what scene to make?

hemble

Hi All,

I'm in the process of redoing the German Reconnaissance Truck from Raiders (desert chase) and once I complete that I want to know what 3-3/4" Raiders diorama you guys think I should build next.

1 - The Boulder Chase.
2 - Indy jumping from the horse to the truck.
3 - Indy getting dragged behind the truck.

Ron

Montana Smith

Indy jumping from the horse to the truck would be the most dynamic of the three scenes.

img3.jpg

And I know you'd make it look incredible!

InexorableTash

Indy jumping to the truck is such a dramatic scene, and the action will translate quite well into a diorama. The motion of Indy and the horse will be implied quite well by careful posing.

So to be contrary, I'd be interested to see an attempt to capture the iconic Bolder Chase, which seems fairly challenging! Will require careful selection of pose, timing, placement, and potential viewing angles, plus the most interesting scenery.

(The truck drag seems like it would be even more difficult to give a sense of action to; I find it hard to imagine it looking more dramatic than a toy laying on the ground.)

hemble

Hi All,

Thanks for your input guys.

Montana Smith wrote
Indy jumping from the horse to the truck would be the most dynamic of the three scenes.

Yeah this is going to be the first one I do then the boulder scene after that.

InexorableTash wrote
Indy jumping to the truck is such a dramatic scene, and the action will translate quite well into a diorama. The motion of Indy and the horse will be implied quite well by careful posing.

A - You are correct indy and the horse will have to have to have a great pose between the both of them. I have viewed the footage over and over and I have the perfect pose but don't want o spoil it.

So to be contrary, I'd be interested to see an attempt to capture the iconic Bolder Chase, which seems fairly challenging! Will require careful selection of pose, timing, placement, and potential viewing angles, plus the most interesting scenery.

A - The timing and pose will be very critical for this dio because you really only have three views for the boulder scene.

1st is from the side
2nd is almost from the front
3rd is a front view angle

(The truck drag seems like it would be even more difficult to give a sense of action to; I find it hard to imagine it looking more dramatic than a toy laying on the ground.)

A - this scene will be the hardest to give the impression of movement but with careful placement of the figure and simulation of dust I think it can be achieved.

Ron

Mickiana

Ron, I don't know how you will simulate dust, but I reckon you can and I also reckon you should get the Nobel prize for it!

hemble

Hi All,

Mickiana - Hey mate thanks for the vote of confidents I really appreciate it.

I did a few 1/35th scale military dios and I simulated dust using cotton wool and cotton buds. I gave them a light spray of brown and sand and in that scale it looked great ( no pics this was before the internet), I'm hoping that it will look good in 1/18th sacle as well so fingers crossed.

Ron