" YOU CANT SAVE HIM IF YOUR DEAD , ITS TIME TO ASK YOUR SELF WHAT YOU BELIEVE "

That is AWESOME!!
tnswman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:43 AM   #102
RichardJones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSleep
They're painted with a very, very light shadowing. Some look slightly reddish, some look light brown. Of the ones I've seen in person, you can barely even tell there IS a shadow, unless you're very close in on it. It doesn't look as red as in the photos.

His Beard dosen't look that red in person . Same with the eyes, all the online pics of Indy's eyes, make him look like he got kicked in the nuts . These figures are much better in person.
RichardJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:30 PM   #103
Billy Ray
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMegs
I didn't repaint the hat at all... the color matches perfectly. I don't have the package, and it's been a while since I bought it... I know he comes with a black jacket that is just a vest shape... the jacket 'arms' are extra figure arms that are packed in the bubble beside the figure. Hope that helps.

Sweet, I finally found one of these guys today! There was another officer too that was a Afrika Corps guy. He came with an officer's hat and a DAK cap and had a long duster coat. Didn't pick him up, probably should have. Also got a second Deluxe German w/motorcycle to wear the hat. Thanks for the tip!
Billy Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:40 PM   #104
RichardJones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnswman
That is AWESOME!!

Thanks Man , And its good to see you back on The Raven.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:21 PM   #105
RichardJones
IndyFan

" Didn't I say dont cross the seal "

Old 06-24-2008, 08:40 PM   #106
The Golden Idol
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Golden Idol
Seriously? I want to get the horse, but I don't like the wide stance of the Indy that comes with it. Can the other Indys sit on the horse normally, with their butts on the seat and their feet in the stirrups? In your pic, it seems that Young Indy can't fit perfectly, which is probably why his butt isn't in the seat. If all the Indy figures CAN sit normally, though, then that would be awesome.

Can someone PLEASE answer my question? I've been waiting for an answer for a while now.
The Golden Idol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:31 AM   #107
Lambonius
IndyFan

Quote:
Can someone PLEASE answer my question? I've been waiting for an answer for a while now.

My, we're a pushy one now aren't we?

To answer your question though, no, the other Indy's can't really sit on the horse properly without some sort of rubberband or something to anchor them down. You can get them into a decent position, but the horse body is too wide for the regular articulated legs, and the only way to get them to sit on the horse is to stretch the crap out of your figures' joints. If Hasbro had meant for the other Indy figures to be able to ride the horse, they would probably have just released the horse by itself.
Lambonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:20 PM   #108
MightyMegs
IndyFan

Quote:

The only time your butt is flat on the saddle is when you are standing still, or walking very slowly, anyway. If you are riding at any kind of speed, the last place you want your cheeks is on the saddle.
MightyMegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:33 PM   #109
The Golden Idol
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambonius
My, we're a pushy one now aren't we?

To answer your question though, no, the other Indy's can't really sit on the horse properly without some sort of rubberband or something to anchor them down. You can get them into a decent position, but the horse body is too wide for the regular articulated legs, and the only way to get them to sit on the horse is to stretch the crap out of your figures' joints. If Hasbro had meant for the other Indy figures to be able to ride the horse, they would probably have just released the horse by itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMegs
The only time your butt is flat on the saddle is when you are standing still, or walking very slowly, anyway. If you are riding at any kind of speed, the last place you want your cheeks is on the saddle.

Thanks for your responses. So, the regular Indys can't fully sit on the horse, but they can have a decent "action pose" on it. That's okay, as long as they can be on the horse without looking ridiculous.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:05 PM   #110
MightyMegs
IndyFan

Old 06-27-2008, 04:41 AM   #111
inky_skin
IndyFan

Great work on the diaromas so far everyone (special merit to MightyMegs and RichardJones). I'm considering my classroom dio completed for the time being - I figured that Indy should get out into the field

Photobucket

So...here's Custom Cairo Indy standing in for ToD Indy until he and Mola Ram arrive...

Photobucket
inky_skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:47 AM   #112
bonoferox
IndyFan

Awesome work on the bridge!

Mightymegs, what did you use for Sir Richard?
bonoferox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:22 AM   #113
Errex
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonoferox
Awesome work on the bridge!

Mightymegs, what did you use for Sir Richard?

