Blu-ray vs HD DVD

kongisking

I don't know about you, but I'm sick of the Blu-ray promo commercials that play on most DVDs nowadays. As if they need to rub it in even more to the pathetic suckers like me that don't have one...:mad:

The Man

kongisking said:
I don't know about you, but I'm sick of the Blu-ray promo commercials that play on most DVDs nowadays. As if they need to rub it in even more to the pathetic suckers like me that don't have one...:mad:

You're a sucker? I bought a player when they were fresh on the market. Paid through the ass for it. But...worth every cent. I love the format.

indy34

We've recently got a big screen and bluray player. The best restoration I've seen so far is on the Sean Connery James Bond films and on The Searchers. Although They did a very poor job on Easy Rider.

The Man

The Man said:
No, you DON'T have to buy the prequels...

<object width="720" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/32877"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/32877" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" width="720" height="355"></embed></object>​

Montana Smith

The Man said:
Carrie on the sail barge. Who could blame Jabba for slobbering? ;)

Oh yes!

But the sex lives of Hutts are confusing. They merely change sex like slugs to reproduce. It's a horrible thought thinking of Jabba suddenly becoming female and getting broody...

Anyway, Blu-ray would be a must for serious 'research' into moments such as Oola popping out, and Leia almost popping out.

Indy1Jones2

Star wars blu ray is gonna be awesome. But I'm waiting for the original Indys to come out. don't know when but they need to hurry.:D

The Man

Apocalyse Anon...

18658403x-1.jpg

The Man

TheMutt92 said:
... if I wasn't a poor college student I would quickly invest in a player or PS3 and buy this.

Can't wait to see the HD upgrade. Blu-Ray was invented for movies this visually and aurally indelible. Pull a John Dillinger and indulge, 92! :gun:

TheMutt92

The Man said:
Can't wait to see the HD upgrade. Blu-Ray was invented for movies this visually and aurally indelible. Pull a John Dillinger and indulge, 92! :gun:

The first time I watched this film I saw it on a standard DVD being played on a Blu-Ray and I honestly thought it was a Blu-Ray disc... can't wait to see what the quality of an actual one looks like!

The Man

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jroIq779VEs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

TheMutt92

I've read there's a version of this selling for $1,000... spending that much money I wouldn't be surprised if they stuffed a little coke in the packaging... :p

The Man

TheMutt92 said:
I've read there's a version of this selling for $1,000... spending that much money I wouldn't be surprised if they stuffed a little coke in the packaging... :p

Never get high on what they supply, 92...;)

TheMutt92

I just started investing in blu-rays, so I'll be going through this thread and figuring out what would be worth purchasing. My collection might start out slow and small, but I think w/ some careful money planning I can make it worth my while.

Goonie

TheMutt92 said:
I just started investing in blu-rays, so I'll be going through this thread and figuring out what would be worth purchasing. My collection might start out slow and small, but I think w/ some careful money planning I can make it worth my while.

I just started getting into Blus myself, thanks to a pretty good deal I got thru Disney Movie Rewards - got a 3D ready Sony player for $59 in November. :cool: I don't have a hi-def TV, but my 23" PC monitor is so I got it hooked up to that for the time being. And I got my PC speakers hooked up (thru a Y connector) to the RCA jacks on the back of the player. The setup works great! (y)

If you are into Disney movies, Pixar, etc, I recommend signing up on Disney Movie Rewards. They usually have a coupon for new releases. The latest release of Cars had an $8 off coupon and Incredibles Blu had $10 off.

I got Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 1 last week for $23. Now it's $29. (don't forget these are Canadian prices - even though our dollar is up, we're still getting hammered here by high prices on stuff like DVDs and Blu-Rays). You gotta look for deals.