Indiana Jones Caption Contest

Indy's brother

Bump

Well I figured I would attempt to revive this thread; I LOVE the idea, and after 6 years I think it's safe to say that a new pic is due here:

crusade_deleted_06.jpg

Any takers...?

BTW, Indyologist... your diarrhea quote, EPIC.

ROB98374

"Aliens!?! Why did it have to be aliens?"
Sallah was in the desert too long and thought the camel was Spielberg.

Dr Bones

They couldn't believe their eyes....but there it was on the news stand in black and white....Shia LaBeouf is the new Indiana Jones.

Indy's brother

crusade_deleted_06.jpg

"Delirious from the heat, John Rhys-Davies believed that he was Bruce Springstein in the Dancing In the Dark music video...and that the camel was Courtney Cox. They found the camel in his trailer with him later and they both looked pretty scared."

These are all great! Keep 'em coming!

Last edited:

Indy Scout 117

*zombies creeping their way towards Sallah and Camel*

Sallah: Zombies. Very dangerous...you go first!!!

Camel: NOOOOOOO!!!!! i will not be your sacrifice!!!

Sallah: Oh my lord!! a talking camel!! :eek:

Indy's brother

I see that the previous posts (along with the rules for this game) from 6 years ago were deleted from this thread, so let me quickly run through them.

1 Picture, 1 week to come up with your wittiest caption. So for the current pic, you have until 9:51 pm tomorrow evening (central time zone) to get in your captions. After that time, this contest will close, a winner will be selected (it's gonna be tough!), and I shall pass the responsibility of choosing another picture and judging the captions on to them.

Some of you guys are really funny, btw. I wasn't kidding when I said this is gonna be tough!! :D

Dr Bones

crusade_deleted_06.jpg

Drunken duet...."You've lost....that luuurvin feelin.....whoah that luuuurvin feelin...!"

Or..

Cairo's worst venrtiloquist...

Or..

Even the camel thought Sallah's Tommy Cooper impression was a scream! "Just like that! Hahahah!"

Or

Sallah demonstrates Bruce Lee's famed once inch punch.....on a camel.

Chewbacca Jones

Camel: "Fez Season!"
Sallah: "Camel Season!"

or...

Having left their costumes at home, the re-enactment of the famous "Amok Time" battle failed to impress their fellow convention-goers.

Indy's brother

Sorry I'm late getting back to this!

(Drum roll please)

*opens envelope*

The award for "Best Caption for an Indy-Related Picture" goes to Indy Scout 117 for "Crouching Zombie, Talking Camel"!!!

2nd place goes to Doc Whiskey for "The Third Screamer"

3rd goes to Attila the Proffesor for "The Camel of Penzance"

Let's hear it for all our contestants, folks!

Seriously, this was a pretty tough call...

Indy Scout 117

Indy's brother said:
(Drum roll please)

*opens envelope*

The award for "Best Caption for an Indy-Related Picture" goes to Indy Scout 117 for "Crouching Zombie, Talking Camel"!!!

2nd place goes to Doc Whiskey for "The Third Screamer"

3rd goes to Attila the Proffesor for "The Camel of Penzance"

Let's hear it for all our contestants, folks!

Seriously, this was a pretty tough call...
WOW!!! i didnt see that one coming...(y) i just wanna thank everyone in my troop who gave me the deranged sense of humor to come up with something like this. :p its all part of being a boy scout i guess ;) but i liked Lonesome Drifter's and Goodeknight's. great job to all contestants though!! (y)

Indy's brother

oh-my-god-a-talking-camel is a spin on one of my favorite punch-lines, but you really won me over with the zombie reference! Kudos! Now put up a pic! (I got mine in the deleted scenes section for LC here at theraider.net, check the movie stills, too!) ;) :hat: