Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Gear and Props
User Name
Password

Old 07-23-2015, 10:20 AM   #51
Drones33
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by micsteam
Drones33, I like the What Price Glory Indy shirt it's fairly inexpensive and looks good for a Raiders shirt the only problem is their manufacturing vary between batches, I have two shirts my first is spot on for Raiders as my second is darker with incorrect buttons (you can always have a taylor sew in different ones) although the fabric on both are very good. The Holy Grail of Indy shirts are the MBA Costumes Indy shirts made by none other than Noel Howard (whom passed several years ago) whom made the original shirts for all three movies but I've even seen these as being incorrect coloring as being to dark... I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder to a degree as lighting in the movies vary and make the shirts look different. You also have Azuma (you'd have to check him out over at Club Obi Wan) he makes batches but not always available, Todd's Costumes in California ( their shirts vary from batch to batch with the latest being toted by a lot of die hard enthusiasts but I found mine very heavy almost a flannel shirt feel), and AdventureBilt ( Steve and Mark whom made the fedoras for the last movie) from what I understand they make a great shirt but are expensive and not always available and I've not seen one first hand ( I will probably purchase one one of these days). As far as trousers I have a pair of Wested's heavy, incorrect, and wrong buttons and I have a Todd's (which is out of production at the moment) which all die hard attire wearers by me say are " THE " best Raiders trousers .. so far they're not bad but had to be altered length wise but I knew that before ordering. You can find Todd's trousers on Ebay but make sure you order your actual waist size, my waist size here in the US is 32 but I take a tape measurer and measure out 35" exactly so I ordered a 35 waist and they fit quite well. Now I've heard mixed reviews on Magnoli Clothiers out of New Zealand, the trousers look really nice (as they should they are very expensive plus shipping out of NZ is not cheap either) but I've heard they are more of a dress/formal type fabric and maybe too dressy and delicate. Hope this helps please let me know if there's anything else I can help with.
Thanks for the tips I intend to pick up a pair of trousers from Todds, quite expensive to have them shipped to the UK though. Must get round to having my Wested shirt altered one of these days...
Drones33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:34 AM   #52
Drones33
IndyFan

My new Webley MK VI

Stumbled upon this little gem quite by accident in what I suppose would be considered a junk-shop in Liverpool called "Aladin`s Cave". Sells second hand tools, bikes, random machine parts, and a selection of militaria and weapons. Wandered in whilst on my way to visit my brother and there, in the window, amongst old binoculars, fishing equipment and used lawn mower parts, was this; the Webley MK VI. SO much better than the shoddy MK IV replica from Denix which I had been using as a holster-filler with my Indy gear. This is a thing of beauty. Check it out...

Old 07-23-2015, 06:16 PM   #53
Indy1Jones2
IndyFan

Nice find your Indy gear is looking quite good.
Indy1Jones2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 12:02 PM   #54
Drones33
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1Jones2
Nice find your Indy gear is looking quite good.
Thanks mate. Recently ordered a new 'Harrison' Fedora from AdVintage. Looking forward to that
Old 09-18-2015, 11:22 AM   #55
Drones33
IndyFan

Wested Raiders Jacket on eBay...

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-GB

Ive put my Wested Raiders goatskin on eBay... Needs a good home
Old 09-18-2015, 03:56 PM   #56
doppelganger
IndyFan

nice.....

Your gear looks fantastic, I bought some of the ted baker boots you mentioned in you earlier posts. A nice find at £40. Good luck with the jacket sale, I'd buy it myself if I could squeaze into it.

Rob
doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:34 AM   #57
Drones33
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelganger
Your gear looks fantastic, I bought some of the ted baker boots you mentioned in you earlier posts. A nice find at 40. Good luck with the jacket sale, I'd buy it myself if I could squeaze into it.

