Artifacts that Indy could find in Indy 5

adventure_al

To be honest don't think the skull of goliath would work for a number of reasons.
-Indy has already been after a skull
-It has no known mythical powers
-I'm sure over the years there has been many huge men, especially in armies. I don't see anything special about him other than he was slain by a boy?

just my opinions there but don't think it would work sorry. Goliath would've had a normal soilders burial or more likely burned, either way very unlikely his skull would survive this long.

I'd love to see Indy looking for something in asia too. Maybe ancient china but with the Dragon Emperor coming out that would be very unlikely.

whipem

Yeah, it would be nice to see him go for an item outside the whole Judeo-Christian mythology thing, which has made up half the series so far.

YouNeverKnow

I was originally gonna say something like Thor's Hammer but had no idea Marvel was making THOR.

theneogon's idea mixing Roman/Chinese mythologies tickles my fancy as well.

Hanselation

- The hoard of the Nibelungs (related to the Maya)

INDIANA JONES
and the
HOARD OF THE NIBELUNGS

- Southamerica 1956 -

Old nazis flee to southamerica, to build up the Third Reich from out of there. The not so close involved persons believe, that the hunt for the nibelung hoard is just for getting the money for that project. But an german historian guesses a coherence between the NIBELUNGS and the MAYA. The Hoard OF THE NIBELUNGS shall contain a key to the uninvestigated forces of the MAYA ? and even this forces, the old nazis would use for their plans.
The just in that years foundet american central intelligence agency sent out that man, who knews enough about the southamerican historie and also made his bad experiences with the nazi characters:

INDIANA JONES

So he set of to europe, asia and southamerica, to find the key ? the AEGISHELMET-, before the old nazis do. He finds out: The dwarfs ALBERICH, the keeper of the nibelung hoard and the mayan AC UINICK IK, an turtle man, could be the same person.The AEGISHELMET was shown in mayan reliefs.
Also the Vatican is involved to hide a secret.

adventure_al

Hanselation said:
- The hoard of the Nibelungs (related to the Maya)

INDIANA JONES
and the
HOARD OF THE NIBELUNGS

- Southamerica 1956 -

Old nazis flee to southamerica, to build up the Third Reich from out of there. The not so close involved persons believe, that the hunt for the nibelung hoard is just for getting the money for that project. But an german historian guesses a coherence between the NIBELUNGS and the MAYA. The Hoard OF THE NIBELUNGS shall contain a key to the uninvestigated forces of the MAYA – and even this forces, the old nazis would use for their plans.
The just in that years foundet american central intelligence agency sent out that man, who knews enough about the southamerican historie and also made his bad experiences with the nazi characters:

INDIANA JONES

So he set of to europe, asia and southamerica, to find the key – the AEGISHELMET-, before the old nazis do. He finds out: The dwarfs ALBERICH, the keeper of the nibelung hoard and the mayan AC UINICK IK, an turtle man, could be the same person.The AEGISHELMET was shown in mayan reliefs.
Also the Vatican is involved to hide a secret.

Very cool idea Hans but one problem... Nibelungs are part of norse mythology are they not? I don't see how that ties in with south america or where the Mayans come into it? Also hoard implies group, that would mean Indy would be going after something still in existance/alive/not old not really his style. Or is the 'hoard' some sort of artifact? could you explain a bit more, I'm quite interested.

otto rahn

How about something set during world war II ? According to some occultist versions of history the nazis may have been trying to make contact with a "master race" who lived beneath the earth (Agharta ? the Vrilya ?, I suppose it wouldn't matter which particular subterranean race they used). Might make a "plot hook" for Indy.

muttjones

I'd go with The Tablet(s) of Destiny

It brings it back to old indiana jones setting with the same old religious style artifacts

The Tingler

Roy_Chiao said:
I'd go with The Tablet(s) of Destiny

It brings it back to old indiana jones setting with the same old religious style artifacts

Are those the Tablets of Destiny from Babylonian legend, that Marduk took from the dragon Great Tiamat after he defeated her?

And Thor's Hammer definitely can't be done now, Lara Croft's got there first. Just like she did with Pandora's Box and Excalibur. B***h. :p

What about the Seal of Solomon? A magic ring that can command demons and djinni?

agentsands77

The Tingler said:
Are those the Tablets of Destiny from Babylonian legend, that Marduk took from the dragon Great Tiamat after he defeated her?
Yes.

The Tingler said:
What about the Seal of Solomon? A magic ring that can command demons and djinni?
I've thought about it. I like it, because I like the idea of Indy dealing with the demonic/Satanic, especially as the films are moving into the time period of Hammer films.

The only issue is that Dan Brown's next book is THE SOLOMON KEY, which hints at connection to "The Key of Solomon," a text related to Solomon's experience with the demonic. I'd imagine the Seal is brought up in some form, and I have no desire to see Indy perceived as imitator.

muttjones

The Tingler said:

Yeh they are.

the tablets also have a connection with the sword of laban which is a pretty cool thing.

the sword could have a clue on it so indy has to go and find it so he can find the tablets of destiny

The Tingler

Roy_Chiao said:
Yeh they are.

the tablets also have a connection with the sword of laban which is a pretty cool thing.

the sword could have a clue on it so indy has to go and find it so he can find the tablets of destiny

Yeah, I always wondered why LucasArts made up the idea of the 'Infernal Machine' when the Tablets of Destiny fitted in so perfectly with the Babylon and Marduk legends.

muttjones

The Tingler said:
Yeah, I always wondered why LucasArts made up the idea of the 'Infernal Machine' when the Tablets of Destiny fitted in so perfectly with the Babylon and Marduk legends.

yeh that annoys me as well.

Im trying to come up with a good storyline for my version of Indy V but im not sure where to place the tablets of destiny in the world or if there is any info about where it is.