Indiana Jones and Rick O'Connell crossover

Raiders90

Personally, I've always wanted to see a Mummy/Indy cross-over. I've read a few by Mummy fans who seemed to have little grasp of Indy's character and his manner of speech.
I personally think a crossover story--set maybe in the 1920s or 1930s (or maybe in the '40s, when Indy worked for the OSS and Rick worked for MI6) would be cool--a story written by fans who get Indy's character and mannerisms.

Stoo

Banned? No, not at all. Just tyring to point you toward similar conversations.

Montana Smith

Raiders112390 said:
Searchmaster, those aren't fan fiction stories, they are speculative threads.
But I see you are trying to get me permanently banned.

Stoo just has a supernatural gift for locating old threads!

Even the Shadow fears the ability of the mysterious Threadworm! ;)

Stoo said:
Banned? No, not at all. Just tyring to point you toward similar conversations.

And he's helpful, too! :hat:

Ska

Raiders112390 said:
Searchmaster, those aren't fan fiction stories, they are speculative threads.
But I see you are trying to get me permanently banned.

How is linking threads you might be interested in trying to get you banned? :confused:

haha I'm so lost.

Raiders90

Ska said:
How is linking threads you might be interested in trying to get you banned? :confused:

haha I'm so lost.

He does this with nearly thread of mine.
The last time he did in en masse, it got me banned for a week.
He's grabbing at straws with this thread, because the only Rick/Indy threads before were speculative "Rick vs. Indy" fight threads, one movie idea, and another thread which rapidly off course. This is an idea, or a suggestion, for fan fiction for the more talented people of this forum, because like I've said, Mummy fans have done Indy cross overs and they simply don't know how to write Indy's character. They make him seem almost dorky.

Stoo

Raiders112390, I totally forgot that you were suspended and that was never my intention & decision then, nor is it now. Please, don't think I'm trying to get you banned.:cool:

You weren't very clear in your 1st post as to whether you were going to write a story or if you wanted someone else to do one. I thought you might have wanted to check out what other people had to say on the same subject.

That aside, do you think Indy fans would have a good enough grasp on Rick O'Connell's character in order to appease his fanbase?

Raiders90

Stoo said:
Raiders112390, I totally forgot that you were suspended and that was never my intention & decision then, nor is it now. Please, don't think I'm trying to get you banned.:cool:

You weren't very clear in your 1st post as to whether you were going to write a story or if you wanted someone else to do one. I thought you might have wanted to check out what other people had to say on the same subject.

That aside, do you think Indy fans would have a good enough grasp on Rick O'Connell's character in order to appease his fanbase?

Well, it depends on the skill of the writer I suppose. I don't think Rick is is as complex, or even as intelligent as Indy. He's more brawns over brain. He's like a non-college educated version of Indy in that they are similar in personality, but whereas Indy might explain the history of something--an artifact, a lost city--Rick would be like, "And of course there's a legend about a lost city, blah blah blah, a curse on the city, buried treasure. You know how it works." He seems to take these things even more cynically than Indy does, or at least has less of a respect for the details.

He's also more one dimensional than Indy. He's an adventurer, soldier--Little more. You have with Indy almost two personalities at work: The adventurer and the bow tie wearing professor. One part of him is very professional, mild mannered, stutters when co-eds oogle at him; the other part of him is a ladies man with full confidence, who can kill enemies with little pity and can even go, when really pushed, into an almost animal like rage.

Rick also seems to be more, well, open to the idea of the supernatural than Indy is. He's not a hysteric by any means, but he's at least open to there being something odd at work (in the first Mummy), but kind of laughs it off. Indy on the other hand as a professor and probably from adventuring and following leads that turned out to be hoaxes before is a lot more skeptical and doesn't automatically assume the hand(s) of God(s) is at work--and in Raiders and ToD laughs off the idea as "a ghost story" and "superstitious hocus pocus."

Rick also seems to believe he needs an arsenal of weapons to take down his mortal foes. Indy just needs a Smith & Wesson and whip, with the occasional Browning 9mm as backup. Rick feels he needs twin pistols, a shotgun, a Tommy gun, knives and numerous other weapons. We've also never seen Rick in hand to hand combat with a mortal foe. Indy seems to get into fist fights a lot more often.

Last edited: