Favourite comic book adaption

agentsands77

The top two cinematic achievements in the genre are OLDBOY, THE DARK KNIGHT and WATCHMEN. Everything else really pales in comparison.

Nurhachi1991

1. V for Vendetta

2. the Punisher (2004)

3. Watchmen

4. Captain America (2011) I have not even seen it yet but I know it will be one of my favorites because Captain America is my favorite superhero.

A2Steve

caats said:
you should read it too. good stuff.

I did read NEW FRONTIER! Brought the entire collection back to Korea, along with the added issue that coincided with the movie release. Really excellent...

A2Steve

the forgotten one in all the superhro movie talk is almost the prototype to the current genre- DARKMAN, by Sam Raimi, in the early 90s. Starring, oddly enough, Ra's al Ghul, Liam Neeson, as the hero!

you see so many scenes that have some sort of correlation to shots in the Spider-man films, its amazing. The irony of it all is that Raimi reportedly campaigned to take over the Batman franchise back in the early 90s, but was told basically told he wasnt a big enough name.

So he goes and becomes part of the next big wave, with Spidey, and then Bats trumps him again with DK!

Maybe I'm a comics geek, but I swear there's a scene in Spider-man where a spider is pulling up a web-covered Bat into its web.

And then Nolan has a seen in BB where an inmate is in Arkham, who HAS to be The Penguin. I thought it was a foreshadowing of the next villain, but the Joker worked too, in DK.

caats

Nurhachi1991 said:
4. Captain America (2011) I have not even seen it yet but I know it will be one of my favorites because Captain America is my favorite superhero.

just remembered,
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cs8rFsmhNTc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cs8rFsmhNTc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Oxley17

1. The Dark Knight
2. Watchmen
3. Spider-Man 2
4. Batman Begins
5. Hellboy II The Golden Army
6. X2
7. Batman
8. Spider-Man
9. Iron Man
10. Batman Mask of the Phantasm

That's really all I like. :|

Cropsy

Suprisingly no one has mentioned Akira, Ghost in The Shell, Heavy Metal and Flash Gordon or even Riki-OH.

Fritz the Cat

280px-Fritz_description.jpg

Cropsy said:
Suprisingly no one has mentioned Akira, Ghost in The Shell, Heavy Metal and Flash Gordon or even Riki-OH.
In almost a year no less!

avidfilmbuff

I am really really looking forward to Tintin, it's the only comic I enjoy. I've read all the stories except for Land of the Soviets, Tintin in the Congo, and the Alph Art. Hergé was an absolute genius, and this was not only apparent in his magnificent art work, but in his stories.

It's very lonely, being an American Tintin fan, nobody knows who the hell he is around here. But the film shall change that a little.

I believe Spielberg is the ideal director to take on this project. I have a lot of faith in this upcoming film.

Peru1936

In no particular order (other than Superman: The Movie, which is unquestionably my favourite)

Superman: The Movie
Superman II (the Donner cut is basically fan service, though I do enjoy it)
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Ghost World
Batman: Gotham Knight
V for Vendetta
Superman: Doomsday
The Crow
From Hell
Hellboy
The Mask
Tales from the Crypt
Weird Science

If we can include shorts, the Fleischer studios animated Superman (the first eight episodes in particular, before the studio was bought out and the shorts were used to display WW2 US propaganda).

TheMutt92

In no particular order (I have only seen Watchmen once, and I often find myself in the middle of the BB/TDK debate, so...):

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Iron Man
Watchmen
Spiderman
Spiderman 2

indyclone25

okay after a new slew of superhero movies have been out in recent years , i believe the origin scene in captain america was pretty close to the comic version in feel and essence. and the green latern wasn't that bad either , they took a little from the original hal jordan then spiced it up with the new verion with the corps.
just waiting to see how the avengers works out!(y)