The Official Wild Goose Chase Thread (for all the rumors with undisclosed source)

oki9Sedo

NileQT87 said:
from a poster on imdb, "suneptra":

most interesting thing is the fact that we've heard that "part time" bit before in another version of the supposed trailer.

None of that sounds authentic to me.

nitzsche

Every aspect of every supposed trailer synopsis has always sounded plausible. There's no way to know until the trailer is released.

AlivePoet

NileQT87 said:
from a poster on imdb, "suneptra":

most interesting thing is the fact that we've heard that "part time" bit before in another version of the supposed trailer.

What part of that description isn't speculation, I wonder?

oki9Sedo

nitzsche said:
Every aspect of every supposed trailer synopsis has always sounded plausible. There's no way to know until the trailer is released.

It just sounds too mundane to be real. They've been working on this for ages, I find it unlikely lines like "Part time!" are the best they have to put into the trailer.

nitzsche

You guys mean that Indiana Jones, Marion, villains, sidekicks, car chases, fighting, crystal skulls, lost temples and witty one-liners just don't come off as representative of an Indiana Jones trailer?

I'm not saying this one is authentic, but I see nothing about it that would make me conclude it is way off base.

UltimateManGod

Movieweb Indy Talk

http://www.movieweb.com/news/19/26319.php
The Indy section is first. Now, last time I checked, Shia was NOT confirmed to be Indy's son. His name is Mutt yes, but we've never had official confirmation about the son part. What confused me is the writer's claim that the last twenty minutes of the film take place in a spaceship. And that it had been confirmed. Where did he get this idea from? I've never seen anything about it. Now, if it was something obvious that I missed, please forgive me. I'm just bothered by his attitude, and the whole son/spaceship thing he brings up. Maybe I'm just overreacting.

Hawkeye

I think this guy's full of crap. Nowhere have I ever read that the last 20 minutes of the movie take place on a spaceship.

UltimateManGod

He just states that it's confirmed and that's it. He has nothing to back it up. I don't believe it at all. I wanted to make sure that I didn't miss anything like that. I've been following this movie closely since it was still a rumor around 2003, so something like that would have been way under that radar for me to miss it.

agentsands77

UltimateManGod said:
Now, last time I checked, Shia was NOT confirmed to be Indy's son. His name is Mutt yes, but we've never had official confirmation about the son part.
Official confirmation? No. But all the evidence on the table points to him being the spawn of Dr. Jones, including a lot of reliable reports (even some that correctly named the character before the official name was released).

UltimateManGod said:
What confused me is the writer's claim that the last twenty minutes of the film take place in a spaceship. And that it had been confirmed. Where did he get this idea from? I've never seen anything about it.
I've heard about it, but it's not a spaceship in the sense you think. I've heard that the pyramid of the finale actually turns out to be a space ship of sorts from a contact of my own (if you want to hear what I've heard from a contact, look earlier in the thread on page 19... I think somebody reposted it from the SHH boards), and IESB also reported it back when the title was announced. And if you look on the LEGO set, the top fo the temple does look suspiciously spacecrafty. Not at all 100%, but it's not exactly an out-of-nowhere thing, either.

I don't know why Movieweb considers this confirmed, but they do have some good sources (heck, they were able to leak the crystal skull picture before anyone else had it, so they do know someone close to the production). I wouldn't toss their info aside so easily.

tnswman

agentsands77 said:
Official confirmation? No. But all the evidence on the table points to him being the spawn of Dr. Jones, including a lot of reliable reports (even some that correctly named the character before the official name was released).

I've heard about it, but it's not a spaceship in the sense you think. I've heard that the pyramid of the finale actually turns out to be a space ship of sorts from a contact of my own (if you want to hear what I've heard from a contact, look earlier in the thread on page 19... I think somebody reposted it from the SHH boards), and IESB also reported it back when the title was announced. And if you look on the LEGO set, the top fo the temple does look suspiciously spacecrafty. Not at all 100%, but it's not exactly an out-of-nowhere thing, either.

I don't know why Movieweb considers this confirmed, but they do have some good sources (heck, they were able to leak the crystal skull picture before anyone else had it, so they do know someone close to the production). I wouldn't toss their info aside so easily.

I simply think "space ship" is the dumbed down way of describing the set. think more of a portal.

Guys...I hate to tell you this but there are people who have seen the majority of the movie.....All they will say is that people will LOVE it.

These are the same people who have had a recent contact with Harrison Ford and Co. Keep looking around the boards and place this together.

Also, don't forget that the Crystal Skull that we have seen was packed in a "crate" There are a LOT of elements that are coming together.

A lot of you nay sayers will end up eating crow when the movie is released and you see things tat you read about here.

The same thing happened with EVERY SW movie

xVendetta17x

UltimateManGod said:
http://www.movieweb.com/news/19/26319.php
The Indy section is first. Now, last time I checked, Shia was NOT confirmed to be Indy's son. His name is Mutt yes, but we've never had official confirmation about the son part. What confused me is the writer's claim that the last twenty minutes of the film take place in a spaceship. And that it had been confirmed. Where did he get this idea from? I've never seen anything about it. Now, if it was something obvious that I missed, please forgive me. I'm just bothered by his attitude, and the whole son/spaceship thing he brings up. Maybe I'm just overreacting.

Whoever this guy is didn't see anything to do with KotCS the Spaceship idea is from the proposed script Indiana Jones and the Saucer Men From Mars, which was not accepted as the new film for obvious reasons.

NileQT87

barnes & noble lets more cats out of the bag:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Indiana-Jones/LeapFrog/e/9781400672295/?itm=1

Synopsis
Help Indiana Jones Find the Crystal Skull!
Join Indiana Jones and his newly discovered son, Mutt Williams, on a mission to find the Crystal Skull. Battle through five action-packed levels, from the bone-chilling rapids of the raging Amazon River to the dark, perilous catacombs deep beneath an Irish castle. Along the way, you'll use your skills and knowledge to help Indy overcome every obstacle. And, you can customize the game online with the math skills you're studying in school.

irish castle catacombs?!?! eeee! and the son thing has even more evidence supporting its existence.

Last edited:

Dr.Sartorius

darth_vader_nooo1.jpeg