• Bag (MKVII or CS rucksack)

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Belts/Holsters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guns

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

Goodeknight

We all own bits and pieces of Indy gear (screen accurate or close enough) if not the full ensemble.

So what's your favorite piece of gear? Jacket? Shirt? Boots? Fedora? MKVII bag? Whip?

Mine would be my Wested jacket, mainly because I can wear it regularly and know that I'm secretly wearing SA gear. A fedora is a dead giveaway. And the whip is great fun, but not something I break out too often.

(Feel free to post pics if you have them handy.)

Mickiana

I love my Wested Raiders jackets too, but here in the sub tropics winter is not very long, from May to September if we are lucky. That actually goes for all the gear - long sleeve shirt, wool twill pants - it's mostly cold weather clothing, but the Indygear I can wear all year round is the boots.

I haven't answered the question yet though. It's actually hard to say because I love it all, but it would have to be the jacket by a nose.

IAdventurer01

My most used and loved piece of equipment has to be the bag. I use it as a laptop bag, so I have it with me almost all day, everyday. (Being in IT, it's practically a requirement!)

However, I'm soon getting a nice fedora that will be frequently with me, so I may have to update this post in a few months. (y)

joebloggs

Mine is also my Wested Raiders jacket. I can't say enough good things about it. I wear it at least 7 months of the year. I have had it now for almost 6 years, and it still looks fantastic. Hoping to buy another one soon, and am thinking of the Temple of Doom style this time around.:whip: :D

Chewbacca Jones

I'm a hat guy, so... yep. The hat. You wouldn't guess by my collection, as I have far more Indy jackets than hats. But I only consider one... wait, now two... to be actual Indy jackets. The others are there because it's one of the few styles that look good on me, and they make so many cool variations!

Anyhow, jacket addiction aside, the hat is my prize.

Goodeknight

IAdventurer01 said:
My most used and loved piece of equipment has to be the bag. I use it as a laptop bag...

What kind of bag is it, Adventurer? I can't see an MKvii bag being big enough to hold a laptop.

Chewbacca Jones said:
I'm a hat guy, so... yep. The hat.

Does it ever feel costumey when you're wearing it? Anytime I tried wearing the hat in public, it always felt like I was wearing an Indiana Jones hat with regular clothes. You know?

Hey mods -- is it too late to turn this into a poll? I'm already thinking the jacket's going to win by a long shot, but I'd be curious.

Ironclaw

Does it ever feel costumey when you're wearing it? Anytime I tried wearing the hat in public, it always felt like I was wearing an Indiana Jones hat with regular clothes. You know?

Only if it doesn't fit what I'm wearing. I can't wear it with t-shirts, shorts, or polos. I also don't ever wear it with any brown jacket that I have. I can only wear the hat with a collared long-sleeved shirt (which is probably 80% of the shirts I have). So no, at least in my eyes, it doesn't seem costume-y.

You're never going to have 1 item that goes with everything you wear. I, for instance, am not fond of any type of leather jacket, Indy-style or no; it just doesn't feel right.

IAdventurer01

goodeknight said:
What kind of bag is it, Adventurer? I can't see an MKvii bag being big enough to hold a laptop.

I've got the What Price Glory Mk. VII Bag, and a relatively small laptop. I think the WPG bag may run a bit bigger than standard, but I do know that it fits my 12 inch laptop like a glove! (y)

Chewbacca Jones

goodeknight said:

I only feel that way if I wear it with other stuff that is or is close to Indy gear. Then I feel like the whole thing is costumey. But wearing the hat with regular clothes just feels like wearing a hat. But, I wear a fedora 99.9% of the time that I leave the house. Also, I do not distress my Indy hats, and I don't dusty them up. That, to me, is a costume... unless it gets that way through normal wear.

If you wear fedoras everyday, then you simply see the hat as a costume item. If you don't wear fedoras often, then you will feel costumey with ANY fedora until you get used to it. It took me a couple of months of frequent hat wearing to get over feeling that way, and I didn't even own an Indy hat at that point.

Dr. Wolfwood

I carry the bag with me everywhere I go, to carry my wallet, cell phones, netbook and whatever else I might need.

I also wear a hat, but not always the "Indy" fedora. The Akubra Federation IV Deluxe in Heritage Fawn is my favourite of the hats I've got, but I use the brown one during winters.

IndyAJA77

My favorite is my hat. I think that is, in part, because I always had a thing for hats. But, I probably wear my jacket the most. I tend to wear fedoras in the winter and with an overcoat.

Goodeknight

So far it's a tie between the jacket and the hat. 4 to 4 (If you count Indyclone's vote for "jacket and hat"). Two votes for bag if my quick count is accurate.

Hey mods -- Is it too late to make this a poll? Jacket, hat, bag, shirt, pants, boots, whip, belts/holsters, gun.

InexorableTash

To be honest, my most useful piece of gear is my KOTCS-style rucksack (the modern version). Use it every day and it's terribly handy both in the city and on the road.

Now admittedly all my "daily carry" stuff (no weapons! I'm a civilized Canadian even in this unholy land of firearms) is organized inside an authentic MkVII bag inside the rucksack.

(For fashion: the hat. For time in the great outdoors: the whip.)

Goodeknight

twlightzone1205 said:
As of last week my favorite gear item is my Coyle's Bantu Wind jacket. I own 5 jackets and the cheapest brand new is my fav.
Posting any pics? I was intrigued by those Bantu Wind jackets. They sold out really quickly, though, and I couldn't justify getting a second jacket anyway. (You have five. I have one. Maybe someday.)

FYI everybody, Moedred did me a favor and added a poll to this thread. Cast a vote for your favorite piece of gear!!