Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Films
User Name
Password

Old 01-29-2009, 06:19 AM   #26
The Magic Rat
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMutt92
I'm not sure whether to be happy or saddened by this...

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=52379

So what does this mean for a future box set and distribution, w/ Disney having control over the first two and Fox w/ the rest?

I dunno, really not sure. Fox kinda sucks, but then again Caspian was handled all wrong, so really how much worse could it get?

I still think Disney wimped out. I mean, they put up a Prince Caspian attraction at their Disney World theme park. Well, whatever, though. I'll still give the Dawn Treader a chance.
The Magic Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:32 PM   #27
NoCamels
IndyFan

Disney! Voyage of the Dawn Treader (if done well, of course) will do better than Prince Caspian! I don't know anyone whose favorite book is Prince Caspian, but there's a lot of people who like Dawn Treader.

Voyage of the Dawn Treader is probably my favorite, but I also really want to see The Horse and His Boy. And I'd really like to see them keep the original kids and do the books in published order, so by the time they get to Horse and His Boy and The Last Battle they will probably be old enough.
NoCamels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:39 PM   #28
Morning Bell
IndyFan

That' too bad. I thought the first two films were pretty good adaptations and I was looking forward to another film. I would love to see all seven books get a film, although that's pretty wishful thinking, especially if the others don't perform better.
Morning Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:16 PM   #29
The Magic Rat
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Bell
That' too bad. I thought the first two films were pretty good adaptations and I was looking forward to another film. I would love to see all seven books get a film, although that's pretty wishful thinking, especially if the others don't perform better.

I would love all seven to be made, but currently 3 years apart makes me think that would never, ever happen. But then again, who knows.

C'mon The Horse and His Boy
Old 02-24-2009, 09:28 PM   #30
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
Check this out, kids!!

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news...237647714.html

Hopefully this will work out.

In my case, for more than one reason....
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:44 AM   #31
The Man
IndyFan

Festive Dawn...

Quote:
"The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" will indeed be among 2010 winter movies. Clarifying the circulating speculation about the film's possible Christmas release, 20th Century Fox and Walden Media announced that they have set the third "Narnia" film to arrive in U.S. theaters on December 10, 2010.
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:19 AM   #32
The Magic Rat
IndyFan

Great great great!
Old 01-24-2010, 11:28 PM   #33
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
Ba-bump!

Guess who got to to see the Dawn Treader and played on it?

It's a mobile pic, so forgive the grainy-ness. Will put up more once I upload it from the digital camera (nice, cleaner pics).

But, yeah. The Dawn Treader Studio Tour was on at WB MovieWorld, and was part of admission for the past month. Today is the last day for the tour to run (I went yesterday and on Thursday, coz I got one of them VIP local passes). Tomorrow, they're destroying the Dawn Treader because apparently they do not have room for the ship and it's components in the backlot storage, which is a real shame! It's a gorgeous ship full of great detail.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:35 PM   #34
RedeemedChild
IndyFan

It looks like Christmas will be very Merry this holiday season.
RedeemedChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:57 PM   #35
Goonie
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeemedChild

The new kid on the right looks like a young Jerry O'Connell in Stand By Me.

Still bugs me that Disney pulled out of this franchise. And watch, Dawn Treader will be more successful than Prince Caspian and they will be kicking themselves.
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:08 PM   #36
RedeemedChild
IndyFan

Here is the official Narnia 3 Teaser Poster.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:40 AM   #37
Captain Craig
IndyFan

I really liked Voyage of the Dawn Treader and am glad that it has crossed $400m worldwide now!!!

It's now almost grossed as much as Caspian worldwide on a smaller budget plus it was Fox's only $100m film last year. Hard to believe but true that studio had a rough year in 2010.

There is talk of a sequel but the seemingly obvious choice of The Silver Chair seems to have competiton with The Magicians Nephew.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:22 PM   #38
clintonmills
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Craig
I really liked Voyage of the Dawn Treader and am glad that it has crossed $400m worldwide now!!!

It's now almost grossed as much as Caspian worldwide on a smaller budget plus it was Fox's only $100m film last year. Hard to believe but true that studio had a rough year in 2010.

There is talk of a sequel but the seemingly obvious choice of The Silver Chair seems to have competiton with The Magicians Nephew.

