Need Indiana Jones gear

lao che & sons

I got a nice shirt for indy in the mens department a target. Check there they have good items for the shirt and pants. It was at $25 though and I'm no sure what your price range is. However, DO NOT get the costume items. Save your money and get something good. I made the mistake of getting the holster and it fell apart in like 2 days:( . But I spraypainted the gun so it looks real nice.

also, get a cheap hat like at a costume store (not plastic) and at new lining to it. Then if you have pastels then your can weather it accordingly. i'm a teen indyfan too and I've found that the best way to go is "if you can't buy it... make it" or get good quality, if the price is cheap than the item is cheaper. Just think about that and know that you can't expect to overall spend about $60-$100. for a GOOD costume.;) Hope that helped out a little, if you got anymore questions just ask.:)

lao che & sons said:
I got a nice shirt for indy in the mens department a target. Check there they have good items for the shirt and pants. It was at $25 though and I'm no sure what your price range is. However, DO NOT get the costume items. Save your money and get something good. I made the mistake of getting the holster and it fell apart in like 2 days:( . But I spraypainted the gun so it looks real nice.

also, get a cheap hat like at a costume store (not plastic) and at new lining to it. Then if you have pastels then your can weather it accordingly. i'm a teen indyfan too and I've found that the best way to go is "if you can't buy it... make it" or get good quality, if the price is cheap than the item is cheaper. Just think about that and know that you can't expect to overall spend about $60-$100. for a GOOD costume.;) Hope that helped out a little, if you got anymore questions just ask.:)

Thank you so much that helped a lot.
indiana-jones-headwear-hats-HDR.jpg

Trennas

Most of my costumes (I have several, not Indy though XD) are actually pretty much a merry mix of bought, found and self-made artifacts. There is one tip I can give you and that's to drop by garage sales and thrift stores. They often have things like leather jackets and other stuff for pretty cheap. Plus, the stuff is already worn, so it always looks like it's been to some places :)

Here in the Netherlands we have a thing called Queensday and that's when it's Free Market. Pretty much means that almost EVERYBODY cleans out their attics, puts a rug outside on the streets and sells their old stuff! If you have something like that, those kind of events can be a goldmine for Indy stuff (or other stuff you might be interested in) and items often cost only a few bucks :)

A gun, on the other hand, can easily be made. Get a toy gun, sand it, coat it and paint it and you pretty much got a good looking one. This is a pic of a Nerf Gun and some Goggles my girlfriend and I modded for some Steampunk costumes:

6574_1034251074233_1764134648_69020_7223566_n.jpg

Trennas said:
Most of my costumes (I have several, not Indy though XD) are actually pretty much a merry mix of bought, found and self-made artifacts. There is one tip I can give you and that's to drop by garage sales and thrift stores. They often have things like leather jackets and other stuff for pretty cheap. Plus, the stuff is already worn, so it always looks like it's been to some places :)

Here in the Netherlands we have a thing called Queensday and that's when it's Free Market. Pretty much means that almost EVERYBODY cleans out their attics, puts a rug outside on the streets and sells their old stuff! If you have something like that, those kind of events can be a goldmine for Indy stuff (or other stuff you might be interested in) and items often cost only a few bucks :)

A gun, on the other hand, can easily be made. Get a toy gun, sand it, coat it and paint it and you pretty much got a good looking one. This is a pic of a Nerf Gun and some Goggles my girlfriend and I modded for some Steampunk costumes:

6574_1034251074233_1764134648_69020_7223566_n.jpg

Sweet i will try that. BTW what about a whip where can i find one?

lao che & sons

IndyWolf15 said:
Sweet i will try that. BTW what about a whip where can i find one?
EBAY...but if you want to spend only like 5 bucks then get the cheap costume whip. it works fine and holds up OKAY. But if you want a real leather 10 foot bull whip just like indy's then look on ebay I've seen some good ones go for about $40. Like I said it will cost a lot to put together a good indy costume.

lao che & sons said:
EBAY...but if you want to spend only like 5 bucks then get the cheap costume whip. it works fine and holds up OKAY. But if you want a real leather 10 foot bull whip just like indy's then look on ebay I've seen some good ones go for about $40. Like I said it will cost a lot to put together a good indy costume.
Thank you. I'm going to check it out tomorrow i'm sleepy right now :sleep:. I'm going to Japan in Dec so i'm trying to get Indy gear.

DocWhiskey

Great that you want some Indy gear, IndyWolf!

