Young Indy DVD's

I haven't heard any more news about them coming out on DVD other than maybe to expect them around the time of Indy IV. If they are done sooner, why not release them sooner?

Stoo

temple of john said:
funny, I never had any interest in the series. If it's not Harrison, I don't want to watch it.
No, it's definitely not him (and Flanery doesn't even emulate Ford's mannerisms)
but I *really* think you would enjoy Indy's duels with death in these:

"Somme - Early August 1916"
"Verdun - September 1916"

VHS titles are "Trenches of Hell" and "Demons of Deception", respectively.
Check them out when the DVDs appear. Not so much for Indiana Jones but for
their re-creation of WWI trenches. Plenty of poignant moments, lots of action,
lots of German soldiers getting stabbed in the chest with bayonettes...

DaFedora

(minor series spoilers, I warn you)

I vividly remember Verdun, Indy's nocturnal recon/espionnage mission... the horror on the battlefield (great score from Rosenthal by the way), destroying Pétain's insane order to continue a lost assault on Fort Duaumont.

Stoo, the 'Demons of deception' episode, whas that the one with a hidden Big Bertha (German Houwitser gun on rails), which the French couldn't find and was responsible for many set-backs for the French army?

No, I think I'm mistaken... I remember two episodes where Indy and an incursion team of commando's had to look for a hidden Houwitser gun (in the desert?), that was constantly on the move and undetectable by intelligence / spyplanes... whasn't that two-episode story, situated in German East Afrika, named 'the Phantom train of Doom' ???

I realy loved the mechanism with the rails appearing out of the ground, and the ridge opening to reveal the hidden base...

Sooo Indy

Stoo

DaFedora, you've touched something very dear to my heart. Yes, the one that
you're thinking of is indeed, "The Phantom Train of Doom". My fave episode! :D
Jam-packed *Indy-type adventure*. (Did you actually see this as 2 shows?)

I can't wait to watch the documentaries that will accompany the DVDs as this
is a WW1 campaign I enjoy reading about. There was a programme recently on
our History Channel with loads of archival footage related to those events and
seeing it only increased my desire to have these DVDs properly released.

Who would have ever thought that Indy had joined the Belgian army, eh?
I'll bet you were pleased with that... ;)

KDuncan

temple of john said:
funny, I never had any interest in the series. If it's not Harrison, I don't want to watch it.

I feel the same way, although sometimes some "before movies" info would be interesting.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
roundshort said:
So are these on Dvd yet? It seems everything else inthe world is

Not yet. It seems that we have to wait at least a year, maybe two.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Dual-layer discs would surely hold 4 broadcast hours each plus all the additional edutainment Lucas shot recently. The whole series belongs on two 6-disc sets and could sell for under $100.

There was a time when marketers drooled over the thought of selling 22 separate Indy "movies." Remember the rebates offered for accumulating all 12 available? But people watched a few and lost interest. Bundling "Peacock's Eye" with the trilogy was a laughable mistake by marketers who obviously hadn't viewed it. Somewhere in Marin there's a warehouse of unsold tapes with the ark buried beneath them... Fortunately, now people are willing to buy tv shows by the season. This is Lucas' only hope.

IndyBuff

Moedred said:
Dual-layer discs would surely hold 4 broadcast hours each plus all the additional edutainment Lucas shot recently. The whole series belongs on two 6-disc sets and could sell for under $100.

There was a time when marketers drooled over the thought of selling 22 separate Indy "movies." Remember the rebates offered for accumulating all 12 available? But people watched a few and lost interest. Bundling "Peacock's Eye" with the trilogy was a laughable mistake by marketers who obviously hadn't viewed it. Somewhere in Marin there's a warehouse of unsold tapes with the ark buried beneath them... Fortunately, now people are willing to buy tv shows by the season. This is Lucas' only hope.

I'll buy them if they're ever released. I have never seen the show, unfortunately, but I would certainly purchase the series if DVDs were ever released. I do hope that they are fairly reasonable in price and are easy to find. I also hope the packaging and sets overall are done well, just like with the three Indy movies. A nice box set or some thin slip cases would be a nice touch and easy to store and I agree that putting them on double-sided discs would be a great idea too.

I'm looking forward to owning the series but I wish they'd hurry and put it out already! :mad:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
McCallum says, "we're up to like 56, 60 documentaries now ?and we're planning 95 altogether plus a lot of lectures." (lectures? groan...)

"We have 22 [DVDs] that we're doing all together." Oh well. At least it can't possibly be any more bloated.

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
I only hope they resurrect Drew Struzan's unfinished paintings for the covers. This would make the whole collection of DVDs (movies and series) look gorgeous on my self. Don't you think so?