Atlantis

INDYfatigable

I have been doing some research on the lost continent(thanks to the wonderful game FoA which sparked my interest in it. For years I considered it to be a mere myth, while after doing research on it, it dosen't seem so fanciful any more. Has anyone here done any serious work on Atlantis? if so can you bless me with your findings?

TommyJohnson

Yep, you have to find it. It's somewhere in the Barnett College.

It depends, it apparently change its location misteriously everytime you restart the game. :D

macwizard

According to atlan.org, the continent sunk in the South China Sea. The Illuminati cult supposedly knows where it is hidden and a map is written on the back of a dollar bill.

Pale Horse

Staff member
macwizard said:
According to atlan.org, the continent sunk in the South China Sea. The Illuminati cult supposedly knows where it is hidden and a map is written on the back of a dollar bill.

That was the movie, National Treasure. :p

Besides, The Illuminati is not interedted in that sort of knowledge, I assure you.

Indy Parise

I have done some research. Years ago the Book 20,000 leagues under the sea ,sparked my interest. I didn't find much but keep up the search.

Heliograph

I was involved in a search for Atlantis off Bimini about 25 years ago. We examined "the Bimini Road," and found a hole in one of the "paving stones" that looked like a keyhole, but that was it.

If it exists I guess it was far closer to Europe and in very deep water.

Paden

I'm not well read on the subject, but I've always thought one of the more credible theories regarding Atlantis was that Plato's references to the lost civilization are actually references to the volcanic destruction of the island Thera, and the collapse of the Minoan civilization. It's always seemed the best factual explanation to me, unless you think that Plato was simply creating fiction. There's a good discussion of the fate of Thera, and later excavations on the island here.

Pale Horse

Staff member
For the Illuminati, Plato's Atlantis tale has no proven value other than entertainment.

Critias: "There is a story which even you have preserved, that once upon a time Phaethon, the son of Helios, having yoked the steeds in his father's chariot, because he was not able to drive them in the path of his father, burnt up all that was upon the earth, and was himself destroyed by a thunder-bolt. Now , this has the form of a myth, but really signifies a declination of the bodies moving around the earth and in the heavens [sited by celestial latitude], and a great conflagration of things upon the earth recurring at long intervals of time: ..."

The Greek myth of Phaethon encapsulates many tales of catastrophic change. Phaethon ("shining") was the son of Helios who borrowed his father's sun chariot for a day. Galloping too high, he knocked the stars out of place; riding too near the Earth's surface, he burned the desert in Sudan and dried up the Nile. The Earth began to burn and cried out to Zeus for aid. Zeus struck Phaethon with a thunderbolt, sending him streaming fire into the Eridanus [constellation] River. Phaethon's sisters wept so hard that they were turned into trees, their tears becoming amber.

Eridanus winds southeast, dramatically emptying into Achernar ("River's End"). Achernar is the 9th brightest star in the sky; by far more brilliant than anything anywhere near the celestial south pole. It's supergiant counterpart is at the other end of the Eridanus River; Rigel who mirrors the sunrise Sphinx and Heaven's Gate at Orion's foot.

In the Atlantis myth, Eridanus is the Nile and a 31.7 degree cataclysmic Earth tilt (approx. 1 degree less than Achernar's span to the south pole). Also called the River of Ocean, Homer said the Eridanus encircled a flat Earth. Eridanus also has latitude and longitude span that's 1 degree less the Earth's former 55 tilt. Achernar is Atlantis and the south geographic pole. Plato said Atlantis lay in the true ocean - meaning the cosmic ocean of time. The passage of time is generated from the Earth's rotation. Right at the geographic poles there is no rotation so time symbolically stands still. Phaethon's sun chariot is Sirius, easily the brightest evening star throughout recorded history (believed to have changed from red to white).

Sirius was at a south latitude of 55 degrees 4 minutes, representing the Earth's tilt before being rolled by a cosmic missle. From an altitude 55 north of the south pole and 0 longitude, Sirius would have risen due south the day Atlantis sank (SkyTools CD ROM). Sirius' heliacal risings (near sunrise) are just 12 minutes longer than a solar year apart. The Phoenicians, the last to bear the Atlantean legacy, knew Sirius as the Chief One, a title for the Sun.(1) Sirius was often a bench mark for ancient advanced cultures. It mimiced the Giza spring equinox sunrise at the Egyptian creation.

The Egyptian historian Manetho that his land's records went back to 11542 BC. An Egyptian calendar began that year based on a Sirian 1461 year period.(2) The next calendar began 10081. Studies have shown that at 10178 the celestial pole was tilted at an angle 30 degrees from it's present tilt. "This in turn strongly suggests that the terrestrial axis was then oriented differently from today."(3)

Plato's circa 9600 BC Pillars of Heracles ('stone magnets') suggests the axes of the South magnetic pole (compass orientation) and the South geomagnetic pole (Earth's magnetic field axis). A myriad of palaeomagnetic anomalies and radiocarbon dated catastrophes average out to 9500 BC when the Nile's bed downcutted and shifted dramatically.(4,5) In 9550 sea levels were much lower than now.(6)

Poseidon (as in the planet Neptune) was King of Atlantis. But the star Regulus ("kinglet") was the king maker. Regulus is the brightest star along the Sun chariot's starry course and is the heart star of Leo. Phaethon traveled east (backwards in time) to his father's House of the Sun, Leo. In astrology the constellation lion is a Sun and fire sign. To the Sumerians Leo measured the depth of flood waters as it vividly did with Mars centered on the spring equinox of 21460 BC (Noah's Flood). Atlantis' submergence came with Neptune's very close encounter with Regulus in 9605 BC. In an exceedingly rare exhibition, Neptune was 'exactly' aligned with Regulus twice in 9606 and was extremely close to Regulus for a 46 day period in 9607.

