Scorpion King: Battle for Redemption

adventure_al

Ok so they are made on a budget and the second installment went straight to DVD. Well I don't care I thoroughly enjoy them!

Trailer for number 3 just released:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rld-6rRDb-k&feature=youtu.be

NEjhZsdv6nh3mj_1_1.jpg

Le Saboteur

Well, it has a surprisingly decent cast -- and they definitely spent some money on costuming and sets -- but ninjas? Why did it have to have ninjas? This kingdom appears to encompass Persians, ninjas, and barbarian types. Interesting.

Trailer embedded below for your viewing pleasure.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rld-6rRDb-k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WillKill4Food

In some ways, this seems quite like the old dime-a-dozen sword-and-sandal flicks. Then again, it's not like Hollywood ever moved past having a majority white cast playing stereotyped foreigners in contrived action vehicle plot. *Cough* Prince of Persia *cough.*

But why Ron Perlman? Why?

I thoroughly enjoyed the first Mummy film (Indy-esque in some ways, a cheap knock-off in others, but then again it has been quite some time since I saw it). However, its sequels and these spin-offs have given the adventure genre an even worse name. If only Indy IV could have revived these kinds of movies... If only...

adventure_al

WillKill4Food said:
In some ways, this seems quite like the old dime-a-dozen sword-and-sandal flicks. Then again, it's not like Hollywood ever moved past having a majority white cast playing stereotyped foreigners in contrived action vehicle plot. *Cough* Prince of Persia *cough.*

But why Ron Perlman? Why?

I thoroughly enjoyed the first Mummy film (Indy-esque in some ways, a cheap knock-off in others, but then again it has been quite some time since I saw it). However, its sequels and these spin-offs have given the adventure genre an even worse name. If only Indy IV could have revived these kinds of movies... If only...

Ron Perlman is always great value. Hes got a sort of niche but he does it well enough.

Personally I love the Mummy franchise. I can see past its faults and cheesieness. There is worse out there, like the old Allan Quartermain flicks.

Goonie

Montana Smith said:
For a moment there the thought of this film became appealing.

It's no secret that most things can be improved by a touch of Xena.

Also could use a touch of Gabrielle. (y)