Treasure of Epley Springs in Texas

Michael Storm

According to legend in 1792, Spanish Gold was hauled with 500 soldiers from Colorado and New Mexico to these caves located in the 'Guthrie-Caves'. Anyway four copper boxes with maps were made. Three have been found over the past centuries, with the fourth still left. In the 30s it flooded into the Colorado River that runs through my hometown La Grange and it's capitol Austin. A spike inside of a Pecan tree is the key. It was published about in a 1980 magazine Lost Treasure or Gold Treasure. I've always wanted to get away from my relatives for a while, and go on a canoe trip, anyway. I've been trying to find someone that would like to go down the river bridge, and upstream past Lake Buchannan/Travis to west of Waco, up by Goldwaith. I plan on pitching a tent at sandrifts along the way, and fishing for my food, after it runs out. And also I'd spend a few months looking for my wealth. Gold is $1667 an ounce. This treasure is over 2000 pounds of Spanish Gold, so I'd assume it'd be $32 million. If anyone would go with me they could very well claim their partnership share of it. It is an alumium two man canoe with a middle in it. 'Fortune and Glory, kid, fortune and glory!!'

Montana Smith

DeliveranceSecondaa1.jpg

:D

Goodeknight

Indy's brother said:
Doesn't sound creepy at all, new guy with 13 posts.

That is hilarious. I don't often truly "lol" when I'm online, but I just did.

Michael, I'm sure you're the first to ever consider this quest. So you should find it long before you run out of food.

Incidentally, essentially planning on running out of food isn't a good start. Perhaps that's the reason you're seeking partners. (("Yes, a table for Donner, party of 12...I mean 11...Donner, party of 10...))

otto rahn

If you want "lost Treasures" check out Thomas Penfield's "Dig Here", it has 81 lost treasures all located in the southwest of the U S A. Good hunting !:)

otto rahn

Hmm you want to go for a canoe trip into the wilderness looking for a lost treasure. Can you play "Duelling Banjos" on a stringed instrument ? Oh, and watch out for strangers who think that you look like a hog !;)