Atlantis sank beneath the waves in a single day and night 6 days after the spring equinox which is the beginning of the celestial year. 6 is the crystallization symmetry number of water and the creation day of humanity. For of every destruction there is a genesis. This 27th day of the month event would be echoed in 2003 AD as it was in Noah's voyage through time:

Genesis 8:13 And it came to pass in the six hundredth and first year, in the first month, the first day of the month, the waters were dried up from off the Earth: and Noah removed the covering of the ark, and looked, and behold, the face of the ground was dry. 8:14 And in the second month, on the seven and twentieth day of the month [27th], was the earth dried.

At Mars' closest Aquarian approach to Earth on August 27, 2003, Jupiter (Zeus) overshadowed Regulus and Atlantis began to rise again. All 9 gods (planets, Greek 'wandering stars' ) were at 1.0 phase. It was Zeus who had convened the gods in the matter of Atlantis' punishment. Zeus' name is derived from 'day', 'clear sky'.(7) Also at that closest approach, the Sun and Venus morning stars were paired beneath Leo. At the Creation the morning stars sang together (biblical book of Revelation).

Plato asserted that time was born in the motions of the heavenly bodies...

5500 seconds = axis arcing of Earth since the March 27, 9605 BC Atlantis sinking 55 degrees = Bethlehem ("House of Mars") 31.7 N + 23.3 Earth tilt mean (23.28 = Achernar's celestial longitude in 23,300 BC, the time the Eternity Pyramids were built in Upper Egypt; also found via an Eridanus map) 54.99 degrees = (55 x cos 55 = 31.55) + present Earth tilt.

Bethlehem to Atlantis + 31.7 reverse tilt / 100; takes 11,626 years of Earth's arcing on it's axis from 9,624 BC to 2003 AD (475 arcseconds / century, Sky & Telescope)

"O Lovers, O Lovers, it is time to abandon the world; The drum of departure reaches my spiritual ear from heaven. Behold, the driver has risen and made ready the file of camels, And begged us to acquit him of blame: why, O travelers are you asleep ? These sounds before and behind are the din of departure and of the camel bells; With each moment a soul and a spirit is setting off into the Void.

From these stars like inverted candles, from these blue awnings of the sky There has come forth a wondrous people that the mysteries may be revealed.

...O soul, seek the Beloved, O friend seek the Friend, O watchman, be wakeful: it behooves not a watchman to sleep. On every side is clamour and tumult, in every street are torches and candles, For tonight the teeming world gives birth to the world everlasting. Thou wert dust and art a spirit, thou wert ignorant and art wise."

From: Shamsi Tabriz, by the Sufi mystic Jalal'ud-Dinn Rumi (1207-73) (Translated by R A Nicholson)

I doubt greatly that astonomical observations and geospacial positions have anything to do with the Illuminati agenda, except maybe to sheep the masses into a fals hope of utopian ideals that can be manipulated to produce a social control...

Last edited:
"please post serious answers!!!"

O.k... outside of fanciful fiction, there IS no "Atlantis"

The "Bimini Road" was proven to be a natural phenomenon a long time ago... and Edgar Cayce was a deluded crank...

Last edited:

TombReader

'The "Bimini Road" was proven to be a natural phenomenon a long time ago... and Edgar Cayce was a deluded crank...'

Exactly.Welcome to the Raven! :)

Heliograph

This is a joke, right?

ClintonHammond said:
"please post serious answers!!!"

O.k... outside of fanciful fiction, there IS no "Atlantis"

The "Bimini Road" was proven to be a natural phenomenon a long time ago... and Edgar Cayce was a deluded crank...

Let me see, you are posting at a website dedicated to escapist fiction movies which featured searches for at least three fanciful objects and you are dictating that we should only post "serious answers!" Did Giles put you up to this? What is this the Scientific American website? Are we doing doctoral dissertations?

Anyway, how do you prove a negative? It is easier to prove there was an Atlantis than there wasn't an Atlantis.

You simply can't be sure.

"Did Giles put you up to this?"

??? The farmer from Ham ??? What does he have to do with this?

"You simply can't be sure."
o.k... to be totally pedantic... given ALL the debunking of any so called 'evidence' to support the existence of "Atlantis", and in the absence of and until anyone finds any new evidence that survives close scrutiny, I am fairly certain that there is no "Atlantis" out there waiting to be found...

Go ahead... start supporting the 10500BCE theory too.... that way I can totally dismiss anything you have to say...

Jay R. Zay

i have to agree. the whole idea of atlantis started with a misunderstanding and a single tale.

just because i read "lord of the rings" and saw somebody who looked like gandalf some time ago that doesn't make me believe somewhere out there is "middle earth".

atlantis is a nice myth and time developed something most interesting about it. but that doesn't make it less a myth.