How would you handle?....

Orellana

Swordsmen in Cairo? This has been a question that I've been debating with myself and could use some outside help, so here's the question, How would YOU, placed in Indy's shoes handle the situation he finds himself in in Cairo (RotLA)?
So go ahead, and be creative!

My version, shoot until you have one bullet left, (For the sword master) then practice long distance sprinting. :gun:

Dr.Jonesy

Would've just laughed at him and walked away. What's he gonna do? Chase me? After that little macho sword twirling, it'd be silly to watch him have to chase his opponent after having been laughed off.

Or I would've taken the Indy approach.

Orellana

Nice strategy Dr. Jonesy, that'll show 'em that you aren't afraid! then you could whip them! they might consider a new line of work!:hat:

The Drifter

Honestly?
I would crap my pants, and run the Hell away, and hide in a damn basket just like Marion. I don't wanna kill anyone, and I sure as Hell don't want anyone killing me.
So good ol' Drifter would leave a brown streak down the streets of Cairo.

Dr.Jonesy

The Drifter said:
Honestly?
I would crap my pants, and run the Hell away, and hide in a damn basket just like Marion. I don't wanna kill anyone, and I sure as Hell don't want anyone killing me.
So good ol' Drifter would leave a brown streak down the streets of Cairo.

I think after the local food, you would've left a brown streak whether you were scared of a swordsman or not.

:hat:

Orellana

I think after the local food, you would've left a brown streak whether you were scared of a swordsman or not.[/FONT][/B]
:hat:[/QUOTE]

So true!:sick:

Marshall2288

I probably would have had my gun out way earlier and the body count would have been steadily rising so...I would'a shot him as well.

Stoo

Dr.Jonesy said:
I think after the local food, you would've left a brown streak whether you were scared of a swordsman or not.
Orellana said:
So true, that chow is probably gross!:sick:
While I can't speak for Cairo in 1936, when I was there a couple of years ago, the food was fine (especially some of the best chicken I've ever had). Don't knock it until you've tried it!:whip:
Orellana said:
So go ahead, and be creative!
I would point to Dr. Jonesy & Orellana in the crowd and tell the swordsman that these 2 guys should be castrated immediately because they are insulting the local food without even tasting the stuff. While he is occupied with both of the 'infidels', I could leave to go about my business.:p

Orellana

Oh, ok Stoo perhaps, we made inaccurate assumptions of foreign food. Now I want to try Egyptian chicken!:D Sorry!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Orellana said:
Oh, ok Stoo perhaps, we made inaccurate assumptions of foreign food. Now I want to try Egyptian chicken!:D Sorry!

Well, you're an Indiana Jones fan. If there's ever been a film to perpetuate ridiculous stereotypes about foreign food, it's Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

Goodeknight

Ahhh, Egyptian chicken!

I have a trip to Cairo coming up next month and can't wait to get back. (Lived there for two years.) Chicken is on my menu, as are schwarma and kushri from a semi-clean-looking roadside cart.

As for the swordsman, Indy made a good call. You wouldn't want to get within arm's/sword's reach of him. Keep your distance and aim straight. Or run like hell. Only two options that I see.

Johnb02

If i was in the situation with Indy and Marion, I would have been more concerned on Marion. I would have maybe carried the basket and be like, "It's just me, a regular Cairo person carrying a basket!" I would have threw the monkey at the wall. Then i would have got her out and we go find Indy shooting the swordsman. If i was alone, I would have surrended because I can't take all of them on alone!

Orellana

Johnb02 said:
If i was in the situation with Indy and Marion, I would have been more concerned on Marion. I would have maybe carried the basket and be like, "It's just me, a regular Cairo person carrying a basket!" I would have threw the monkey at the wall. Then i would have got her out and we go find Indy shooting the swordsman. If i was alone, I would have surrended because I can't take all of them on alone!

Poor monkey! oh well, he kinda deserves it. tricky thing!:D