Star Wars Prequel Trilogy

raider84

Whitch was better Epsode 1 or 2:)

I relly think thay almost tie. Thay both were mostly good excepet some parts with anakin:confused:

wolfgang

I'll have to say episode 2. I really like em both, thoguht both of m have things I like and things i cna't stand, but episode 2 was MUCH more exciting than I expected it. Plus I also LOVE the duel between dooku and Yoda, and seeing Yoda on a duel has been my dream since the first time i saw empire

wolfgang

Aw, come on, they weren't that bad. I know why people say that (well, i think), and its because everyone wanted something like the first triology, and it was more advanced and some characters were diferent. but if you look at it the way I do, it isn't bad at all, beacause it was going to be like that since the moment George Lucas decided to devide it in two triologies...Now, if it happens with indiana Jones (which it won't) that would be DIFERENT

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
I don't really like the first one, I find it pointless and annoying. As for the second one, I thought it was much better but it still had a bad taste (I still went to see it five times). I stick to the first trilogy, cause watching EP1 is so boring that I usually turn the movie off before the end.

J

Jedi Daniel

Star Wars Episode 2 Attack of the Clones was a huge improvement over Star Wars Episode 1 The Phantom Menace. You can't beat the classic Star Wars movies though.

bob

To be honest although i enjoyed both Ep 1 and 2 as fun movies i cannot really say to particularly like them as films. Episode 1 was a pretty souless CGI movie with extrememly limited character development; Episode 2 was an improvement but the dialouge was so hideously awful in places that it defies logic how anyone could put that into a hugely respected franchise such as Star Wars. There was an awful overuse of CGI in both movies yes CGI can work but not for things that main characters are supposed to be involved in CGI should be used as next gen mattee paintings really - to build up the background not to entirely make up environments wholly.

indydude

exactly! that is one of the things that bothers me about the prequels, it is like a really high tech video game, they did not have one actor play a clone trooper even in the close ups, it is fine to use CGI when it is necessary but it dominated the whole movie! I hope to see an improvment in EP3. and the diologue was horrible, it lacked all that suttle humor the old ones had, instead it had stuff like c-3p0's head being replaced by a battle droid's head which is supposed to be funny but is really not. overall 2 was better than 1.

Canyon

swepii_buy_big.gif

Episode II by far!

I like Episode I, although I agree with Bob, in that it could have done with some more character development, but it some ways, the more I see that film the more I like it.
Now for Episode II. When I saw that in the cinema, I was totally blown away. I thought the story was excellent, and I really liked the way that the story slowly unfolded and also the way in which Anakin's character has developed.

I know there is more to a film than special effects, but I have to hand it to these guys. ILM did the most amazing job and one of my favourite scenes is when Anakin and Obi Wan are driving in mid air. Seeing that in the cinema was amazing. You felt like you were actually in that car. I also loved the scene where Yoda fights Dooko. I thought that was done really well.

Having recently seen the extras on the DVD (they're about 3 1/2 hrs long!) I was really impressed and I really don't understand why people slag off this film. To my way of thinking, it's brillaint, and I really think that George Lucas in back on form, which gives me confidence in Indy 4!

_38172940_clones300.jpg
"You know I don't like it when you do that!!"

1107newon.jpg
"Wow! Go Yoda!"

Indy4ever

Episode II...

I believe Ep. II is better, but The Empire Strikes Back will always be my favorite. ESB is just a great film. The story is tight and flows beautifully. I also like that the three main characters (being Han, Luke and Leia) really undergo significant character development.

If you think about, probably 90% of the world population has heard the line, "Luke, I am your father."

i know both movies have gotten a bad rap (and personally, i think ep. 1 deserved it, that movie gave star wars a bad name) but ep.2 was very entertaining and fit in more with the original ideas of the trilogy. plus you gotta love that yoda-count dooku scene, that was awesome! yoda is my hero! lol. ooh and the scene with C3PO was really funny, when he says "im quite beside myself" and all that. but the original trilogy is ten billion times better

westford

Episode II, but if they cut out the stupid romantic picnic scenes it'd be better. And Anakin's 'wet dream' about his mother. :rolleyes: The Zam Wessel chase part was cool though, and the CGI was generally better than Ep I - less 'fluffy' too.

Nox

First, IIRC, Vader actually never says, "Luke, I am your father."

Second, I didn't like either of them. Like the Matrix and other new action movies, they're simply showcases for the CGI guys. I also thought that the whole Anakin-turning-towards-the-Dark-Side scene was extremely cheesy and full of cliches. II was better than I though, at least it had some interesting action scenes. (I'm a sucker for big battles scenes - I love watching hundreds of guys march toward their deaths, as long as they're CGI robots or clones, of course)

wolfgang

NOx, what do you mean he never says it? He does,, everyone's seen it. unless your being specific and saying that what he said was "No, Luke, I am your father" instead of "Luke, I am your father." But hats just being, well...specific. I guess your right, though

Episode II: Attack of the Clones by far.

Oh man, there was some much irony in that movie...and yes...I cry during that movie as well.

Did anyone see it in IMAX?

indydude

AotC was WAY better than ep1 (which was sickening excuse for a Star Wars movie) but that does not mean it was any good, OK I must admit the Yoda vs. Dooku battle was neet, but the movie still was terrible. I refuse to think of the prequals as SW movies. I hope to see a MAJOR improvement in ep3, and I also hope Lucas does not direct it (although he will) because the originals were good but the prequals sucked, and the old ones were not really directed by Lucas. sorry prequal fans but I am sickened by by the prequals.

J

Jedi Daniel

If you would accept the prequels for what they are and stop critisizing them and comparing them to the original trilogy you might enjoy them.

wolfgang

Yeah, well, Jedi Daniel, I love both triologies...well the prequels not yet a trilogy but. anyway, I can understand if some people do not like the prequels when comparing it with the old one, i don't know how it feels becasue (thoguh my favorite trilogy id indy) I love em both, but i wouldn't fight back defending it because I try to know how it feels. its sort of as if indy passes his hat and whip to another person and then making a trilogy of that person...i think. i hope i typed my message the way i wanted.