TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-19-2017, 07:13 PM   #651
Attila the Professor
Moderator
 
Attila the Professor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 6,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
Anthony Ingruber please.

I can't say I agree with this impulse to get someone to do an impression rather than a performance.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:04 AM   #652
Face_Palm
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin
Posts: 121
Agreed. Which is why he wasn't chosen to be a young Han Solo.
Face_Palm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 01:47 PM   #653
seasider
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face_Palm
Agreed. Which is why he wasn't chosen to be a young Han Solo.

We don't know if that was the reason but I agree that there's a lot more that goes into portraying a character like Indiana Jones than just being able mimic Harrison Ford. To borrow the cliche, you have to make the character your own.
seasider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:06 PM   #654
Tibor
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sartorius
Please no.

God, no. Listen, I love films and really enjoyed La La Land. Will probably like Blade Runner too. I like Ryan Gosling, but... no.
Tibor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:30 AM   #655
Willie Hott
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasider
We don't know if that was the reason but I agree that there's a lot more that goes into portraying a character like Indiana Jones than just being able mimic Harrison Ford. To borrow the cliche, you have to make the character your own.
It's his "likeness" to Ford/Jones that makes him my top choice.
Willie Hott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:38 PM   #656
Z dweller
IndyFan
 
Z dweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Posts: 392
Re: Ingruber

I must confess that I'm conflicted about this.

On one hand, I would never want Indy to be portrayed through an impression, as opposed to acting.

On the other, if Ingruber proves to have proper acting chops (and that is a big if), why not give him a chance?
The physical likeness to Ford is remarkable.



Also, he's the perfect age.
If Indy 6 were released in 2022 or 23, Ingruber would be 32 or 33 and could play Indy in the early 1930s, before TOD in the timeline.

The ball is your court, Anthony: show you can act, and who knows what may happen?
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:12 PM   #657
Face_Palm
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
I must confess that I'm conflicted about this.

On one hand, I would never want Indy to be portrayed through an impression, as opposed to acting.

On the other, if Ingruber proves to have proper acting chops (and that is a big if), why not give him a chance?
The physical likeness to Ford is remarkable.



Also, he's the perfect age.
If Indy 6 were released in 2022 or 23, Ingruber would be 32 or 33 and could play Indy in the early 1930s, before TOD in the timeline.

The ball is your court, Anthony: show you can act, and who knows what may happen?


Anthony it seems has already had contact with Lucasfilm for a role previously but talks fell through. So that probably does not bode too well for a future working relationship with them. Anybody have any thoughts or input about this?

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/20...-solo.html?m=1
Face_Palm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 06:21 PM   #658
TheLostCrusader
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9
I think the reason it fell through was not so much that they didn't want him for the role, and more about the fact that they decided not to use the character in the series
TheLostCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 08:09 PM   #659
TheFedora
IndyFan
 
TheFedora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 531
I think that they will not go with same actor for Han Solo/Indy this time around, and that Ingruber probably is meant solely for one film, the Han Solo film.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 04:11 AM   #660
Walecs
IndyFan
 
Walecs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFedora
I think that they will not go with same actor for Han Solo/Indy this time around, and that Ingruber probably is meant solely for one film, the Han Solo film.

An another actor was already cast for Han Solo.
Walecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 PM.