LEGO Movies

roundshort

Wow- looks like a bunch of toy movies . . . What is next?

General Electric, taking note of Universals succesful toy movies, and Hasbros succesful game movies, will begin to make a line of household applience movies . . .on deck are, oven, microwave, and mixer . . .

Forbidden Eye

Thanks Michael Bay! :rolleyes:

That said, I would be very interested if the legos were actually made out of legos. It'd be truly unique new form of stop-motion.

Sadly, something tells me it'll be CGI.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Three more Lego movies are due in the next two years, and then the (shudder) animated Hanna-Barbera Cinematic Universe begins at WB. Hopefully there's a strong fence between them.

Pale Horse

Staff member
roundshort said:
Wow- looks like a bunch of toy movies . . . What is next?

General Electric, taking note of Universals succesful toy movies, and Hasbros succesful game movies, will begin to make a line of household applience movies . . .on deck are, oven, microwave, and mixer . . .

Pre-Pixar members already did the Brave Little Toaster series to great success.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
LEGO Movie 2 was moved from May 2018 to February 2019. I have a feeling Billion Brick Race won't open 3 months later on Memorial Day... just trying to clear space for Indy!

TheFedora

Moedred said:
LEGO Movie 2 was moved from May 2018 to February 2019. I have a feeling Billion Brick Race won't open 3 months later on Memorial Day... just trying to clear space for Indy!

Im actually wondering myself what the odds are of having the other LEGO franchises appear in the Lego movie sequel. The LEGO Movie had DC characters play a prominent role most obviously Batman... but in a sequel I think I would like to see cameos from more of Lego's other licenses.

curmudgeon

I don't think the Memorial Day 2019 date for Billion Brick Race was ever official, since WB just dated their Minecraft film there with no mention of the other film.