Trimmin' the brim...

Drones33

Anyone ever trimmed the brim of their fedora? Since getting my Fed IV, I realise the brim of my AdVintage as a little too big, especially at the back. I'm currently attempting to re-shape it, and feel it needs to lose a little off the brim. Any tips?

Glenville86

One thing I have done is to take a hat with the brim length I like and put the two hats against each other with the opening facing each other. I then use a sharpie and make a line all around. Use very sharp scissors and cut away the excess. You cut just inside the line. Have converted a couple western styles into a fedora.

Drones33

Glenville86 said:
One thing I have done is to take a hat with the brim length I like and put the two hats against each other with the opening facing each other. I then use a sharpie and make a line all around. Use very sharp scissors and cut away the excess. You cut just inside the line. Have converted a couple western styles into a fedora.

Ah yes, I see. I'll give it a try. Thanks Glenville. (y)

Drones33

Thanks Glenville, worked perfectly. I just had to smooth off the edge of the brim with some fine grain sandpaper, looks like a different hat.:hat: