New KotCS picture

barranca

If this is Atlantean or Akakorian, does anyone truly think that it'll be handled skillfully enough.
I just hope I'm not in the middle of a Cinema when a huge groan goes round, Being a big fan, I kinda take these things a little, (teeny weeny bit ) personally. You 'root for your team' and when they loose its a let down and an embarrasment.
Speilberg seems to be able to engage with his subject matter without detroying the 'mystery', keeping a respectful distance, just enough to not sever that suspension of disbelief needed to make something work.
Spielberg proved in Raiders, but most noteably in Close Encounters he can do this better than anyone.
Lucas seems to want to shove the camera up its bumhole !
But seriously, to give the man some credit, I suppose thats his Documentary filmaker side coming out.

Indy1986

looking at the picture again i have to agree....there is way to much "sterotype-disneyland-ride-adventure stuff" in it....not even talking about the artefacts all mixed together.....but to be honest to you guys that is exactly what i want to see....i want the movie to be a BOLD tipical Indiana Jones piece....lets be honest all Indiana Jones movies were over-stereotyped ,exaggerated and not always accurate...but hey that is what Indiana Jones is all about isn't it. I think we all (including me) take all those deatils about the movie way to serious. Thats just because all we have right now to satisfy ourselves till May are pictures. So we take every detail under the microscope. Once we watch the movie we will be so captured that nobody will even notice those "little things"

tocksic

Indy1986 said:
looking at the picture again i have to agree....there is way to much "sterotype-disneyland-ride-adventure stuff" in it....

Remember the whole underground tempel in ToD with the lava-pit? That was REALLY "sterotype-disneyland-ride-adventure stuff" - but it worked! ;)

1ord3vil

Dr. HenryJones.jr said:
spider? I don't I can't wait for more picture, a trailer come maybe on March or April...
No worries, the first trailer release will be with the DVD, in the "never released" section on the bonus disc. :)

sandiegojones

barranca said:
If this is Atlantean or Akakorian, does anyone truly think that it'll be handled skillfully enough.
I just hope I'm not in the middle of a Cinema when a huge groan goes round, Being a big fan, I kinda take these things a little, (teeny weeny bit ) personally. You 'root for your team' and when they loose its a let down and an embarrasment.
Speilberg seems to be able to engage with his subject matter without detroying the 'mystery', keeping a respectful distance, just enough to not sever that suspension of disbelief needed to make something work.
Spielberg proved in Raiders, but most noteably in Close Encounters he can do this better than anyone.
Lucas seems to want to shove the camera up its bumhole !
But seriously, to give the man some credit, I suppose thats his Documentary filmaker side coming out.

My God man, quite whining like a girl! This is a fantasy adventure film, not history and not fact. All of these films are based on myth and legend (yes even the biblical stuff). You are judging based on ONE photo. I'm sure when you see the film the story and characters are what you'll be paying attention to, not some golden pot in a production photo! Quit trying to justify your fears. You are setting yourself up for dissapointment!

LUCAS IS RIGHT!!!! Already writing the reviews before the movie is finished.

SterankoII

To people complaining about the mix of styles in the artifacts in the pic. What about Voodoo used by an Indian cult in TOD?!

1ord3vil

sandiegojones said:
LUCAS IS RIGHT!!!!
Since Lucas himself was whining and griping so much about this in the recent Vanity Fair articles, I don't really want to admit that he has a point when he complains about this issue. Still, he does have a point. :gun:

1ord3vil

SterankoII said:
To people complaining about the mix of styles in the artifacts in the pic. What about Voodoo used by an Indian cult in TOD?!
As far as I'm concerned, Temple degenerated into an unwatchable mess after the opening sequence. Let me put it this way: Let's hope they don't go anywhere near the corny concepts they used for that movie. ;)

commontone

barranca said:
You 'root for your team' and when they loose its a let down and an embarrasment.

I'd just like to point out (I've noticed there are several here who can benefit from this knowledge) it's "lose," not "loose."

TheLastCrusader

1ord3vil said:
As far as I'm concerned, Temple degenerated into an unwatchable mess after the opening sequence.
(n) Many movielovers -not even particularly indyfans- will agree that Temple is a great adventure movie.

snake_surprise

The "Which Indy film is the best" discussion should be in another thread.

It would be a shame to see a good thread like this get shut down.

effin

the picture fits very well with the art direction of the other films, especially when it's shown on film in the movie:whip: :gun: :hat: (y) :D :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: