Rest In Peace, [Insert Name Here]

Dr. Gonzo

Forbidden Eye said:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/25/movies/eli-wallach-multifaceted-actor-dies-at-98.html?_r=0

Tuco_Ramirez.jpg

Wow... 98 that's not actually bad at all... I can only dream of living that long.

I'll be putting the dollars trilogy on my watch list this week.

*editors note: Dr. Gonzo continued to live for the next 573 years... not the oldest man on earth but a close third

kongisking

Goonie said:
I just read that our favourite Cairo Swordsman died a couple weeks ago.

RIP Terry Richards.

Damn. I really hope at the least, he died in less ignoble circumstances than the Swordsman's...

WilliamBoyd8

Curt Gentry, RIP

Curt Gentry was a San Francisco based writer whose death was reported yesterday.

He wrote The Last Days of the Late, Great State of California in 1968.
The final part of the book describes a fictional earthquake destroying the state.

Most of the book is historical, describing the political movements and cults which California was known for. His book implied that California's 1966 election of a movie actor as governor would start a new era of strangeness.

One of these cults would provide Gentry with a best-selling book.
He was the co-author of the 1974 book Helter Skelter about the "Manson Family".

:)

S. Dakota Jones

Yep, read that just a bit ago too. Was a big fan of his. Kinda feel like I lost a friend today:( .

RIP Robin Williams. I hope you find the solace where you are now that you couldn't find here.

kongisking

Okay, everyone. I too heard about Robin Williams, and I gotta say, that one is especially affecting for me. Depression is such a powerful and overwhelming thing, and this is tragic proof that even the greats can be destroyed by it, not just the little people. Its something I deal with myself, and stories like this are both unsettling and poignant because it makes you look at yourself, and your own personal battle.

But in addition to all that, I'm here because I really, really want you all to watch this video. This is a review of Aladdin from a YouTube critic I'm very fond of, and he made this video for the purpose of not just celebrating Williams' talent, but every cent of money he gets from ad revenue on the video...is to be donated to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America.

So, if we can all watch this, share it with our other friends, and just spread the video everywhere we know, hopefully it will raise a good amount of money going to a very important cause. Thanks, everyone, and enjoy it:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I've been concerned about the down side to Robin Williams' manic personality since he failed to show at the 1992 Oscars to sing "Friend Like Me," for undisclosed reasons. Very sad. I don't know of a cure other than stay interested, and participate in life.

Anyway here's my reaction video, a song dedicated to Michael Hutchence who also ended up at the end of a belt. Saw him on tour 20 years ago when INXS had lost a lot of heat. Discounted tickets and a much smaller crowd than 74,000 at Wembley, but the band played bravely on to passing fans. Must be tough to lose the spotlight.

jsarino

I'm still stunned with Robin Williams' death. I've had my share of friends who have taken their lives from depression, so it's sad to see that he could not conquer his own demons. :(

S. Dakota Jones

Goonie said:
This sucks. Two legends in two days. RIP Lauren.

Now who's the third? :(

I've read that Lauren may have been the third. One of the bigger(older) sfx guys died yesterday too. One of the men who blew up the death star. But I also suppose menaheim Golan could be as well. I do remember him/his movies from my youth as well.

Kongisking - im also a big fan of Jeremy's and that is an awesome thing of him to do. I will def watch that video and maybe from a few different devices to help out.

kongisking

WilliamBoyd8 said:
Lauren Bacall, age 89, RIP.

:)

FOR GOD'S ****ING SAKE!!!

Mrs. Bogart...

What a miserable damn week. :mad:

S. Dakota Jones said:
Kongisking - im also a big fan of Jeremy's and that is an awesome thing of him to do. I will def watch that video and maybe from a few different devices to help out.

Thank you. The pain of all this is offset by the flood of compassion from all quarters concerning this tragedy. :hat:

Finn

Staff member
Goonie said:
This sucks. Two legends in two days. RIP Lauren.

Now who's the third?
Given how many people die every day, I'm sure you'll find one if you look hard enough. Actually, you don't even have to wait 'til tomorrow. Just look here if you want three in a row.

And this was not meant as a slight towards the recently deceased, may they rest in peace, but just a notion that one sure can see patterns here and there using a selective eye.