Young Reader Books

Junior Jones

Has anyone read the Young Indiana Jones books? It's a series of 15 books that they started publishing right after Last Crusade. They were written for kids, but I still like them.

Joe Brody

No -- but I've got a nearly full set of the old Hardy Boys from the '30's/40's. Do they compare?

Shipwreck

Moderator Emeritus
Yes, I have...

I am trying to gather data for info on these books too. Trying to get in touch with their writers is tough. I hope to provide more about them in my feature article this coming July.

I

Indy_Jones88

I have read most of them. They are pretty good. Some are very good while others just flat stink.

chipuk

Joe Brody said:
No -- but I've got a nearly full set of the old Hardy Boys from the '30's/40's. Do they compare?

I remember reading them when I was younger, (long time ago)
however its 'adventure' with a different capital A.

I havent read any young indy but I enjoyed watching the series
so maybe I should give it a go. ( if there not written for a to younger generation.

Canyon

I actually bought some of these after Last Crusade came out and the ones I own are:

Plantation Treasure
Tomb of Terror
Circle of Death
Secret City
Princess of Peril
Ghostly Riders

I didn't realise that there were as many as 15 though, and to this day, would still like to get hold of the rest of them. ;)

Chicago Jones

Young Indiana Jones books??

When I was around ten I saw Indiana Jones trilogy for the first time...I died and was resurrected as Indy himself...in my mind...but anywho after the trilogy was over I wanted MOOORREEEE. So my dad bought the entire collection of the young indy books!

They are amazing and really entertaining. has anybody else read them?? which is your favorite?

My favorite is Tomb Of Terror when Indiana Jones first meets Sallah!!

Junior Jones

Yeah, I've got all fifteen. There's a very old topic about it here, but nobody's posted there in a while.

I really like them. The first eight were based solely on the River Phoenix character in Last Crusade (because they were published before the Chronicles aired) but two of them actually feature Miss Seymour (although in Titanic Adventure her portrayal is way out-of-character).