Close Encounters aliens

Adamwankenobi

I consider the aliens of CE3K and KOTCS to be the same. Aside from the physical similarity, Indy's translation of the aliens wanting to give a "gft" is right in line with the friendly CE3K aliens. Does anyone else feel this way?

Sykopathic

They looked like the ones who showed up in my house last night. They seemed pretty kewl. We sat around and smoked cigs and watching tv.

Crack that whip

On a slightly tangential but still-related note, it's interesting to me that the Indiana Jones movies, while clearly reflecting George Lucas' traditional themes and interests, also always tie into the recurring themes and elements of Spielberg films. Spielberg's movies often contain or address or involve children, aliens, Nazis / the WWII era, and estranged or absentee fathers, and each of these is an important component of at least one of the Indy movies.

Look nothing like the CE3K aliens but they looked VERY much like the aliens from the first X-Files movie. Practically dead-on.

MolaRam2

I really thought the aliens shouldn't have been friendly. The Mayans sacrificed women and children to their gods. In Indy world, these gods were probably the aliens. Basically, the aliens asked the Mayans to sacrifice women and children, so why should they be presented as friendly or positive in any way?

This movie should have been way darker, and far less sugar coated.

MolaRam2 said:
I really thought the aliens shouldn't have been friendly. The Mayans sacrificed women and children to their gods. In Indy world, these gods were probably the aliens. Basically, the aliens asked the Mayans to sacrifice women and children, so why should they be presented as friendly or positive in any way?

This movie should have been way darker, and far less sugar coated.

They killed me. I'd say that makes them NOT friendly. :mad:

sunshinestate1992

5xnafs.jpg
heres the Kotcs alien

Avilos

While most of the Close Encounters Aliens were short there was one exception. They showed one that was tall with thin legs. Who at first is walking on all fours but then straightens out. Perhaps to adjust to the gravity. That could be one of the KotCS species. Spalko said that they had discovered more than one race of the creatures.

RustyTim

When i the mummified alien's hand in the box in the wharehouse, I tugged on my dad's shirt, pointed at the hand, and did the close encounters hand signals.;)

They problably were going to use the CE3K aleins, but do to the fact that the gods in the temple had the pointed head they changed them to go with the theme.

Adamwankenobi

Agent Spalko said:
They killed me. I'd say that makes them NOT friendly. :mad:

I thought they sent you to another dimension. ;)

RustyTim said:
When i the mummified alien's hand in the box in the wharehouse, I tugged on my dad's shirt, pointed at the hand, and did the close encounters hand signals.;)

Which remonds me: I wish John Williams would have (in a subtle way) quoted "the five notes" when the flying saucer lifts off at the end of KOTCS.

TalonCard

Ok, so if E.T. and his people are botanists, and the Crystal aliens are archeologists, then what are the CE3K aliens? ;)

TC

Avilos

TalonCard said:
Ok, so if E.T. and his people are botanists, and the Crystal aliens are archeologists, then what are the CE3K aliens? ;)

TC

Those are the ones who do the Anal Probing!!!!!!! :eek: ;)

Mothy

Precisely. Seeing what they look like takes away all the mystery. If they had just used the crystal skeletons I would have been fine with that. They are remains, or they are artifacts made to honour the gods. It needed to be done in a way that hinted at alien life, but also made the viewer sceptical if it really is that.