Music that should be reused???????????

00Kevin

Indyfan
let's speculate what songs/music clips from past indy films should appear in indy 4 (besides the raiders march)

perhaps the marion and willie love themes if they show

keeping up with the jonese clip somewhere in there

other clips (arc, grail, stones, nazi...)could be used in short homages (like the arc on the wall in LC)

let the battle begin!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Perhaps a slight bit of the Nazi theme if there is a reference to them...I agree with Marion and Elsa, but I still hope they don't show up...I hope a bit of the artifact themes when Indy goes back into the field...perhaps a bit of an action scene theme if it would be appropriate...

swords

Good thread 00. I was actually thinking if they bring back any musical piece, theres the one from LC which I thought fits the Indy theme well. It wasn't used much for LC, just on the boat with Panama Hat, does anyone know which one Im referring? The scene where Indy briefly looks at the cross sliding overboard, and he quickly dodges for it and catches it, the music that accompanies Indy there I think would be good to bring back.

I always thought that sounded pretty enchanting, which is surprising they only used it for this brief sequence in LC.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
swords said:
Good thread 00. I was actually thinking if they bring back any musical piece, theres the one from LC which I thought fits the Indy theme well. It wasn't used much for LC, just on the boat with Panama Hat, does anyone know which one Im referring? The scene where Indy briefly looks at the cross sliding overboard, and he quickly dodges for it and catches it, the music that accompanies Indy there I think would be good to bring back.

I always thought that sounded pretty enchanting, which is surprising they only used it for this brief sequence in LC.

That's the Cross of Coronado theme, perhaps my favorite theme in the entire series, including the Raiders March.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Raiders theme, of course. But I think that the Grail theme should be referenced somewhere.

00Kevin

Indyfan
Attila the Professor said:
swords said:

That's the Cross of Coronado theme, perhaps my favorite theme in the entire series, including the Raiders March.

yeah, the CoC one would be good too

Duguay

Well, there's two themes that I consider closely tied to Indy and his father, there's the introspective one that can be heard in "Keeping up with the Joneses", and there's the cute one that plays whenever they are in trouble, heard in "Scherzo for motorcycle" track on the LC soundtrack. I personally prefer the cute theme, it always makes me laugh because I associate it with Indy and Henry's hilarious antics. But I suspect the introspective one will be used, since the word is that they want Sean Connery involved in the new movie.

FordFan

I think the best sequences of music in the whole series (aside from the march) are The Map Room and The Truck Chase.

Does anyone realize that if John Williams conducts an excellent score, the film will be a classic? Think about it. An excellent score can really save a movie.

00Kevin

Indyfan
yes......but It would have to be an amasing score

the SW prequels had great music.....but still arn't as loved as the origonal

the question is: Can JW make such a score???????? his best ever?????

If the plot or something is bad.....then It's up to JW to save it

and if the plots good...then JW can make it the greatest adventure film EVER

I sure hope he puts all effort possibly to make this magical

Von Beck

I hope JW will go above and beyond to make the IndyIV score as good or even better than the other Indy movies which hopefully, some parts that become classic.

westford

If JW's gonna recycle anything for the IJIV score, I just hope it's Indy stuff - doesn't matter too much which tunes, as long as they're Indy. In Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, there was a track that was pretty similar to the Zam Wesell chase music from AotC (the Quidditch scene with Harry and Draco going after the snitch with the bludger right behind them, which even looked like a cross between the pod racing from PM and the speeder bike chase on Endor - Harry Potter is Luke Skywalker!!! :p ).

Barryson Ford

i always liked the 'haunting' Ark theme,which actually is played more in Raiders of the lost ark then the Raiders march.
so i vote for that

NileQT87

i love the marion/indy theme...actually bits of it are in the full raiders march. it goes into snipits of their love theme.

maybe well even hear willie rehashing "anything goes."

sarah navarro

wow this was posted a long time ago , i just felt like saying they should definitly use the raiders march with the love theme (same song) (y)

oki9Sedo

Well it all depends on the story....whats the point in using the Ark theme if the Ark has nothing to do with it? The same goes for any other theme.

IndySeven

Here's the music that should be reused:

Raiders Theme (of course)
Ark Theme
Truck Chase

All three of these are awesome and should definitely be used again!(y)

oki9Sedo

IndySeven said:
Here's the music that should be reused:

Raiders Theme (of course)
Ark Theme
Truck Chase

All three of these are awesome and should definitely be used again!(y)

It wouldn't make sense to use the Ark theme unless the Ark is involved in the story.

As for the Truck Chase music, great as it is, that music was written for that action scene and that action scene alone. All of the big action sequences in the trilogy have their own distinct themes: the Cairo marketplace, the Flying Wing, the truck chase, Indy vs. the Thuggee slavemaster, the bridge sequence, the Young Indy prologue, the speedboat chase, the tank chase etc.

So presumably the big action scenes in Indy IV will have their own distinct cues.

Katarn07

00Kevin said:
yes......but It would have to be an amasing score

the SW prequels had great music.....but still arn't as loved as the origonal

Says who? Duel of the Fates, Across the Stars, and Battle of Heroes are among the best pieces in the entire SW saga. They're up there with the main theme and the Imperial March.

No Ticket

I'd rather not get reused themes much. I can't WAIT to hear the Raiders March (Indy theme) again though. But the prequels reused themes all over the place. I want to hear some fresh John Williams in this movie. He is SO GOOD at theme music. I can't wait to hear what's new for this one! Last Crusade has the best music IMO, btw. Just thought I'd throw that in there! :p

jeshopk

Hopefully every second of this will be new music, just like the previous ones. A reprise of Raiders march at the end with quotes of indy's hero theme where appropriate. Attack of the Clones re-used so much from the TPM recording, I don't even consider it a finished film.