Headpiece Stand (Map Room Style)

fenris

Here's something I'm working on... A custom headpiece stand with a map room theme.

These two pics are just concept "sketches" I made in photoshop...

Here's what I've done so far... Still needs the two buildings on the sides.
Headpiece_Stand16.jpg

Still not sure how I'm gonna transfer the artwork on the back wall to the finished sculpt, though...

fenris

Since I wasn't getting anywhere with sculpting the buildings, I decided to just paint the stand to see how it looks...

Headpiece_Stand24.jpg

I just printed out the design on paper (which was too big, by the way... I miscalculated the measurements) and glued it on the wall... Tried to make it conform to all the cracks I had sculpted on the wall, but I forgot where all the cracks were. Dunno why the artwork and the base's color don't match up when photographed... To the naked eye, they seem to have the same hue. Also, the bottom of the base isn't really that dark.

Headpiece_Stand_AllViews.jpg

indyclone25

looking good ,yeah the base looks a little darker at the bootom , but it's not that bad. keep posting once things are totally finished .

fenris

Weird how in pictures, the color is off. Probably the paper "wallpaper" reflects more light. Also, the bottom base is a matte finish which probably why it looks so dark. I gotta take pics of it outside... Maybe it will show the color more accurately.

fenris

Here's what the stand is like as a diorama... Hehehe.

IMG_8474.jpg

IMG_8475.jpg

Didn't really pose the figures properly... Just put them on the stand and took the pics.