What Indy book do you think would make a good movie?

Raiders90

Violet Indy said:
Agreed, also the SoK novel that got cancelled, would be really nice too! As well as the Emperor's Tomb.

As for the comics you've mentioned, I've read them however they weren't as good as they sound. Iron Phoenix is best to me out of the three, with the post WW2 storyline and Nazi zombies. Golden Fleece was pretty thin and Spear of Destiny, though I love Henry Snr's appearance and the fact that it takes place right after LC, was also a bit of a disappointment. Those stories would fit say an Indiana Jones serial tv series or an animation series episode.

FoA definitely should be novelised, though I admit the comic adaption is pretty damn good and would be a good starting point for any fan that would consider making their own fan novelisation.

Out of the comics, since we didn't get it in comic form, I would love Lost Horizon as a novel (and if the storyline was decent, definitely a Young Indy movie)!!!

Yeah the Lost Horizon storyline and mid-late 1926 (the Indy-Marion affair) is like ''Holy Grail'' for many an Indiana Jones fan--and in many ways is a direct prequel to RotLA. Though perhaps it's better left untold in detail--with all the expectations built up over the storyline it might let people down, and with the details of their affair remaining a mystery it's something that will keep Indy fans wondering for all time.
I mean if every piece of story is told, every aspect of Jones' background is covered, it takes away the mystery of the character.

Part of the beauty of the Indy-Marion affair is the speculation--what happened exactly? It'd be more of a romance novel than an Indy novel, as there really wouldn't be a MagGuffin, maybe the headpiece but nothing huge, and might let down casual Indy fans in that regard. And in terms of Indy's life/adventures, it really isn't that big of a moment.

I think there are more important stories--for example Peril at Delphi, where he if I remember correctly finally takes up the whip as his tool of choice as well as first dons the Indy gear--is far more important because Peril is where Indy finally begins to transform from Henry Jones, Jr., to Indiana Jones.

Yure

Ditto on that, FoA could have been a GREAT movie, both visually and on the plot level.

Mr Mississippi

Dinosaur Eggs

Would make a really great movie. I liked the Lao Che and Wu Han appearances. The entire book had the "feel" of a great Indiana Jones movie.

Montana Smith

I don't think the gopher family in KOTCS were very well developed characters, so I think Disney should look to this series of books for inspiration for the next Indy film:

chip-n-dale-rescue-rangers-2.jpg

JohnRPleak

Indiana Jones and the Interior World

I have always enjoyed Rob MacGregor's Indy books and there is one in particular that I think would make a great Indy film. "Indiana Jones and the Interior World" is the one. Easter Island with the mysterious Moai statues is an awesome location for an Indy adventure. There is also a ghost ship and a hidden interior world that plays with the idea of a hollow earth that was popular in the early late 19th and early 20th centuries. Of course, Max McCoy played with the idea of a hollow earth as well in his novel "Indiana Jones and the Hollow Earth" :whip:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ai_Rano_raraku.jpg/450px-Moai_Rano_raraku.jpg

whipwarrior

Interior World has always been one of my favorite Rob MacGregor Indy novels, and Hollow Earth is the best of the Max McCoy cycle. Both stories would yield a great Indiana Jones film if Harrison was the right age. My third vote goes to Genesis Deluge, not only for an excellent story, but for the chance to see Noah's Ark slaloming down the valleys of Mount Ararat, rendered in ILM digital glory. That's worth the price of the movie ticket alone! (y)

Indyfan82

I have enjoyed most all of the Indiana Jones novels and comic books I've read and the video games and there are a lot of good choices.
I think my all time favorite and top vote would be for "Indiana Jones and the Genesis Deluge" by Rob MacGregor. I particularly liked the storyline and I think I could see it work well as a movie- and since Indy's already gone after one Ark in The Bible, it'd be cool to see him go after the other Ark in The Bible too.:) :cool:
I also agree with the ones who voted for "Indiana Jones and the Interior World" and "Indiana Jones and the Hollow Earth"- I enjoyed those books too. And "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis" would be excellent as well- that book cover posted here looks great!:) :cool:
Basically, I'd take most any of them. (And I'm probably one of the few that enjoyed even Martin Caidin's books. And there are a few enjoyable elements in Steve Perry's book as well- but if I had to pick one I'd least prefer to see as a movie- that would definitely be it.)