhide I got from USW a few weeks ago was made in New Jersey by Schott so the quality is top-notch.

I know it says something about being "official" on the tag, but I don't think that means anything.

That said, I think YOU got a very nice deal for $96 and should be very happy! While maybe not as screen accurate as the Todds I kinda think you will be happier with your cowhide jacket. I would be!
Raider S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:31 AM   #32
indyclone25
IndyFan

you know it --- as long as it has the front pockets and the straps in back ,i'm as happy as a puppy with two peters
Old 07-29-2008, 08:11 AM   #33
indyclone25
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider S
Yes, these lottery jackets are NOT US Wings. The label says Made in China and all current USW jackets are made in USA. So when you can get a genuine USW for just over $300 it would be a bad move to bid a lot for one of these Chinese made jackets. The cowhide I got from USW a few weeks ago was made in New Jersey by Schott so the quality is top-notch.

I know it says something about being "official" on the tag, but I don't think that means anything.

That said, I think YOU got a very nice deal for $96 and should be very happy! While maybe not as screen accurate as the Todds I kinda think you will be happier with your cowhide jacket. I would be!

i think the only thing about being "official" is that it was made for the lottery prize and lucasfilm authorized it .
Old 07-29-2008, 11:20 AM   #34
Ghostsoldier
IndyFan

Quote:
woo hoo! i just purchased a indy leather jacket from ebay it was one of the jackets given as a prize in the florida lottery scratch and win game --- i got the jacket for 96 dollars --- how cool is that!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, IC....I was one of the other bidders on that jacket! I hope you like it...I backed out, because a guy over on COW offered me a Todd's....now, I can't seem to get a hold of him....
Rob
Ghostsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:44 AM   #35
indyclone25
IndyFan

oh , sorry , but it was a good price --- now if you ask my wife anything to do with indy is to much ----lol
Old 07-29-2008, 12:45 PM   #36
Ghostsoldier
IndyFan

Quote:
oh , sorry , but it was a good price --- now if you ask my wife anything to do with indy is to much ----lol
No worries, my friend.... ...there will be another for me!
Rob
Old 07-29-2008, 01:18 PM   #37
indyclone25
IndyFan

i see another on ebay buy me price is 75 dollars check it out here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-1980S-R...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 07-30-2008, 12:56 AM   #38
Raider S
IndyFan

Why do you post a link to that junk jacket? That thing is a joke, it has an elastic waist band. It is not an Indy jacket in any way!

Please people, don't buy this stuff unless you're desperate. You can get a Todd's for $150 (and that's as close to screen accurate as you'll find) or for $150 more you can get a Wested or a genuine US Wings.

Also, I wouldn't be too sure Lucasfilm authorized the jacket. The lottery also claims these are US Wings jackets and USW hadn't even heard about it until alerted to it by someone from another Indy website.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:07 AM   #39
indyclone25
IndyFan

okay, okay, calm down he was looking for a cheap jacket i was showing him what i saw it was a jacket from 1980's --- don't have a cow --i made the decision to by the jacket on ebay cause " i ' liked the way the jacket looked it looks like indy's jacket if i want to save a few dollars that's my right , i wanted to get a todds too but i saw this oppurtunity to get one fast and abit cheaper --- if it doesnt' look good when i get it i can return it within 7 days and then i will order a todds when they restock in sept . so chill take a breath , things are cool , ok , ----better , ok ---so how are you?
Old 07-30-2008, 02:26 PM   #40
Raider S
IndyFan

I was trying to keep a member from spending $75 on a crap-jacket. What you do with you rmoney is your own business, but by posting a link to something that has zero to do with an actual Indy jacket I was only trying to save some poor sucker from being embarassed.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:32 PM   #41
Ghostsoldier
IndyFan

Aww....you mean my deed to the Brooklyn Bridge is no good?
Rob
Old 07-30-2008, 04:17 PM   #42
indyclone25
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostsoldier
Aww....you mean my deed to the Brooklyn Bridge is no good?
Rob
sorry rob i was trying to show you something i saw --- sorry if i got us in trouble --- but hey if you want to sell me the brooklyn bridge i've got an extra 50 bucks ?
Old 07-30-2008, 06:25 PM   #43
Ghostsoldier
IndyFan

Quote:
sorry rob i was trying to show you something i saw --- sorry if i got us in trouble --- but hey if you want to sell me the brooklyn bridge i've got an extra 50 bucks ?