Rob

Thanks Rob, Your gear is looking great too. Love the `in the field` look its getting. The suitcase is a great idea...
Old 03-16-2016, 01:21 PM   #58
Drones33
IndyFan

ComicCon

Went to MCM ComicCon at the weekend with Wife. Interestingly, of all the displays, props and merchandise that was there, absolutely nothing related to Indiana Jones. Indeed, there were hundreds of people there in costume, but I only bumped into one other Indy. He was, like me, a man in his late forties, we had a brief chat about eachother`s gear, our love of Indy and how it was a bit sad that Indy is clearly slipped from the public`s mind, (there were about 20 Deadpools and even more Captain Americas!).
I wonder if things would have been a bit differnt if the event had been after this week`s Indy 5 announcement...
Still, it was worth a visit, and we went to a costume party afterwards which was nice. Me in full Raiders gear( wish I`d got some Fullers Earth, hadn`t realised just how new my stuff looks!) and Wife in her Star Fleet uniform
Old 03-17-2016, 05:17 PM   #59
doppelganger
IndyFan

You guys look great. Im getting tickets to the Exeter Comic con on June 25th and me and the missus will be in streets of cairo gear. Hopefully a few people will realise who we are supposed to be.......lol.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:53 AM   #60
Major West
IndyFan

Excellent gear, looks good.
Major West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 02:20 PM   #61
Drones33
IndyFan

Thanks guys
Old 03-20-2016, 01:49 PM   #62
Drones33
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelganger
You guys look great. Im getting tickets to the Exeter Comic con on June 25th and me and the missus will be in streets of cairo gear. Hopefully a few people will realise who we are supposed to be.......lol.
You must let us know how ComicCon goes in June, I'd be very interested to see if there's a stronger Indy presence by then with regards to the Indy 5 announcement. Be great to see some pics if your Streets of Cairo gear too
Old 03-27-2016, 09:41 AM   #63
Drones33
IndyFan

New Hat

Decided recently that I wanted a new fedora with the Raiders turn but wanted to shape it myself, so to that end I bought an open crowned Junior from Advintage, ( as Ive said before, great quality for less than 50,) and by following John Penman`s excellent tutorial on youtube this is the result. I`m quite happy with the pinch and bash, wish I`d given it a more obvious turn though.

The direct sunlight is giving it a greenish look. Its the hat I wore for comic con and its actually a deep brown colour as can be seen in the pic above with Wife.
Old 03-27-2016, 07:00 PM   #64
doppelganger
IndyFan

Looks really good and you cant beat that price. Reworked my SOC fed a bit and im much happier with it.

Hope to get lots of pics at Exeter Comic Con. I'll be sure to post some.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:46 AM   #65
Drones33
IndyFan

Always been fond of the black and white promo shots for Raiders.Thought I`d have a go...

And heres the full length shot
Old 05-20-2016, 02:14 PM   #66
Major West
IndyFan

Excellent. Looking good there. Great shots.
Major West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 02:39 PM   #67
Drones33
IndyFan

Thanks I do like a bit of crisp B/W.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:54 AM   #68
Drones33
IndyFan

Bought a Christys Adventurer. Learned an important lesson. When ordering from Christys go one size up. Gorgeous fedora. Too small though. I'll post a few pics anyway.

Last edited by Drones33 : 06-21-2016 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-21-2016, 11:49 AM   #69
Drones33
IndyFan

Christy`s Adventurer

Really disappointed that this doesnt fit. I`d heard mixed opinion of the Christy`s Adventurer, and was pleasantly surprised by the overall quality of it. Christy`s sizing is rubbish though.

Old 06-21-2016, 12:13 PM   #70
doppelganger
IndyFan

Easy to stretch with a bit of steam. did it to one of mine. Doesnt take very long at all.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:57 AM   #71
Drones33
IndyFan

I`ll give it a try.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:42 AM   #72
Glenville86
IndyFan

I have a Christys Adventurer and Advintage recommended to order a size up. Funny thing is it is slightly big but fit fine after a couple hat strips behind the band. I have noticed size variations in most production hats to include the Henry, Harrison, Adventurer, and Akubra.
Glenville86 is offline   Reply With Quote