The Indy Cast

kongisking

bonoferox said:
Yep. Just because you don't like a movie doesn't make it "bad".

Absolutely right. I can't stand 2001: A Space Odyssey, but that is because it doesn't fit my personal tastes. I still treat it as a classic, revered film, though, because I can see how others might think it was great. At the end of the day, personal taste must be taken into account when critiquing a film. If it's bad, ask yourself: was it bad because it wasn't your thing?

And for the record, I thought Superman Returns was, and still is, a (ahem) superb film.

Oh, wait, this is the "Indy Cast" thread, not the "Philosophy of Film Criticism" thread! Whoops!

Faleel

bonoferox said:
Yep. Just because you don't like a movie doesn't make it "bad".

And just because he says that he didnt think it was good, doesnt mean he was going out of his way to "bash" it.

indycast

IndyCast: Episode 160 is here!

indy_disney_podcast_logo10-150x150.jpg

This episode we discuss whether a young Han Solo movie means a young Indy one is on its way, we have some awesome IndyCast wallpapers to share, Brother D and Disney podcaster Scott discuss the Disney/Indiana Jones acquisition, Mitch addressers the haters out there, Joe and Keith return with the Further Adventures and we have more of your great voice-mails and emails!

Listen to the episode here!

Stoo

indycast said:
Mitch addressers the haters out there....
After listening to Mitch's part of this IndyCast (#160), I still don't know the answer to his questions. Although, one thing is for certain: "Lucas haters" are a plie of twits (because they wouldn't be listening to the IndyCast, otherwise).:p

bonoferox

Faleel said:
And just because he says that he didnt think it was good, doesnt mean he was going out of his way to "bash" it.

But again, saying you don't think a movie is "good" is still a subjective term. When it's on a podcast that is supposed to focus on the music of John Williams and he had to put down a movie where the music wasn't even done by Williams, that's not the proper move and is, in fact, going out of the way to, put it in your word, "bash" it.

Faleel

bonoferox said:
But again, saying you don't think a movie is "good" is still a subjective term. When it's on a podcast that is supposed to focus on the music of John Williams and he had to put down a movie where the music wasn't even done by Williams, that's not the proper move and is, in fact, going out of the way to, put it in your word, "bash" it.

But the original Superman (and Superman IV) were scored by JW, and Superman Returns used Williams' themes.

But thats really beside point, you heard him say that he didn't like it (though he worded as "It wasn't very good" I could give you that.), you liked it, so you got offended, but if it was just some crappy 80's movie......

indycast

IndyCast: Episode 161 is here!

601544_10151484718584489_1092817941_n.jpg

This episode Mitch talks Indy and violence, highlight some great Indy fan films and animation, check out some new Indy merchandise, Joe and Keith return with the Further Adventures and we have more of your great emails!

Listen to the episode here on in iTunes.

indycast

IndyCast: Episode 162 is here!

ic-logo-news-topper.jpg

This episode Harrison gets honoured and stays classy, Mitch talks Temple of Doom collectibles, we highlight some other great Indy podcast audio, Joe and Keith catch up with artist Bret Blevens and have more of your great emails!

Henry W Jones

indycast said:
IndyCast: Episode 162 is here!

ic-logo-news-topper.jpg

This episode Harrison gets honoured and stays classy, Mitch talks Temple of Doom collectibles, we highlight some other great Indy podcast audio, Joe and Keith catch up with artist Bret Blevens and have more of your great emails!

The episode as a whole was interesting but the LJN segment is what I really was interested in and it was a joke. I just bought those figures and was hoping for some insight and info but it turned into some guy pretending to be Indy and it got derailed with no real discussion of the figures. I was hoping for more.

indycast

Henry W Jones said:
The episode as a whole was interesting but the LJN segment is what I really was interested in and it was a joke. I just bought those figures and was hoping for some insight and info but it turned into some guy pretending to be Indy and it got derailed with no real discussion of the figures. I was hoping for more.

Sorry Henry - there will be a LJN segment coming up! Stay tuned for a future episode.

indycast

IndyCast: Episode 163 is here!

derek_lyons_podcast_logo1400X1400-150x150.jpg

This episode we speak with Last Crusade actor Derek Lyons, Mitch has an Indy 5 exclusive, Young Indy's Laird Malamed looks at the similarities between the axing of the Clone Wars and the Young Indy Chronicles, we have part 2 of Marvel's Bret Blevin's interview and more of your great emails in this bumper edition of the show!

Listen to the show here!

lairdo

indycast said:
IndyCast: Episode 163: This episode we speak with Last Crusade actor Derek Lyons...

Ed - the interview with Derek was great. What a cool and happy fellow with a ton of stories. I would definitely read his autobiography. And I loved hearing about his other movies. What a treat. Mitch, he would be great to get to Comiconn!

indycast

lairdo said:
Ed - the interview with Derek was great. What a cool and happy fellow with a ton of stories. I would definitely read his autobiography. And I loved hearing about his other movies. What a treat. Mitch, he would be great to get to Comiconn!

Thanks Laird - Derek was great to talk too - we could've spoken for hours, and that's just on Flash Gordon!

Hopefully Mitch could get him for ComicConn, a real nice bloke.

And thanks again for your segment!

jtmitchell

Thanks Ed for reading my email on the Cast. I have been listening to them in descending order and have really enjoyed everyone. I am sure it's a difficult undertaking to come up with new material for each episode but I have to hand it to you, you do a great job. I am going to take my daughter to see the Indy show at Disney in couple of weeks. If there is any thing new I will let you know.

indycast

IndyCast: Episode 164 is here!

188598_10151334391849489_1406004038_n.jpg

This week we are excited to have the lovely Karen Allen joining us on the show, along with Marvel's Herb Trimpe, a chance to dine with the Fords, a new Indy inspired video game plus more of your great emails!

Listen to the episode here

harvey

indycast said:
IndyCast: Episode 164 is here!

188598_10151334391849489_1406004038_n.jpg

This week we are excited to have the lovely Karen Allen joining us on the show, along with Marvel's Herb Trimpe, a chance to dine with the Fords, a new Indy inspired video game plus more of your great emails!

Listen to the episode here

And who knew she was such a fan of Further Adventures!! ;)
http://i49.tinypic.com/2dkwaa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: