Indiana Jones in New Haven - news, updates and everything else

Gobi-1

Yep the yellow hot rod belonged to Paul Le Mat's character and the black car belonged to Harrison Ford's character.

:whip:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
You know what precedes and follows the car chase in the Saucer Men script, right?
Rumors of New Mexico and church scenes...
Egad, it's all coming together!
Is Indy getting hitched?
She also referred the "Indiana Jones" film crew to the First Congregational Church in West Haven when they asked if she knew of any quaint white churches in the area.
Paramount Pictures representative Abby Eon, in a letter to the city, said the producers for the PG-rated action-adventure film are considering using the exterior of the historic church on the Green, "with actors entering and exiting the church."
Neither Eon nor church officials returned calls seeking further comment.
(memo to Mods... move to the spoiler forum...)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Moedred said:
EXT. PRINCETON CHAPEL - DAY ...where the black sedan roars off. Indy looks around, spots the wedding car with ?JUST MARRIED? soaped on the windows and cans hanging off the back...The DRIVER waits beside the car. Indy brushes the driver out of the way and climbs in behind the wheel.
EXT. PRINCETON STREETS - DAY Indy accelerates through traffic in the sleepy college town, CANS BANGING after him. He closes-in on the black sedan. The two cars cut back and forth in and out of traffic. It is clear that the driver of the black sedan has no intention of allowing Indy to catch up. Indy pulls out to pass, when a truck suddenly backs out in front of him. He slams on the brakes and cuts the wheel, sending the wedding car roaring across campus. Indy cuts down sidewalks and over lawns... all the time keeping the black sedan in sight until he blasts through a hedge onto
FOOTBALL PRACTICE FIELDS The football team scatters in front of the wedding car. INDY cuts hard again to avoid the band and cheerleaders who dive for cover. THE WEDDING CAR roars down an embankment onto a lower field where homecoming floats are being prepared. INDY sees the floats too late and CRASHES through the tallest one, taking half the chicken wire and crepe paper with him through a fence and swerving to avoid students stacking...
TWO STORIES OF WOOD FOR THE HOMECOMING BONFIRE
The car clips the bottom corner and the entire stack wobbles, then collapses as students leap to the ground and INDY'S CAR bursts through a picket fence and back onto... CAMPUS STREET ...and coming out just behind the black sedan! Indy floors it, moving closer...fender to fender. The man holds a look with Indy, then veers the black sedan into Indy's car, causing him to slam on the brakes and crash into a yard as... The black sedan disappears... AROUND THE CORNER ...and runs up a ramp, disappearing inside a tractor trailer truck. TWO MEN dressed as movers, fold up the ramp and close the doors of the trailer revealing the name: CAMPUS MOVERS. INDY'S CAR pulls out of the yard and roars around the corner to find the sedan gone. His car roars past the truck as the men climb into the cab and drive off.
ON INDY - He stops the car. The road ahead is empty. The black sedan has vanished. He climbs out and looks around but Elaine has vanished. Behind him the moving van pulls away.

Yeah, I did think about Saucermen with all the rumours and news lately. Cate Blancett would suit the Elaine character, which is what's got me worried. I just not someone who wants Indy mixed with Aliens and Area 51 and all that stuff. That's my biggest worry.

Finn

Staff member
Moedred said:
(memo to Mods... move to the spoiler forum...)
Merged with another thread of similar topic.

As far that church business though, I still repeat you're not using one for weddings only. Besides, for all one knows, even if it's a marriage, can one really say whose it is?

Not that I couldn't settle with the idea of Indy biting the cake, but a sad remainder that we still don't know squat.

Dr.Sartorius

cagkeg said:
What times are the filming in New Haven, CT?

According to a new New Haven Register article:

The dates are reasonably certain at this point, barring weather delays or other unforeseen events. Shooting will start as early as 6 a.m. Thursday and run through July 7, except for Sunday and the Fourth of July.

Here's more:

Director Steven Spielberg, actor Harrison Ford and maybe even Cate Blanchett will be in town to shoot a chase scene for the fourth "Indiana Jones" movie, along with hundreds of locally cast extras, gaffers, best boys and other cinematic technical types.

