TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 01-23-2009, 01:57 PM   #26
Ska
IndyFan

I'm (finally) going to finish this game this weekend...I'm in chapter 21 (out of 22).

I don't want it to end. This was such a remarkable game.

But I'm nowhere near 100% on trophies/metals. So there's always reason to dust it off and play it again. Although I have so many other games to beat (spanning back to the PS1).

Now on to Tomb Raider Underworld (guess I should finish TR Anniversary first...I'm in Atlantis)!
Ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:28 AM   #27
Trennas
IndyFan

It is a remarkable game! When I almost finished it I didn't want it to end either

It looks like things have fallen a little quiet again around Uncharted 2, apart from some interviews here and there there isn't much news to report.. I got the Edge a while back which had a big feature on the game, but most of what was in there can now be found on the internets
Trennas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:40 AM   #28
Ska
IndyFan

New article (with screenshots) on ign.com:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/963/963744p1.html

Also check out the Images link at the top for additional screenshots.

Looks great!

Last edited by Ska : 03-19-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:25 PM   #29
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
I'm kind of iffy about the sequel. I am afraid that it is gonna try to be more "edgy" than the first one, and go the way of Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. I mean we're gonna see the edgier side of Nathan? His shadier side within the black market. Meh.

I like what I see with the snow levels, but I am kinda disappointed with the city level. Why do they always think a sequel needs to be set in a city at some point?
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:47 PM   #30
Trennas
IndyFan

It's an abandoned city, it that helps Besides, Drake's Fortune was also set in more city environments, albeit that they were a lot older than this one

As for Drake's edgier side; I think they are mostly referring to his shady past, and not to his character in particular. I very much doubt that they will turn him into the ultimate bad-ass when his flawed human character worked so well in the first game

Cool new screens too! Visually there is nothing to complain about with this game
Old 03-19-2009, 01:01 PM   #31
Major West
IndyFan

I hope they don't try and 'improve' things too much, as mentioned.
Major West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:17 PM   #32
|ZiR|
IndyFan

The first sequel tends to suck. This isn't always the rule, of course. But I believe it has some merit.
|ZiR| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:41 PM   #33
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trennas
It's an abandoned city, it that helps Besides, Drake's Fortune was also set in more city environments, albeit that they were a lot older than this one

As for Drake's edgier side; I think they are mostly referring to his shady past, and not to his character in particular. I very much doubt that they will turn him into the ultimate bad-ass when his flawed human character worked so well in the first game

Cool new screens too! Visually there is nothing to complain about with this game

Yeah, but the this city is a modern one. The "cities" in the first game were ancient and more like forgotten ruins.

Drake may not come out as the ultimate bad-ass, but the light-hearted feel of the first will be replaced with a shadier theme. Much like what happened between Sands of Time and Warrior Within.
Even the subtitle hints at this; "Among Thieves".

Quote:
Uncharted portrayed Drake as a lighthearted, quick-witted treasure seeker who had a knack for getting in trouble but always meant well. Uncharted 2 will explore some of those personal faults in deeper detail by throwing Drake into some nastier situations that will tempt his desire for uncovering riches with more on the line.

(Text from Gamespot)
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:37 PM   #34
Trennas
IndyFan

*shrugs* I have enough faith in Naughty Dog to think that they can handle the material for the sequel to be either just as good or better than that of the first game, regardless of its settings (the abandoned city is just ONE location, there will be other places to go) or its (darker) theme.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:21 AM   #35
Trennas
IndyFan

Thumbs up

E3 is proving to be very fruitful this year! Lot's of cool announcements, trailers, etc. Including a few awesomely breathtaking videos of Uncharted 2! Seriously, I have no other words for these beauties besides: WANT.RIGHT.NOW! High-res is definitely recommended, just for awesomeness' sake!

Cinematic Trailer:

Gameplay Demo:

Old 06-05-2009, 07:42 AM   #36
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Gamespot's Live Stage Demo offers insightful commentary, and is a little easier to view.

No comment yet on the evolution of Drake's character.
Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:09 PM   #37
Snakes
IndyFan

Amazing new trailer and gameplay! I recently caved and bought a PS3, mostly just so I could play the Uncharted games. I'm definitely glad I did after seeing the new E3 trailer and walkthrough. Has anyone here got into the multiplayer beta? I thought I had when I pre-ordered Uncharted 2 at Gamestop, but it turned out to be a multiplayer demo, which starts in August. What the difference is, I dunno, but it really got me peeved. One very minor gripe about the new game is that it seems like they've toned down Drake's flailing "action movie" jumping. Great game Uncharted is though, a must play for anyone who loves pulp adventure stories (and also has money to invest in a black monolith of death, er...Playstation 3)
Snakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:08 AM   #38
Trennas
IndyFan

