Ancient aliens

michael

I really, really wish that everytime you opened this thread, Norman Greenbaum's guitar riff from "Spirit in the Sky" played.

Stoo

michael said:
I really, really wish that everytime you opened this thread, Norman Greenbaum's guitar riff from "Spirit in the Sky" played.
Heh heh. Nice one, Michael.:) Here's are some close approximations:

E-------------------------|-----------------------
B-------------------------|-----------------------
G-2-2-2-2-2-2-2---2-----2-|-2-2-2-2-2-2-2---2---2-
D-2-2-2-2-2-2-2---2-----2-|-2-2-2-2-2-2-2---2---2-
A-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-5---3h4---|-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-3---5---
E-------------------------|-----------------------

OR:

E----------------------------------------------------------------|
B----------------------------------------------------------------|
G----------------------------------------------------------------|
D-----------------------7---5-5-------------------------5---7-7--|
A-5/-7r-7r-7r-7r-7r-7r--5-0-3-3---5/-7r-7r-7r-7r-7r-7r--3-0-5-5--|
E-3/-5r-5r-5r-5r-5r-5r-0----------3/-5r-5r-5r-5r-5r-5r-0---------|

Gabeed

Rocket Surgeon said:
OH MY GOD! PROOF!

article-0-0D621D06000005DC-643_634x811.jpg

I let you decide who...

HOW DARE YOU LAUGH WHO ARE YOU TO PRESUME TO KNOW THE MOTIVATIONS AND REASONS BEHIND THE ANCIENT ASTRONAUTS MAYBE THE TREE WAS ON A LAY LINE EVER THINK OF THAT

Montana Smith

Gabeed said:
HOW DARE YOU LAUGH WHO ARE YOU TO PRESUME TO KNOW THE MOTIVATIONS AND REASONS BEHIND THE ANCIENT ASTRONAUTS MAYBE THE TREE WAS ON A LAY LINE EVER THINK OF THAT

Somewhere a zebra mussel is quietly sobbing...

The Drifter

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lMu4KJ8Zo5w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stoo

Rocket Surgeon said:
Did you mean "Ley Line?"
Gabeed was using Matt deMille's spelling. (Don't forget, deMille spells words "any way he wants to".)

My posting of the guitar tablature for the main riff in "Spirit in the Sky" was not a gratuitous joke. If one had an open mind, one would see that the numbers actually correspond to latitudes & longitudes on the globe which pinpoint precise locations related to the Ancient Alien theory. The co-ordinates were received on a radio wave by a SETI experiment in 1960 as part of Project Ozma and were eventually adapted into musical notation by Norman Greebaum in 1969.:p

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Gabeed was using Matt deMille's spelling. (Don't forget, deMille spells words "any way he wants to".)

My posting of the guitar tablature for the main riff in "Spirit in the Sky" was not a gratuitous joke. If one had an open mind, one would see that the numbers actually correspond to latitudes & longitudes on the globe which pinpoint precise locations related to the Ancient Alien theory. The co-ordinates were received on a radio wave by a SETI experiment in 1960 as part of Project Ozma and were eventually adapted into musical notation by Norman Greebaum in 1969.:p

When the aliens mis-directed Columbus to America this was the very piece of music the natives were playing on the beach with their nuclear powered bagpipes of peace.

Stoo said:
Gabeed was using Matt deMille's spelling.
Shhh, I was playing along...

Stoo said:
...the numbers actually correspond to latitudes & longitudes on the globe which pinpoint precise locations related to the Ancient Alien theory. The co-ordinates were received on a radio wave by a SETI experiment in 1960 as part of Project Ozma and were eventually adapted into musical notation by Norman Greebaum in 1969.:p
Greenbaum really adapted that? Cool!

Stoo

Montana Smith said:
When the aliens mis-directed Columbus to America this was the very piece of music the natives were playing on the beach with their nuclear powered bagpipes of peace.
Rocket Surgeon said:
Greenbaum really adapted that? Cool!
This is where Spielsberg was inspired for the musical notation in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind". It's a true story. For all you Ancient Alien buffs, check out the lat/longs...:whip:

Notice I misspelled, "Greenbaum", as Greebaum. (Because, "I'll spell it any way I like, thank you very much.") Matt deMille

Gear

Mickiana said:
Did the old lady cut the tree down with the chainsaw he bought her as a christmas present?
Yep. It was brutal. Really metal.

Speaking of music; Lady Gaga is an extraterrestrial. A Discostickinian.

Now, this ties ancient astronauts and aliens to the Indy Cast, as recent evidence reveals.

JRJENNINGS86

Gear said:
Speaking of music; Lady Gaga is an extraterrestrial. A Discostickinian.

no doubt about that. claims say that she has male reproductive parts. perhaps it is not a tiny ***** and is trully an alien body part.... or a third eye:sick:

JayDee

This has already been identified as a fake by two russian students. I read that they made it out of chicken skin O.o Very impressive :D

WilliamBoyd8

Although this doesn't directly involve ancient aliens,
the US Government has shut down SETI (Search for Extraterrestial Intelligence)

Lacking the money to pay its operating expenses, Mountain View's SETI Institute has pulled the plug on the renowned Allen Telescope Array, a field of radio dishes that scan the skies for signals from extraterrestrial civilizations.

In an April 22 letter to donors, SETI Institute CEO Tom Pierson said that last week the array was put into "hibernation," safe but nonfunctioning, because of inadequate government support.

http://www.mercurynews.com/science/ci_17926565

:(

Mickiana

Thank you WilliamBoyd8 for injecting something real into this awful thread, as bad news as it is. Though, it should really have its own thread.

Unlucky Berman

Personally I am glad that they stopped this project. OK, it was in the most part US money they spent for it, but all in all now they could use it for something better.

Don't get me wrong, I am sure there may be somewhere other live in space. But I always doubted that SETI would ever produce something usable. They had the wrong method from the beginning. One thing was OK, they never looked for common radio signals (like those we send via our entertainment and communications systems) because such signals are too weak. Their range is only 10 lightyears until the cosmic noise would drown them. So they looked for some frequencies with much more power. But they also have the same problem, since their strength lowers with a square of the distance they need a lot energy for the immense distances in space. Since our impulses get less than 10 light years something that gets twice that range needs energy four times higher than we now put into "sending" signals out there. But 20 LY isn't much in space and there are no lifeable planets in range. A signal from 1,000 LY means that the Aliens must send with an energy output 10,000 times what we do and that's real a lot. Well and the galaxy is big, just more than 300,000 LYs. So if any sentient civilisation wants to be heard they should use a signal strong enough to cover the whole thing but that needs more energy than several hundred advanced civilisations of our kind would produce. And for what? To wait hundreds or thousands of years until maybe someone hears this call and wait much longer until this someone reaches a level to sent a similar signal which also needs houndreds or maybe thousands of years to get to them. The question then is, is there still someone left to hear the answer or even someone left on their world who knows about the whole project of a "galactic broadcast radioshow". The signal still travels with the speed of light and if the civilisations are far away, well 2000 years ago we barely had electric devices and who knows if 2000 years from now on humans still exist on earth? And 2000 LY is still the neighborhood of Earth and so far not many stars are known there that could support life long enough to evolve that far.

Other things are more likely than radio signals from E.T.. A civilisation advanced enough to spend their energy on such a thing would more likely put their efforts in more direct exploration of space. They could send automatic and maybe self-replicating drones that cover the distances to reach a promising star and then explore the whole system on their own or ships with sentient cores (that at least would answer and analyze promptly what they find) and maybe generation starships to colonize other systems..

Last edited: