TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 06-02-2008, 07:59 PM   #26
Sparrow
IndyFan

Okay, I saw this thread and it finally convinced me to come out of lurking.

After seeing the film twice, I came to the conclusion that I love it! It exhibits that good, old-fashioned fun that you would expect out of any Indiana Jones film. Sure, it's not perfect, but I can easily overlook its shortcomings and enjoy it for what it is.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:16 PM   #27
Shark_Blade
IndyFan

I love the movie and I've seen it twice now, planning to go see it again if I have the time.

At first viewing, I really felt a bit lost (well, a lot! ) with the story, about the crystal skulls, about Ox relationship with Marion and Mutt and about Marcus (lol forgot about him in LC and RLA).

I understand it a lot better in the second viewing and I think I'll grab the novel later to get a more complete picture of the whole thing.

Oh and this movie is a lot better than the crapfest of Die Hard 4.0 or Rambo 4.

*Bring on Indy 5!!*
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:21 PM   #28
loganbush
IndyFan

Quote:
4. The wedding, I know, I'm a girl, we just love weddings, but if Indy has to get married at last, thank god it's not to Willie coz I just want to slap her. Marion is perfect for Indy and Mutt is everything you'd expect Indy's unknown son to be.

Hey, I HATE weddings and this is one of my favorite scenes in the film.
loganbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:26 PM   #29
Grimezy
IndyFan

Hoorah for Indy 4 lovers!
Grimezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:26 PM   #30
clorrificus
IndyFan

it's really depressing seeing, hearing, and reading about people who claim to be indyfans just totally throwing this movie down in the dirt. i don't understand how people can just see it once, claim "i hate it, it sucks", and just pretend like there wasnt anything in the movie they enjoyed. all because of what? a fridge? aliens? jesus, where is the love guys?

i hope that spielberg and lucas do decide to make a 5th movie because i loved this one and i want to see more.
clorrificus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:56 PM   #31
foreignerfred
IndyFan

And something I find to be weird is how the haters say lovers don't watch the movie with open minds! Am I the only one who finds that ironic?
foreignerfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:16 PM   #32
Michael24
IndyFan

Well, I certainly enjoyed the movie. Seen it twice already. Wanted to see it again yesterday, but wasn't able to. Hopefully on Thursday. My brother has that day off from work, so we'll probably go then. I would like to see it a few more times. I don't know that I like it more than Temple of Doom or The Last Crusade (and Raiders remains my #1 favorite), but I definitely liked it and thought it was a lot of fun.
Michael24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:45 PM   #33
Sykopathic
IndyFan

Ya know when I first heard that Shia Ledouche was in the movie I was pissed and for awhile decided I wasn't going to see it. But eventually I said screw it ignored the Mutt stuff and got into the fact it was a new Indy movie. I didn't go in expecting a life altering experiance or the second coming. I just expected to get a fun Indiana Jones adventure film. Needless to say I loved it
Sykopathic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:28 AM   #34
Kyle
IndyFan

I think KOTCS proved itself and rightfully belongs in the Indy series!! Great, entertaining movie. I work at a movie theater and it never ever gets old!!

Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:35 AM   #35
Sharlow
IndyFan

I think the trick to enjoying this movie was to go in with an open mind.

I'd not thought to search the web for forums like this before the movie came out (DOH) so I went in there expecting nothing but an Indiana Jones Movie.

I'd seen one lot of previews on the TV on a Movie Critics show, and that was it, no trailers nothing. (Geeze living in the back of whoop whoop does have it's advantages sometimes)

From the minute they threw the hat down and all the soldiers surrounded it with their guns pointed I was hooked. The second viewing yesterday has me more hooked, and even knowing the mistakes and continuity errors in it, I still loved every second of it.

So maybe people who expect too much then have their expectations dashed which is why they are saying such horrible things about it.

You can't honestly say that the fridge scene was any worse than some of the far out scenes from the previous 3 movies ( can't think of any off the top of my head, aint that typical ). The main attraction of Indy was his ability to survive the most ridiculous situations and get out of them, if not exactly scott free then only slightly bruised and battered.

It's a movie, it's supposed to be entertaining and unrealistic so let yourself be entertained by it. Suspend your sense of belief and relax and let the story transport you.
Sharlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:38 AM   #36
Kyle
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharlow
I think the trick to enjoying this movie was to go in with an open mind.

I'd not thought to search the web for forums like this before the movie came out (DOH) so I went in there expecting nothing but an Indiana Jones Movie.

I'd seen one lot of previews on the TV on a Movie Critics show, and that was it, no trailers nothing. (Geeze living in the back of whoop whoop does have it's advantages sometimes)

From the minute they threw the hat down and all the soldiers surrounded it with their guns pointed I was hooked. The second viewing yesterday has me more hooked, and even knowing the mistakes and continuity errors in it, I still loved every second of it.

So maybe people who expect too much then have their expectations dashed which is why they are saying such horrible things about it.

