What kind of fighter is Indy?

oki9Sedo

He doesn't appear to have any formal fight training, he's just naturally good at it.

I agree though, he's certainly a scrapper. Punch, kick, bite, whatever the situation requires.

Chewbacca Jones

goodeknight said:
Doesn't he grab a firehose during the fight on the Coronado? Maybe it was something else, but in my mind I'm picturing a firehose.

It was a fire hose. I remember it well.

My father would have called Indy a "street fighter." He was, essentially, what some call a Greaser in his youth, and street fighting was basically what Indy does - use what works, not what looks good. Bite, kick, hit 'em with a rock, karate chop if that's what's called for. Or, shoot him if he has a really big knife (or sword)! The main advantage against a martial fighter is unpredictability. On the down side, as Indy can attest to, sometimes a martial fighter is good at adapting. :dead:

Stoo

goodeknight said:
Perhaps I'm the one who's mistaken, Stoo. Doesn't he grab a firehose during the fight on the Coronado? Maybe it was something else, but in my mind I'm picturing a firehose.
Ah, yes. You're right (and Chewie just confirmed it). Nice one, goodeknight. The Coronado scene is one I rarely watch.