Lol XD I have to say that selling the Wii and getting a PS3 in return was one of the single most satisfying decisions we ever made. We just had so much fun with the cool games that came out on it, and there is still so much more goodness to come! I'm sure you won't regret your choice of spending money on the black monolith of doom from hell

Only downside of the machine is that it's not backwards compatible So in order to play Staff of Kings, I would have to dig up ye trusty old PS2 again, from a box, somewhere in the attic

I saw some ads in which you could order Infamous and get access to the multiplayer demo of Uncharted 2, but well, I'll prefer the single player demo anyways I think..
Old 06-08-2009, 05:52 PM   #39
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

"Elena Fisher. Last year's model."

In case y'all have been too distracted by the pissing contest in of the other threads, there is something resembling an 'official site' for Uncharted: Among Thieves. Aside from some basic videos, screenshots, and whatnot, it still seems rather bereft of content; hopefully that'll continue to change as the release date gets closer.

Uncharted
Old 06-08-2009, 09:01 PM   #40
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

I missed this...

Gamespot has a very intriguing description of the first (?) level in "Among Thieves". Check it out here.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:50 AM   #41
Trennas
IndyFan

Cool! Was already looking for an official site, but couldn't find anything so quickly.. never thought of the possibility of them merging it with the Drake's Fortune website XD

And it's nice to get some background story already From all the bits and pieces I've gathered over the past few months, it sounds intriguing enough;curious what else they come up with
Old 06-27-2009, 07:07 AM   #42
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Columbia Pictures...

...is apparently attempting to bring "Drake's Fortune" to the silver screen. While I'm not adverse to the idea, some of the names MTV is bandying about for casting are disturbing.

The Playstation blog also has this interview with the women of Uncharted: Among Thieves, and this one with Nolan Noth, the man behind Nathan Drake.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:14 AM   #43
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

90-minutes of cutscenes?

Nice. IGN has a recap of the Playstation Blog chat here. It looks like Drake will be slumming through Turkey, Borneo (!), Nepal, Tibet, and eventually the Himalayas.

Full text of the chat available here.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:35 AM   #44
Trennas
IndyFan

Picked up about the news earlier this week as well. Although I have to say I'm happier about learning where Drake is going in the next game than the movie announcement. In my opinion, its a bit redundant since Uncharted is already such a cinematic product. On the other hand, it might give the non-PS3 crowd a chance to get in touch with the franchise. And who knows; it might even spawn a load of merchandise as well.

As for who should play Drake.. well.. for me there is just one obvious choice:

Old 07-08-2009, 06:01 AM   #45
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

No soap opera actors, please!

It looks like Game Trailers TV will be airing an exclusive look at Uncharted this Thursday at 0030. Featuring an "all-new" level called the Ice Cave and one of the game's complete cinematics, it should be pretty awesome.

You can see the GTTV promo here.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:45 AM   #46
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

"Everything I touch turns to 'ish."

Don't Give Up

Exclusive cutscene now available to view on-line. Excellent graphics and dialogue -- major plus for using actual Tibetan (?) language! Oh, and the Sherpa, Tenzin, looks totally rad.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:40 AM   #47
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Ice Cave Gameplay!

Forgot to post this yesterday. Excellent graphics all-around, with some very Tomb Raider-esque platforming going on. Also: There's a brief example of the single-player co-op interspersed throughout the video.

You'll also be able to make your own action flick with the new multi-player camera controls. Check it out here.

Last edited by Le Saboteur : 07-12-2009 at 04:46 AM.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:57 PM   #48
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Saboteur
Gamespot has a very intriguing description of the first (?) level in "Among Thieves". Check it out here.

Here's a video demo of that stage description.

Looks really good! And while you can't really hear it over the background noise, there are some pretty nifty "taunting" effects coming from Drake's enemies.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:03 AM   #49
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Check out these pictures for the new Nathan Drake toys coming out this fall from ESC Toy's!

Original Drake

Electric Drake

Naughty Dog Exclusive

Glow in the Dark Drake
Old 08-11-2009, 06:12 AM   #50
fixer79
IndyFan

Aha, here's the 'Uncharted' thread.

I've bought the Platinum version last weekend and I've really enjoyed it...
BUT
I have these annoying graphics problems... There's quite a bit of screen tearing going on but what bugs me the most is the aura of blurry smudge around Drake. It's OK when you stand still, but if you move through the background it's really annoying... Even the crosshairs have the ugly aura around them. It's like the background around Drake needs time to go from a blurry mess to the sharpness it's supposed to have...

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?... Do you guys have the same problem?
fixer79 is offline   Reply With Quote