Re-Release of scores?

Indy's Fist

I'm a huge fan of the Indy movies and I'm looking forward to Indy IV. I am also a bit disapointed by the overal lack of Indy related products. I was just wondering does anyone have any idea if the Indy scores will get a re-release treatment similar to the classic Star Wars fims?

I have "Raiders" the DDC expanded release from 1995. I also have "Last Crusade" on CD. I do not have "Doom" because it's been so hard or expensive to find. I do have "Doom" on LP, but I'd love to get it on CD.

I remember as a kid listening to these scores and just totaly going to another time and place. I would also play the music while reading the "Find Your Fate" adventure books.

Anyway, I would thank anyone ahead of time for their response!:hat:

Major West

If there's going to be any re-release I imagine it will be to cash in on the new flicks release, nearer the time.

No Ticket

I don't have any of it on CD... just downloaded mp3s. I'd like to buy a nice boxed set with all three movie scores in it (like a Star Wars trilogy set I have). Maybe with something unreleased if there is any. With custom artwork for each CD. Am I asking too much?

Indy's Fist

No Ticket said:
I don't have any of it on CD... just downloaded mp3s. I'd like to buy a nice boxed set with all three movie scores in it (like a Star Wars trilogy set I have). Maybe with something unreleased if there is any. With custom artwork for each CD. Am I asking too much?

No, not at all. We Indy fans have been way too patient in awaitng these scores from our favorite films. I think a special super, duper deluxe edition is asking too little!:)

Indy's Fist

the_three_bears said:
It will come.
Do you think they won't cash in on this?
:rolleyes:

Well, thanks for the note of sarcasim there little bear:D I'm just wondering because we Indy fans have been shafted in the products erea for years. How many editions of the classic Star Wars scores are out there? Plenty. Not many for Indy Jones. Hell, I was lucky to stumble onto an old LP of "Doom" about a year ago.

Michael24

I'm hoping for something to happen with the scores. I finally got TEMPLE OF DOOM on CD when I found a used copy of the Japanese import at a Wherehouse a few years ago for $15.

I can't imagine RAIDERS could be expanded much since the 1995 version is great, but TEMPLE OF DOOM could definitely use an expansion. THE LAST CRUSADE's not bad, but I'd go for an expanded version of it as well. Always wanted the "Portuguese Coast" music and the full-length "Belly of the Steel Beast" sequence.

I also still have my dad's copy of RAIDERS on LP (still sounds great) and I picked up the Japanese TEMPLE OF DOOM LP last year for $8, and it's in great condition. Still looking for the LAST CRUSADE LP to complete my vinyl Indy collection.

Indy's Fist

Hi Michael24! I haven't found "Crusade" on LP yet either. Is it possible it never was? In 1989 LP were on the outs. I have the CD and had the cassette. You know the biggest mistake of my life was selling my "Doom" cassette. I sold all my cassettes when I upgraded to CD. I figured all the Indy scores would be on CD, boy was I wrong! I'm just happy I found the LP about a year ago! I used to spend hours on end just listening to my Indy scores on my walkman player. Ahhh, aren't memories precious?:cool:

Michael24

THE LAST CRUSADE was released on LP, but the pressing might have been small since, like you said, LPs were on their way out by 1989. But the credits do say "Soundtrack available on Records, Cassette and Compact Disc." The local used record shops say they can order stuff they don't have, so I'll have to ask them about it next time I'm in.

I still have my TEMPLE OF DOOM cassette, though it's well worn and the case is long gone. I also have a cassette of RAIDERS that my dad recorded from his LP back in the early-80s so that it would be easier for me to listen to.

With the 1995 expanded RAIDERS out-of-print, TEMPLE OF DOOM only available as a (sometimes expensive) Japanese import, and THE LAST CRUSADE apparently going the way of the dodo, you'd think some kind film score-friendly label would come to the rescue.

sarah navarro

No Ticket said:
Same here to everything you said,I tried ebay but its so expensive.

JimmyPSHayes

I've been looking for the Temple of Doom soundtrack for years-and, judging by the other posts, so have a lot of other people. I have the 95 Raiders soundtrack CD and the Last Crusade soundtrack CD, and I even have the LC "story" on CD-spoken by John Rhys-Davies with dialogue from the movie cut in. I love listening to all of them, but I really hope that they release a new box set of all 3 movie scores. I'm sure they will, they're going to want to cash in on the hype-and that's fine with me!

Indy's Fist

Michael24 said:
Something like the Special Edition Star Wars trilogy 2-disc soundtracks from 1997 would be ideal. :D

Yes! That's what I'd like to see! I mean this is John Williams music! He's the greatest classic music composer of our generation, his music deserves a special treatment!

Michael24

I'm certainly keeping an eye out for any score-related news. As soon as (and if) I hear anything, I'll post the info there. :)

Indy's Fist

Michael24 said:
I'm certainly keeping an eye out for any score-related news. As soon as (and if) I hear anything, I'll post the info there. :)

Thank you! I'm mostly wanting a re-release like SW has had about 20 times. I'd love to have two disk sets for each movie. I'm not asking for much,huh?:)

ReggieSnake

As a HUGE fan of the music genius, John Williams, and Indy fan, I absolutley agree that the Indiana Jones trilogy scores deserve a long needed re-release and expansion.

JWfan.com is a great John Williams fan/news site, and I recently noticed someone started a signiture drive to get the full scores released similar to the Star Wars scores. You might want to check it out, I don't know if this would be enough to get the ball rolling (no pun intended;) ) but it's a start. Here's hoping!

Link to the article
Link to Petition 1, Petition 2, Petition 3

Indy's Fist

ReggieSnake said:
As a HUGE fan of the music genius, John Williams, and Indy fan, I absolutley agree that the Indiana Jones trilogy scores deserve a long needed re-release and expansion.

JWfan.com is a great John Williams fan/news site, and I recently noticed someone started a signiture drive to get the full scores released similar to the Star Wars scores. You might want to check it out, I don't know if this would be enough to get the ball rolling (no pun intended;) ) but it's a start. Here's hoping!

Link to the article
Link to Petition 1, Petition 2, Petition 3
I signed it! I hope this will create enough of a stir to help prompt a re-release! I also think with Indy IV on it's way this will be cause to re-release them too.