Very Spoilerish Set Photos

thebacklot

That set is 100% for National Treasure 2. This was a small piece built in addition to the large set they built at the Falls Lake location on the Universal Studios back lot. They moved this piece closer to the Mummy portion of the tram ride up against the tree-line to make way for the actual Indiana Jones sets that were built.

Please review the photograph at this link and then put this rumor to rest: http://westcoaster.net/wcPhoto.php?upd=1&image=8837

Cheers,

Thebacklot

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I was going to say that these photos look like the official photos of the Mummy 3 movie on Empire's site, but NT2 was another one I was going to guess.

Dr. Gonzo

Dear patrons of The Raven,
this is going to sound really strange and I am not quite sure I believe it myself but i drove by downey studios a few days ago after dropping my girlfriend off. I was on lakewood blvd and drove all the way down the front of the studios. i made the first right turn i could make closest to the studios and i was in kind of an alley between a strip mall located next to the studio and the studio itself. i am not lying to you when i tell you i saw torn down walls and pieces of set that were aztec temple in nature. i want to share the cell phone photos with you but i dont know how to add a picture. if some one could tell me how ill do it.

i had some questions though...

was downey being used at all for aztec stuff because i thought they were using it for the raiders werehouse?

Dr. Gonzo said:
Dear patrons of The Raven,
this is going to sound really strange and I am not quite sure I believe it myself but i drove by downey studios a few days ago after dropping my girlfriend off. I was on lakewood blvd and drove all the way down the front of the studios. i made the first right turn i could make closest to the studios and i was in kind of an alley between a strip mall located next to the studio and the studio itself. i am not lying to you when i tell you i saw torn down walls and pieces of set that were aztec temple in nature. i want to share the cell phone photos with you but i dont know how to add a picture. if some one could tell me how ill do it.

i had some questions though...

was downey being used at all for aztec stuff because i thought they were using it for the raiders werehouse?

No one knows what the hell it was being used for...

...as for uploading photos... Go to ImageShack.Us and upload them there. Paste the link it gives you on the forum.

Dr.Sartorius

DrGonzo is probably legit. I went to the same exact location (a couple months ago) - the alley between Best Buy and Downey Studios. I was only able to see actor/crew trailers and a boat under construction in front.

And I'm sure Downey Studios was used for more than one setting.

Dr.Gonzo: you can also try using imagevenue to upload photos.

Dr. Gonzo

Patrons of the raven,

this is one of the pictures that i took on my cell phone in the alley between that strip mall and downey studios. these are torn down pieces that were loaded into the back of a big truck. the other picture i took is in the "filming at downey studios" thread. the only question i have to ask myself before getting excited for taking a genuine indy 4 set picture is, does anybody know if another movie was being filmed at downey studios at the same time with aztec like sets? i know in the past that some sets have been mistaken for indy 4 sets but they were really for national treasure 2. are we sure that only the genre project was filming there? if the answer to that is yes, then i am proud to say i have taken a genuine indy 4 set picture and here it is for you guys to view.

Dr. Gonzo

the picture in the "filming at downey studios" thread is closer and a little clearer.

what do you guys think?

commontone

ResidentAlien said:
Did you at all read the topic?

They are not from Indy 4.

The "spoilerish set photos" that sparked this thread are not from Indy 4. But these new ones probably are--they are not the same thing.

From all I've read Indy pretty much took over Downey, and built several huge sets there, because they needed that kind of enormous space. So it seems very unlikely that another Aztec movie was being filmed in the back corner or something.

commontone said:
The "spoilerish set photos" that sparked this thread are not from Indy 4. But these new ones probably are--they are not the same thing.

From all I've read Indy pretty much took over Downey, and built several huge sets there, because they needed that kind of enormous space. So it seems very unlikely that another Aztec movie was being filmed in the back corner or something.

And did you read the topic? My response was in reference to the first group of photos--it was after all posted before the second lot even surfaced.

commontone

ResidentAlien said:
And did you read the topic? My response was in reference to the first group of photos--it was after all posted before the second lot even surfaced.

Ah, you were responding to Arkfinder's late comment about the NT2 stuff, gotcha.

Ska

OK so we thought this was probably from National Treasure 2...and since said movie has been released, we now 100% know it to be true (at least I think).

***SPOILER WARNING (for National Treasure 2)***

This set was used in the lost city under Mt. Rushmore. It was the room under the gold pyramid where the water drained out...and Gates and Mitch had to turn the lever to open the door to allow Ben's parents, Riley, and Abigail out.

The pictures posted on page 1 of this thread look very similar to the room mentioned above. Can anyone else confirm this?

Dr. HenryJones.jr

ah, no Indy set anymore, but in the Hawaii shooting sets... very other.

National Treasure 2, I have saw the movie, it is good movie and this photo is from water scene!