Being in college, I understand about lacking money. I lurked at Club Obi Wan for a few years when I was interested in gear, but was always turned off because it was so damn expensive. These guys would have amazing costumes, but they would cost around $1,200. NO THANK YOU. So I always thought I could never make a decent Indy costume. A few years ago I tried too. It's not super cheap, and it took me a little over a year to get everything but here it is:

This was a little before last Halloween. I don't know why I look so sad.

2qs1kav.jpg

Anyway, here's the breakdown:

Adventure Shirt: Walmart- $16
Khaki Pants-Walmart $16
Boots- Thrift Store- $6
Web Belt: WalMart- $5
Belt, Whip holder, and Holster- eBay-$32
Satchel-eBay-$26
Fedora- Modified Dorfman Pacific offical Indy Hat- $37
Jacket- Todds Standard- $150
Whip- Website-$27 http://www.bulwhip.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=27
So $315. Expensive, yes, but better then $1200, right?

Also get some sand paper and powder for some weathering if you care about that too.

Go to thrift stores! You could probably find at least a decent shirt, pants, or even jacket and you could probably get it all for under $25!

I wish you luck!

Trennas

IndyWolf15 said:
Thank you. I'm going to check it out tomorrow i'm sleepy right now :sleep:. I'm going to Japan in Dec so i'm trying to get Indy gear.

Don't know what you'll be doing in Japan that will require Indy gear, but that does sound like fun! :D

We found our whip at an annual Fantasy Festival. Maybe they have some too at a Renaissance Fair or something, but that's a big maybe!

DocWhiskey said:
Great that you want some Indy gear, IndyWolf!

Being in college, I understand about lacking money. I lurked at Club Obi Wan for a few years when I was interested in gear, but was always turned off because it was so damn expensive. These guys would have amazing costumes, but they would cost around $1,200. NO THANK YOU. So I always thought I could never make a decent Indy costume. A few years ago I tried too. It's not super cheap, and it took me a little over a year to get everything but here it is:

This was a little before last Halloween. I don't know why I look so sad.

2qs1kav.jpg

Anyway, here's the breakdown:

Adventure Shirt: Walmart- $16
Khaki Pants-Walmart $16
Boots- Thrift Store- $6
Web Belt: WalMart- $5
Belt, Whip holder, and Holster- eBay-$32
Satchel-eBay-$26
Fedora- Modified Dorfman Pacific offical Indy Hat- $37
Jacket- Todds Standard- $150
Whip- Website-$27 http://www.bulwhip.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=27
So $315. Expensive, yes, but better then $1200, right?

Also get some sand paper and powder for some weathering if you care about that too.

Go to thrift stores! You could probably find at least a decent shirt, pants, or even jacket and you could probably get it all for under $25!

I wish you luck!

Great stuff! Thank You so much Doc! I have a belt so that's off my list. But everything els i need, my dad goes to the thrift store so i will check there when i go. BTW the whips cost a lot!

And thank you for the info as well Trennas it helps a lot.

:cool: :D (y) :whip: :gun:

DocWhiskey

IndyWolf15 said:
Great stuff! Thank You so much Doc! I have a belt so that's off my list. But everything els i need, my dad goes to the thrift store so i will check there when i go. BTW the whips cost a lot!

And thank you for the info as well Trennas it helps a lot.

:cool: :D (y) :whip: :gun:

No problem. And the whip costs $27. I just added up the cost of everything and it totaled to $315. At least that's what I think you meant.

Oh no not that lol i was meaning the bullwhip website. BTW i found a leather jacket for 30 dollers and some pants for 12 dollers at Target yesterday, i'm going to ask my dad when gets he home from work can he get them for me. I'm excited guys!!!!!!!!!! :cool: (y)

Last edited:
Trennas said:
Nice catch! Hope your dad is kind enough to lend a hand with his daughter's Indy obsession ;)
Nice one Trennas. But i'm hoping will help me, you know what.. I need a JOB. BTW I only have 8 dollers.

Trennas

I have a job and I wish I didn't have to work, ain't that ironic? ;)

But yeah, when you go for costuming it might help to have some funds, even if you're going to make everything yourself, you still need to buy the materials first, and those aren't cheap either:p

Trennas said:
I have a job and I wish I didn't have to work, ain't that ironic? ;)

But yeah, when you go for costuming it might help to have some funds, even if you're going to make everything yourself, you still need to buy the materials first, and those aren't cheap either:p
It sure is ironic ;). I sure plan on saving, but i like food a lot so i will have to try extra hard not to spend money on Chic-fia-la, Wendy's, BK, McD and Popeyes yummy :D XD.