Which Indiana Jones Character are you most like?

Who are you most like?

• Total voters

oki9Sedo

Finn said:
It's interesting that the ultimate majority has responded that they are like Indiana Jones. Are they really, or do they just wish that they were? Elaborate, people. Let us judge it instead of judging it yourselves.

Because nothing's sadder than a bunch of wannabes.

In fairness, its not like they responded that they were Superman. Indy's a pretty normal guy. He has to resort to biting and throwing sand to win a fight. His biggest attribute is his tenacity, not his bulging biceps like a Marvel superhero.

Finn

Staff member
oki9Sedo said:
Indy's a pretty normal guy. He has to resort to biting and throwing sand to win a fight. His biggest attribute is his tenacity, not his bulging biceps like a Marvel superhero.
Yet, Indy's got the guts to pull off stunts probably nine out of ten men would not. And even most of those belonging to that extreme minority would do so out of extreme foolhardiness, Indy does not. In my opinion, this is a defining characteristic if one claims to be like Indiana Jones.

I'm one of the nine, and not afraid to admit that.

oki9Sedo

Finn said:
Yet, Indy's got the guts to pull off stunts probably nine out of ten men would not. And even most of those belonging to that extreme minority would do so out of extreme foolhardiness, Indy does not. In my opinion, this is a defining characteristic if one claims to be like Indiana Jones.

I'm one of the nine, and not afraid to admit that.

I agree with everything you said, its just that a person saying they're like Indiana Jones doesn't necessarily mean they're having ideas above their station ("delusions of grandeur" ;) )

In my opinion, Indy's the most "normal" person in the trilogy. He's athletic but not in an extreme way. I think his two main attributes are his tenacity and his intelligence. This is certainly the case in Raiders and Crusade, he was almost a different character entirely in Doom, where he was about 20lbs of muscle heavier.

Finn

Staff member
oki9Sedo said:
In my opinion, Indy's the most "normal" person in the trilogy. He's athletic but not in an extreme way. I think his two main attributes are his tenacity and his intelligence. This is certainly the case in Raiders and Crusade, he was almost a different character entirely in Doom, where he was about 20lbs of muscle heavier.
It's odd that you bring out the physical attributes so strongly, since I've never claimed one has to have inhuman physics to be anything like our favorite archaeologist. To me it's all mental anyway.

In my opinion, Indiana Jones is not the most "normal" person in the trilogy. Heroes are always extraordinary, have they superpowers or not. If there's an "everyman" in those movies, it has to be Sallah. He is trustworthy, never lets his friend down, is willing to put them up when the occasion calls for it and obviously is highly intelligent. Yet he is never the first one to rush into danger and certainly has his limits. Like most of us.

oki9Sedo

Finn said:
It's odd that you bring out the physical attributes so strongly, since I've never claimed one has to have inhuman physics to be anything like our favorite archaeologist. To me it's all mental anyway.

On the contrary, I said that Indy's two main attributes are tenacity and intelligence. I said that it was only Temple of Doom where he was John Rambo.

Niteshade007

Finn said:

In my opinion, Indiana Jones is not the most "normal" person in the trilogy. Heroes are always extraordinary, have they superpowers or not. If there's an "everyman" in those movies, it has to be Sallah. He is trustworthy, never lets his friend down, is willing to put them up when the occasion calls for it and obviously is highly intelligent. Yet he is never the first one to rush into danger and certainly has his limits. Like most of us.

I agree, I expected a LOT more Sallahs. The results of this are interesting to me. I wish there was an official Indiana Jones personality test that matched you with characters from every movie, but I don't think the government would fund such a thing.

Finn

Staff member
oki9Sedo said:
On the contrary, I said that Indy's two main attributes are tenacity and intelligence. I said that it was only Temple of Doom where he was John Rambo.
I think that we have a misunderstanding here. We both agree that one can be like Indiana Jones without inhuman physical attributes. Yet somehow they were brought into this discussion though there was never any need for it. Funny.

'Nyway, it requires quite impressive mental attributes as well to be anything like a man who speaks roughly a dozen foreign languages and knows the customs of numerous cultures, both dead and present. Apart from those, one is also always ready to put his life on the line without hesitation.

Now if there're so many of you out there like that, I can certainly have a sound good nights sleep, knowing impressive heroism is such a thriving thing.

AHegele

I think many people say Indy because he is the most fleshed out character, and aside from his shortcomings, he always tries to do the right thing.

As for me, I'd say Marcus Brody. I have bad direction.

Vendetta08

We are *cackle*cackle* not thirsty!

I'm most like random arab guy #5 in Raiders

I got Brody in the quiz, dammit I wanted Sallah!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I think I'm the most like Marion. I'm pretty good with direction, I'm pretty determined and I can usually take care of myself and get myself out of trouble ok. And I get along with the boys better than girls but that doesn't mean I'm not feminine though I do prefer wearing pants. Plus I travelled a lot in my life, not always in the most beautiful places like Marion, often due to my parents' every wim.

Can you believe it? I got MARION for the Raiders quiz! And I was answering truthfully!!!

I got Indy for the Last Crusade!

Last edited:

Methos

I voted Indy and came up as Indy on the ROTLA quiz, though I came up as Professor Henry Jones Sr. on the LC quiz. I voted Indy because I earnestly feel he's the character I relate to best. I did the whole Boy Scout thing, from Cub to full fledged Scout and would likely have gone for Eagle Scout, had it not been for moving to a city where my school didn't have a troop. I've done a fair amount of travelling in my time. I speak several languages. When I started the whole college thing, I was a double major in History and Philosophy (though I only took an intro to Archaeology course). These days I've been studying International Affairs, with a healthy serving of Latin American Anthropology. I've done some risky things in my time, aside from being mired in academia, like sky-diving and learning to ride a motorcycle during a New England winter. Like Young Indy, I've been lucky enough to have met some famous people, from musicians and actors to a U.S. President. So, I would have to say Indy just fits.

Brooke Logan

Probably Willie because I'd really be out of place in a situation like that just like she was, and I like to be pampered.:) I'd also like to be a performer like she was.

I wish I looked like Willie, too.;)

Marshall2288

I would say ToD "fortune and glory" Indy. I don't always make good desicions, I have kind of a heart but I really just wanna get some $$$ for myself. I pick people to be around me that I know will do what I instruct them to do. I have been the "She's not coming. I can't believe I'm not going." Scenario twice. I like blondes, especially if they are stupid and loud. I cheat at cards. I enjoy insulting my hosts at dinner if the opportunity presents itself.