I am a huge fan of the Narnia books however I was not the biggest fan of Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I felt it could have been alot better. I am happy it has crossed the $400 million mark though. I really want to see them make The Silver Chair. It was my favorite book out of the series.
clintonmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:30 AM   #39
TheMutt92
IndyFan

"Magicians Nephew" to be next....?

http://blog.moviefone.com/2011/03/23...-narnia-movie/

Quote:
"We are starting to talk to Fox and talk to the C.S. Lewis estate now about the Magician's Nephew being our next film ... If we can all agree to move forward, then what we would do is find someone to write the script. So, it could still be a couple of years."

Quote:
Flaherty then goes on to say that 'The Magician's Nephew' is the second most popular book in the series, so it's a guaranteed blockbuster hit, which sounds like slightly delusional wishful thinking, but if it helps him get his movie made, more power to him.

While "The Magicians Nephew" was my favorite in the series (I only read that and "Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe", so...), wasn't everyone saying "Dawn Treader" was the second most popular? As much as I would like to see this films continue and succeed (Only saw the first two though), that just seems a bit misleading.
TheMutt92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:04 PM   #40
Dr. Gonzo
IndyFan

That seems like a weird choice since chronologically The Silver Chair should come next.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:04 PM   #41
RedeemedChild
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo
That seems like a weird choice since chronologically The Silver Chair should come next.

Well it is odd in a way but the reason being is that at a liturgical event held earlier this year called “Connecting with Audiences in an Age of Distraction”, Michael Flaherty of Walden Media put the issue of which film should be adapted first into a democratic vote of sorts. The people who attended voted for 'The Magician's Nephew' while very few expressed support for 'The Silver Chair' which WB Entertainment had intended to release under the title of 'The Silver Throne'.

Personally, I haven't really read the 'The Silver Chair' and therefore I can't say much on the issue. I've read 'The Magician's Nephew' and I loved it. Therefore I am really excited about this. Still, seeing as I have read 'The Horse and His Boy', 'Prince Caspian' and 'The Last Battle' I shall make it my duty to go and read 'The Silver Chair' as soon as possible.

I must say that 'The Voyage of the Dawn Treader' was indeed a powerful movie. It was far more inspiring than I'd anticipated it being. By the end of the movie I was in tears. I was also very surprised at our loud and clear the Gospel message came through in this movie. It was almost as good as the theological tones C.S. Lewis imbued the books with. I knew that Michael Apted alway's tried to convey spirituality through his movies as was seen in 'Amazing Grace' but the way it came through in 'Dawn Treader' was beyond my expectations.

Does anyone know if M. Apted will be involved in 'The Magician's Nephew'?

BTW guys check this link out: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/10/bo..._r=1&src=twrhp

Last edited by RedeemedChild : 04-13-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:13 AM   #42
Montana Smith
IndyFan

I just watched all three.

The first I'd seen only seen bits of previously.

For years I've held C.S. Lewis as second fiddle to his friend, Tolkien. However, there's something more interesting about travelling between our world and the fantasy world as Lewis imagines. With Tolkien it was just the imagined history of our own world.

It's been many years since I read Lewis' novels, and I know that the films have taken some liberties and added new scenes. However, I was noticing influences that, if written by Lewis himself, preceded publication of those of Tolkien.

The major one appeared at the end of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader as Reepicheep is permitted to travel to Aslan's country. It felt very much like Tolkien's Ring Bearers crossing over to Aman, The Undying Lands.

The ending of Dawn Treader hit the same note as the ending to The Return of The King.

These are great fairy tales brought to life with some amazing imagery, such as the battles involving the animals, especially minotaurs. Or the transition from the underground station to the cavern on the beach.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:29 PM   #43
curmudgeon
IndyFan

Wow is this quite the big thread bump...

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/na...on-1202399920/

Joe Johnston has been hired to direct "The Silver Chair" with a script adapted by David Magee of "Life of Pi" fame.
curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:41 AM   #44
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeon
Wow is this quite the big thread bump...

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/na...on-1202399920/

Joe Johnston has been hired to direct "The Silver Chair" with a script adapted by David Magee of "Life of Pi" fame.

Pretty cool news. I remember watching the BBC adaptation of The Silver Chair as a kid and really enjoying it. It's sad that it's taken them so long to get around to making more but hopefully the audience is still there.
IndyBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:45 AM   #45
TheFedora
IndyFan

Well they will have to recast Eustace Scrubb as its been 7 years since the last movie, but besides that it should be interesting to see how that goes.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 03:58 AM   #46
Henry Jones VII
IndyFan

Interesting choice for director. I'm intrigued now
Henry Jones VII is offline   Reply With Quote