Whatcha playin? (Video games wise.)

The Drifter

I have fallen from Grace.
I have been playing Frontierville and Cityville for the past three days on Facebook. It's so damn addicting. Must feed my chickens and harvest my tomatoes....

Please say a silent prayer for my soul.

Nurhachi1991

Anyone hear of the up coming game Homefront? Basicly Korea takes over and occupys the US and groups of US Rebals fight them off its from the writer of Red Dawn looks pretty good

Nacht der Untoten

Unbelievably fun! Getting the kiddies into Zombies, (even my daughter has the fever!).

"You drove them deep into the heart of the Reich. You thought they were dead. You were wrong."

In the new online game mode, Nacht der Untoten (Nazi Zombies), you hide in a mansion with 3 other friends while undead zombies try to break in and eat your brains. You start in a single room with 500 points each and a Colt M1911 pistol. Available in that room for purchase is a Kar98 for 200 points and a M1A1 for 600 points. Killing zombies and rebuilding the barricades rewards you points, and even more points for headshots. As the zombies approach a boarded up window they begin tearing down the boards. The more zombies, the quicker all of the board get torn down. Once they have torn all of the boards down, they will begin to enter that window and inside the mansion.

XanaduEli

I have been playing fable 3 a lot recently. I must say it is a very good game, but the first one will always be my favorite.

Le Saboteur

It's so Not Sufficient For Work, but it had to be shared. Kids ask your parents permission first.

That said, if you're an apartment dweller on a budget like myself who wants to get more juice out of their gaming experience, I would seriously suggest looking into the PS3 Sound Bar. Normally I don't recommend things, but I after receiving it for a birthday gift, gaming suddenly has a more robust sound than previously offered by my televisions speakers. After testing it out on Red Dead Redemption and Uncharted 2, I am quite impressed. Gunshots are fuller, rain effects are crisper, and there's even a little bit of bass for good measure. Dialogue comes in nice and clear too.

If you already have a good stereo system or live where you can have a full-fledged 5.1/7.1 System, feel free to ignore this suggestion. It won't begin to compare. Oh, and if you're low on space it's fairly compact; it's about two feet across, maybe a little bigger. Tech specs can be found over here.

The bar isn't perfect of course, and my biggest complaint is that it doesn't quite work as well with Blu-ray & DVD movies. What sounds loud on 11 or 12 while gaming suddenly needs to be jumped up to 20 to achieve the same level.

This cat gives a pretty good overview.

XanaduEli

This is my plan of the evening. Mine craft..followed by some games of Nox with my brother, followed by fable III.and maybe a bit of Dynasty Warriors. :)

XanaduEli

^My brothers play it ALL the time :) I was just joining the fun.

I found my old collection of PS One Final fantasy games earlier on today..Haven't been able to stop playing them. And I keep forgetting how awesome the soundtracks are. XD

The Drifter

Still playing Mass Effect 2. Clocked in around 25 hours so far. Great game.
Also, I have Dead Space 2 to play after I go through ME2.

DiscoLad

WillKill4Food said:

Well 4Food, I started a few days ago and Im not very far but from what I have played I see a very interesting game.

If you're looking for graphics. Stop now. This game looks like legos.

Seriously, It has bad graphics. Though it is a great way to burn time.
The game is open word, alot like garrys mod except you have 10 mintues days followed by 10 minute nights. At night, there are enemies that roam around and attack you on sight. (So far; spiders, arrow shooting skeletons, zombies, and exploding suicide rushing bushes.) These creatures all burn in the rising sun, come morning.

The very interesting and creative part of the game is that you gather blocks of dirt, stone, wood, or whatever is available to place and build your own little fort. You also combine what you pick up to make items to advance yourself and make a safer fort. (For instance, I made torches for my underground tunnel system to keep the zombies from creeping up on me)

You combine things like coal that you dig up with sticks that you get from wood to make torches. Since I have only begun I do not have everything and it will take a good long time. From what is going around though, you can build railroads and other things to get arounds faster.

The game is still being developed by one guy (I forget his name) and it will be released as soon as he is finished polishing it up. The game that is released now is a beta that will run you 14.95 euros or 20.5 bucks (I think). Once you buy this beta version, I believe you can update to the full version after its release. I also know there is a multiplayer version but havn't played it yet.

Okay well all I can think of is the link. http://www.minecraft.net/prepurchase.jsp

Google images of Minecraft and you'll get a view of it.
They also have a review by ZeroPunctuation that is pretty straight and does the game justice. (He does use language).
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2680-Minecraft

Happy minecrafting.

DiscoLad

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Yes, Dead Space!
Did you not like the first one?

No, Lonsome... just no. :p

It was so unappealing...
It looked like RE4 ... in space.

I might give it a chance but I certainly am going to need some convincing before I even look at Dead Space 2

Merely a run-of-the-mill scare game

Indy's brother

DiscoLad said:
It was so unappealing...
It looked like RE4 ... in space.

Merely a run-of-the-mill scare game

Wha--? No way. Dead Space was awesome. I am looking forward to sinking my teeth into DS2! The only way the first one could have delivered the better chills would be the inclusion of hot pants and platform shoes....of course there's always room for some dlc that includes this, *shudder*.

Agent Crab

DiscoLad said:
Well 4Food, I started a few days ago and Im not very far but from what I have played I see a very interesting game.

If you're looking for graphics. Stop now. This game looks like legos..

Final Fantasy VII in game models look lole legos, which people praise as the best game ever. I will never understand that.

DiscoLad

Agent Crab said:
Final Fantasy VII in game models look lole legos, which people praise as the best game ever. I will never understand that.

I mean, this game looks pretty bad. But the game makes up for it and this little PC arcade game can put many Xbox, PS3, and all of Wii's games to shame easily.

When you think you've done everything you find out you can make more things. (For instance, I just found out about mine cart systems and now I'm putting a track by all my tunnels)

There is just so much to do. It's all about the game, graphics are a small bit.