Seems like one of those Army of Darkness deadite warriors to me...
Errex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:57 PM   #114
MightyMegs
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errex
Seems like one of those Army of Darkness deadite warriors to me...
Bingo! The line has some other great dead figures in it too....
Old 06-27-2008, 08:31 PM   #115
HovitosKing
IndyFan

You guys who create the dioramas learned some mad skills in kindergarten. I'm extremely envious...you're talented as hell.
HovitosKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:05 AM   #116
inky_skin
IndyFan

So - heading onto Raiders and the Peruvian Temple...

Photobucket

Bonus points for anyone who get's the in-joke...

Last Crusade for my final outing - does anyone have any suggestions for what I should go for ? Something that's scene-specific to the LC Indy figure perhaps ?

And yeah - those Army of Darkness skeletons are really useful for Indy - they really should include something similar in the line.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:23 AM   #117
The Golden Idol
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky_skin

Photobucket

Awesome, but Satipo decayed a bit too quickly.

BTW, is that a ROTLA Temple Pitfall Indy head on a KOTCS Indy body?
Old 06-28-2008, 11:56 AM   #118
inky_skin
IndyFan

Quote:
BTW, is that a ROTLA Temple Pitfall Indy head on a KOTCS Indy body?

Good spot - yes it is. Would have liked to have gone all out on a Satipo custom, but don't have the fodder yet. Guess no-one is picking up on the in-joke - Paramount Logo ?
Old 06-28-2008, 12:32 PM   #119
glorbes
IndyFan

First time poster, so let me just say that I'm thrilled to be here!

There's some really great stuff in this thread...lots of fun and very well executed ideas. The classroom diorama is tops, and incorporates a lot of great little details and touches. The scene and film speceific dioramas are great...its nice to see that others are into this sort of thing too.

Here's a project I'm working on at the moment:

The material I'm using is sheet styrene (060 or 1/16" thickness). The surface (once the 'airframe' is finished) will be 020 thickness styrene sheet (its much thinner and will be able to conform to the rounded shape of the frame). The German Soldier is there for scale reference. Not sure quite how I'm going to execute the landing gear yet, but I'm working on it

I also have a WIP Last Crusade tank that I've been picking away at for a few weeks now...I'll be posting it very soon.
glorbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:51 PM   #120
RichardJones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorbes

There's some really great stuff in this thread...lots of fun and very well executed ideas. The classroom diorama is tops, and incorporates a lot of great little details and touches. The scene and film speceific dioramas are great...its nice to see that others are into this sort of thing too.

The material I'm using is sheet styrene (060 or 1/16" thickness). The surface (once the 'airframe' is finished) will be 020 thickness styrene sheet (its much thinner and will be able to conform to the rounded shape of the frame). The German Soldier is there for scale reference. Not sure quite how I'm going to execute the landing gear yet, but I'm working on it

I also have a WIP Last Crusade tank that I've been picking away at for a few weeks now...I'll be posting it very soon.

Welcome to the Raven
Old 06-28-2008, 02:46 PM   #121
Leiter91
IndyFan

Quote:

class in a glass
Leiter91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:56 PM   #122
Goonie
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky_skin

Photobucket

inky_skin,

What did you use for the bridge scene background and the spiked skeleton background, plaster?

I got to get back to work on my Temple of the Forbidden Eye paper model. I haven't worked on it for about a week because my printer was acting up and wasn't printing the right colors. I've got one dilemma with it, it's bigger than I thought it would be and I'm not sure where I'll put it when it's complete!

glorbes,

Awesome work on the flying wing!
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 04:00 PM   #123
The Golden Idol
IndyFan

Quote:

Holy crap! You're working on the Flying Wing! Awesome!
Old 06-28-2008, 04:22 PM   #124
inky_skin
IndyFan

Welcome glorbes ! Can I just say, even seeing only the airframe of your Flying Wing, that I'm already blown away by your skill. Would love to trade some customising techniques with you - I've never worked with styrene before - how does it take paint / adhesives ?

Goonie - the backgrounds are all balsa wood - shaped with a craft knife and sanded where required.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:08 PM   #125
glorbes
IndyFan

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I'll be happy to address whatever questions you may have about styrene...I've really only worked with it for about a year, and this flying wing project is especially experimental for me. The structure seems pretty stable at this point, so we'll see how it goes.
glorbes is offline   Reply With Quote