One change the Paramount decision-makers have made is that they will not use a Yale practice field in the scene. "Their creative team decided that they’re not going to use Derby Avenue for the chase scene," said West Haven Police Chief Ronald M. Quagliani.

Lamb said that part of the schedule will be filled with something new. "They’re creating a new scene, which hasn’t even been confirmed yet, so that’s going to go in there," she said.

Read more...

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Indy IV News from New Haven and Photos

Indy IV News from New Haven-

From extra casting information, to set dressings to the big chase scene to New Haven?s Indy Day Celebration ? New Haven was a buzz with activity.

EXTRA CASTING INFO FROM THE MAN HIMSELF:
I was waiting for a friend who went to the casting call of the new Martin Lawrence/Raven film called ?College Road Trip? soon to be filming in Connecticut, when out walks Billy Dowd, who was the gentleman in charge of the casting for extras for Indy IV. I introduced myself, and mentioned the Entertainment weekly, ?Fan of the Week? and how I was at the extra casting call. Mr. Dowd said all casting was done (sorry everyone waiting for a call), and that it was a period film using vintage 1950s clothing, and most of the casting was done on body type, men should have been around a 40, 42 or 44 suit size (this left yours truly ? a portly 48R out), and women as well needed to be a certain size. He also confirmed that the football practice that was mentioned as part of the chase scene was out, and that they had already picked folks, had wardrobe ready ? but that?s Hollywood ? things are in constant change. I mentioned to him all the films coming to CT and how it was a great time to be a fan of the movies. I said goodbye and reminded him if they need and chubby extras ? I will be waiting by the phone.

WELCOME TO CHAPEL STREET CIRCA 1957 or RAIDERS OF THE LOST ?ADULT TOY STORE???
Chapel Street is already being transformed with store windows and facades that give the appearance of 1957. There is now a Woolworths store with vintage toys, Brillo pads, and the most unusual gags or practical jokes collection ? see photos of Italian Nuts, Polish Nuts ? and other weird ?International Gags? - I know you will never see these close-up on the screen ? but these are the items in the window ? I guess folks weren?t Politically correct back in 1957. I know they say R2 and 3PO are on the wall in the Well of the Souls in ?Raiders? but that?s nothing compared to the French Bikini Set at Indy?s local Woolworths!

Speaking of 1957 ? all indications are that is the year ? but judging by the dates on the magazines in the window ? who knows when. Just when is a mystery as the photos I took of the magazines in the ?Village Book Store? aka News Haven, have authentic magazines from 1957, but a Time with JFK on the cover is December 2, 1957. While the TV Guide with Lawrence Welk is September, 1957 ? Hard cover titles like ?The Day That Christ Died? are in the window to - you can see the photos on my myspace gallery - http://myspace.com/mitchellhallock .

The clothing store was the biggest hoot ? especially the hat rack ? The Man with the Fedora is back- and he brought extras! There are several mannequins in men?s clothes from the 1957?s at Enson?s Menswear ? but I got a kick out of the hat rack that had about 10 fedoras ? must be where Indy gets his when they come when he is being dragged under a truck or falling out of a plane! It was like seeing where Superman gets his capes!

There is also a jewelry store and an art supply store that have been redone with more on the way.

FILMING HAS BEGUN!
According to folks around the area, there was a chase scene filmed on Saturday, or maybe a dress rehearsal for the big one that is coming up. Some folks said filming was being done last week, but the big stuff with the actors is still to come. Including the demolishing of a huge set of newly created wooden doors that lead out of Yale?s Calhoun College onto Elm Street. They took out the old Yale iron gate and put these wooden doors, complete with wood carvings up and are varnishing them tomorrow and then Indy will drive a truck through them! There are two shots of the doors as well on my site.

The dining hall/motorcycle chase rehearsal has started to take shape as well.

As posted earlier and in the newspaper the Football chase scene is out.

INDY DAY IS JUNE 26, 2007
The city of New Haven is kicking off Indy IV filming in style with a showing of Raiders of The Lost Ark, symphony music playing John Williams? Raiders set, games, food challenges. All info was at the New Haven Tourist Info Center on Chapel and College ? they have a big Indy poster in the window. You can?t miss it!

I scanned in the flyers as well ?

That is all from the Elm City ? it looks to be a great time.