Connery to launch memoirs at festival

indytim

Sir Sean Connery is to launch his autobiography on August 25.

The actor will unveil Being A Scot on the last day of the two-week Edinburgh International Book Festival, which is also his 78th birthday.

Director Catherine Lockerbie said the festival will feature several other James Bond-themed events to mark the 100th anniversary of creator Ian Fleming's birth.

Talking about Connery's memoirs, she said: "In this special year it was obviously essential to bring Sir Sean back to the city of his birth, on the day of his birthday, for a world exclusive launch of his first book.

"This is a truly long-awaited and eagerly-anticipated event. This book has gone through more permutations than James Bond has had martinis."

Connery, whose film career spanned more than 50 years, is expected to reveal his views on many aspects of Scottish life and culture in his memoirs.

Michael24

I usually don't read autobiographies in general unless it's of someone I really like, but I'm looking forward to this one. Unlike some celebrities I've followed over the years, I don't really know a whole lot about Connery's background, basically just his film career. I'm sure it'll be an interesting read. :)

Shark_Blade

I only read autobiographies of people I like so I'm sure gonna dig Sir Connery's book. Hope Harrison will do one in the future, it'll be insightful to read their real life story. :)

peterlally

Shark_Blade said:
I only read autobiographies of people I like so I'm sure gonna dig Sir Connery's book. Hope Harrison will do one in the future, it'll be insightful to read their real life story. :)

Hasn't there already been at least an Official Biography of Ford with his help... think it was called Harrison Ford: Unlikely Hero or something like that