Ireland

Gustav

King John's Castle

I have a lot more but I'll do them later because this took me about 15 years.

Last edited:

Gustav

Blarney Castle

The Rock of Cashel

King John's Castle

The courtyard.

Killarney

Bunratty Castle

Dining hall.

Main hall.

View from the battlements.

The roof.

Round Tower Ruin

There are some flesh-eating zombies sitting on one of those benches. See 'em?

Joe Brody

Just call me Clinton Hammond. . . . .

My wife and I have dined and drank mead (sp?) at good old Bunratty Castle. Colonial Williamsburg it is not . . . . but still a good time.

Gustav

Ah, the meade. I can't say I liked it very much, can you? You've gotta admit they had good ribs though. The characters were all very into what they were doing especially for people who do it probably 6 times a week at least. I went into the Creamery Bar across the street one night and saw most of the cast from the night I dined at the castle. Colonial Williamsburg is always a gas. I don't think I would tire of Bunratty easily either.

"Just call me Clinton Hammond. . . . ."
Who'd want to insult you like that?!?!? LOL

Great pics.... I hope to see Ire sometime myself... Visit the old viking-built cities

Indy Benson

If I ever go there, I know I should see the historical sites, but...I heard the fishing there is excellent, and I would love to try out some of the streams someday.

Gustav

Canyon said:
Great photos, Gustav. (y)

When did you visit Ireland?

Hi, Canyon. Sorry it took so long to reply. I didn't notice that this thread had more replies.

I was there over Thanksgiving of 2005 for eight days.

Canyon

Gustav said:
Hi, Canyon. Sorry it took so long to reply. I didn't notice that this thread had more replies.

I was there over Thanksgiving of 2005 for eight days.

No problem. ;)

bflah91989

Sorry, to bump an old topic.

I am going over to Ireland for my second time in a few weeks. I was wondering if anyone has climbed Knocknarea. Supposebly, Queen Meave (Mebd) is buried at the top in an old cairn. However, some archeologists believe that the cairn is really a tomb from 3000 years ago. I may climb the mountain to check of the tomb. However, I already have Mt. Brandon and Croagh Patrick on my list so I may not fit it in this time.

Lived in Cashel for about six months, so those photos certainly bring back memories, back while on an archaeological dig in the middle of tipperary, didn't find much though, though we did find the biggest ditch enclosure yet found in the country, took months to dig the thing out.. wait.. no.. now I'm definetly rambling