You can't honestly say that the fridge scene was any worse than some of the far out scenes from the previous 3 movies ( can't think of any off the top of my head, aint that typical ). The main attraction of Indy was his ability to survive the most ridiculous situations and get out of them, if not exactly scott free then only slightly bruised and battered.

It's a movie, it's supposed to be entertaining and unrealistic so let yourself be entertained by it. Suspend your sense of belief and relax and let the story transport you.

Thank you. The last two or three sentences pretty much sums it up for me.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:43 AM   #37
Sharlow
IndyFan

Glad I could help Hehe.

I actually achieved something other than sitting around home bored out of my mind waiting for my kid to get home from school.

BTW I'm very jealous of your job, that right now would be my dream occupation, then I could watch Indy all day every day and no one would be able to roll their eyes at me lol
Old 06-03-2008, 12:47 AM   #38
Kyle
IndyFan

It has it's advantages. Manager is a jerk though. But its worth it. I've seen Kingdom about 20 times now....and it doesn't get old. Love it!!!!

Old 06-03-2008, 12:53 AM   #39
Sharlow
IndyFan

I could hate you lmao.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:32 AM   #40
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
I enjoyed the first time and the second time I loved it. And you know, I was disappointed there wasn't a proper love scene with Marion and Indy, but the second time I clearly noticed more between them and became rather happy with the film and to me, it easily beats Temple of Doom. This was more fun, more comedic.

I don't know about Indy 5, but I do know that I have embraced Indy 4.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 02:44 AM   #41
Michael24
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Indy
And you know, I was disappointed there wasn't a proper love scene with Marion and Indy, but the second time I clearly noticed more between them and became rather happy with the film
I was the same way. And I love the whole thing about "But they all had the same problem. They weren't you, honey."
Michael24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 02:57 AM   #42
Sharlow
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael24
And I love the whole thing about "But they all had the same problem. They weren't you, honey."

Now there is a line to make any woman swoon, and the delivery was definately swoon worthy.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:58 AM   #43
Rococo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael24
I was the same way. And I love the whole thing about "But they all had the same problem. They weren't you, honey."

Great line- and just love the instant reaction from Marion- the whole relationship comes back in that one line, just like that.

I love this film. I think all of the films have strengths and weaknesses, and this one is no exception- but I really enjoyed it the first time, and in subsequent viewings have found more and more little things that have stood out for me, really making the film more nuanced than it appears on first watching. Of course, a few little things bug me, but I don't care- overall, it's great fun, a great family theme- and IMHO the return of Karen Allen really made the movie for me. She was a joy to watch in Raiders, and brought a special feel to this film that could not have been accomplished with bringing in any other actress.
Rococo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:29 AM   #44
bonoferox
IndyFan

The more I see it, the more I love it.

The best moment for me was seeing Marion and hearing her say his name in the same pitch she did over 20 years ago when she first saw him in her bar
bonoferox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:49 AM   #45
Jones_Happens
IndyFan

I read every bad review and spoilery bit of information before my first viewing. I kept getting ready to cringe at parts people claimed were "terrible" and "going to ruin the franchise." I never cringed once. I loved it. My wife loved it. I'm taking my nephews this weekend.
Jones_Happens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:42 AM   #46
IndyCon
IndyFan

Thumbs up I Absolutely Love Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

I absolutely love Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Iím seeing it for a fourth time this weekend when I take my parents to see it, I canít wait the more I see the movie the more I love it. All the haters can go to hell with Kali.
IndyCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:20 PM   #47
Sharlow
IndyFan

Going for the third time this weekend. Finally nagged my mum who was a huge harrison ford/Indiana jones/han solo fan back in the 80's, to come with me.
YAYYYYY I love INDY 4
Old 06-06-2008, 08:22 PM   #48
Mothy

KOTCS should not have been made.

Crusade had the perfect finale, riding off into the sunset. All KOTCS has done is tarnish the brand and people's opinions of the series. Sure, a select few may like it, but the overall population despise it. They even laugh at it, at Indy's expense.

The last film does not compare with the other three and leaves a bad taste in ones mouth. It is better to fade away gracefull than burn out. They should have remained back in 1989, with pride intact.
Mothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:34 PM   #49
para_owl
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connery's Toupe
This movie was my wildest dreams come true. A beautiful gift to all the fans.
I appreciate this movie.

I agree with you (and love the screen name ). I had a good experience with this movie. I didn't like everything in it, but some CGI gopher is not going to make me turn my back on Indy. Harrison Ford was my biggest role model as a child, and the Indiana Jones character is the character he was meant to play. We should all be thankful that there is an Indy 4.

--Will.
para_owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:59 PM   #50
Mothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_owl
I agree with you (and love the screen name ). I had a good experience with this movie. I didn't like everything in it, but some CGI gopher is not going to make me turn my back on Indy. Harrison Ford was my biggest role model as a child, and the Indiana Jones character is the character he was meant to play. We should all be thankful that there is an Indy 4.

--Will.

I strongly disagree. You either are very easily pleased or sitting in a cot with a toy laptop writing this stuff out. When you get a little older, you will see what trash they dished out with KOTCS.
Mothy is offline   Reply With Quote