Rick O'Connell vs. Indiana Jones

OmegaSeamaster

MattJones said:
I don't consider Mummy 3 to be in production until I see some actual proof. ;)

I swear: that's like the most elusive movie to find pictures/videos about. It's very much like Indiana Jones: they have been talking about doing a sequel to The Mummy Returns for many years now.

But in all honesties: I didn't want to say Trilogy because that would have included The Scorpion King, one of the worst movies to date.

That's funny, since before "Scorpion King" came out, "The Mummy Returns" was one of the worst movies to date!

;)

No Ticket

MattJones said:
I don't consider Mummy 3 to be in production until I see some actual proof. ;)

You know, the director's blog even has a bunch of behind the scenes videos and details about the making of the movie. You can find the link on the Mummy 3's wiki page.

And did you guys know the actress who played Evie in the previous films has declined to appear in this one? Instead of changing the character, they are just getting another actress to portray her. Lame. They should have just had her be dead or something... makes the film seem out of place now.

... I personally don't see how it could be that good. The only good Mummy film is the first.

And in a fight, I think him and Indy would be pretty evenly matched and end up teaming up to beat the crap out of someone else.

OmegaSeamaster

No Ticket said:
And did you guys know the actress who played Evie in the previous films has declined to appear in this one? Instead of changing the character, they are just getting another actress to portray her. Lame. They should have just had her be dead or something... makes the film seem out of place now.

Sounds like it should be a "direct to video" release. Even the director of the first two didn't return.

adventure_al

I thought Scoprion King was considered a prequel? You can buy it in a trilogy DVD set. so The Mummy is already a trilogy? Personally can't wait till the Mummy 3, any ideas on release date?

as for the fight, it's close... I'd maybe go for O'connell but... Indy does have his whip and ingenuity... I am sure he come up with somesort of plan while Rick would be more likely to rush in guns blazing :gun:

adventure_al

ResidentAlien said:
...of the guy known for saying "I'm making this up as I go..."

true, but I still tend to think Indy is more brains than O'connell. I'm sure someone mentioned that earlier too. ok I didn't think this through... a very quick plan? :rolleyes:

Raiders90

bump. I think Rick vs. Indy is a lot more interesting than Lara Croft vs. Indy, seeing as they take place in the same time period and are similar in many ways (were military men, spies, adventurers for hire and born in 1899).

Raiders90

How about:

Rick 1923 vs. Indy 1923. Both have been on archaeological adventures, have seen war and Indy was a spy.

Rick 1936 vs. Indy 1936

and finally--

Rick 1946 vs. Indy 1947 (Infernal Machine era)

Raiders90

Anyone else?

indiana-jones-20080521035525470.jpg

images

vs.

Rick03.jpg

images

kongisking

Honestly, judging from his skills in Dragon Emperor, I could see O'Connell putting up a decent fight with Indy. There are a couple moves in that film from Rick that are genuinely awesome.

Raiders90

I still think Indy could make it.

I mean, Rick O'Connell is just a man. Indy has outgunned and survived against whole bands of Nazi and Soviet troops who were equipped with all kinds of weapons, including a tank.

While O'Connell has fought and defeated Mummies, Indy defeated a Vampire.

Indy also has much more military and spy experience than O'Connell.

O'Connell was in the French Foreign Legion for a time in the early-mid 1920s and a member of MI6 during WWII.

Indy on the other hand was in the trenches in WWI, survived the Congo with barely any supplies, served as a spy for the French, Belgians and Americans during WWII and in the OSS as a spy during WWII.

kongisking

Raiders112390 said:
I still think Indy could make it.

I mean, Rick O'Connell is just a man. Indy has outgunned and survived against whole bands of Nazi and Soviet troops who were equipped with all kinds of weapons, including a tank.

While O'Connell has fought and defeated Mummies, Indy defeated a Vampire.

Indy also has much more military and spy experience than O'Connell.

O'Connell was in the French Foreign Legion for a time in the early-mid 1920s and a member of MI6 during WWII.

Indy on the other hand was in the trenches in WWI, survived the Congo with barely any supplies, served as a spy for the French, Belgians and Americans during WWII and in the OSS as a spy during WWII.

Note that I said Rick could put up a decent fight, not outright beat Indy. At the end of the day, Jonesy always wins!

indywannabbe

Sorry to be a spoilsport, but im not interested in who would win a fight.
Whos got the nicest gear on is more what im into. But I love the mummy films.

You know ricks outfit in the mummy returns mansion scenes. Is that a leather jacket Rick is wearing?
Does anyone know about the rest of Ricks clothes in those scenes as well in genera