No worries here, friend...I appreciate the tip.... ...thanks for looking out for me!
And yep....50 bucks oughtta buy you a nice chunk of NY real estate....for another 50, I'll throw in the old Yankee Stadium uptown!
Rob
Old 08-01-2008, 05:43 AM   #44
indyclone25
IndyFan

anyone with the costume on a budget and breakdown of cost?
Old 08-04-2008, 04:30 PM   #45
indyclone25
IndyFan

still waiting for my jacket --- hope it comes by wed.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:15 PM   #46
Raider S
IndyFan

If you look over at the Indy Lounge or Club Obi-Wan someone has posted pics of the lottery jacket they just got...
Old 08-04-2008, 06:47 PM   #47
indyclone25
IndyFan

i think it still looks pretty good ---even tho he didn't like it that much ---he even states that the way its made kinda resembles us wings
Old 08-05-2008, 03:40 PM   #48
Lambonius
IndyFan

I've been an Indy fan all my life; I'm 25, and over the years I've collected numerous items of clothing and gear towards a great Indy costume. Yesterday I made what is quite possibly my best budget find ever--A pretty spot on Indy leather jacket (unofficial, of course) for $1 at a used vintage shop in the City Museum in St. Louis. It's pretty beat up, but that just adds to the character! I'm very happy with it, and I feel oh so frugal.

The rest of the ensemble has been either free or extremely cheap. In fact, the only thing that I actually bought at a store specifically for the costume was the shirt, and I paid under 20 bucks for it.

Here's my cost breakdown on the items I've collected over the years:

Hat: free, birthday present from when I was like 6 years old (for my Indy Halloween costume that year, naturally--I've since grown into it.)

Pants: free, hand-me-down from one of my best friends' older brothers

Shirt: $15, got it at an outdoorsy fish & game hunting store. It's not completely screen accurate, but it IS khaki instead of white, and it has the two pleated breast pockets, so it works for me.

Bag: free, was my grandpa's from WWII, I lengthened the strap a bit with an old duffle-bag strap.

Whip: $12, got it one year at a fair when I was a kid, I've actually modified it a bit for the costume: dyed it dark brown, and re-weaved part of it with leather strips to make it a few feet longer.

Jacket: Like I said, $1 dollar at the St. Louis City Museum's vintage store. What a great find!

Gun-belt, holster, and whip-holder: the gun-belt is one of those old olive drab canteen belts. I think it was my dad's from when he was a kid; not sure though. I've had it forever. I dyed it for the costume to make it darker and less green. Holster was $3 at a garage sale. I used the metal clip from the belt's canteen to attach the holster. The whip-holder is just a brown shoe-lace off an old pair of shoes.

Belt: just your standard department store belt, approx: $10; didn't buy it for the costume, but I've found it works about as well as any other belt.

Shoes: just your standard department store brown leather shoes, approx: $35, I actually didn't buy them for the costume, but it turned out that they worked perfectly, so now that's pretty much the only thing I wear them for.

So all in all, if you only count the pieces that I bought specifically with the intent of using them in my Indy costume, I spent a grand total of $31 dollars on it. Counting the belt and shoes, which I already owned and wear with normal clothes, make that $76 dollars. Anyway, it may not be perfectly screen accurate, but it's gotten some great responses at parties, and I feel nerdily cool in it.

Happy budget hunting, troops!

Lambonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:31 PM   #49
indyclone25
IndyFan

vwery nice glad to see another indy in his outfit --- " soon indygear will rule the world" so far the cheapest --- great going
Old 08-06-2008, 11:18 AM   #50
indyclone25
IndyFan

yippee!!! i finally recieved my jacket that i won on ebay ---- it looks great , just a little lighter than i would like , but it gives it a lived in look. it is light jacket which is good , so in the winter if i wear a heavy sweater under it it won't be too snug . let me know what you think here a few pics of me in it ...........