Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 07:26 AM   #52
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
There's some discussion here:
Indy V's Potential Box Office Haul

So my favorite would-be mod, are you gonna actually add any input?
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:13 AM   #53
IndyForever
IndyFan

$1.2Bn perhaps. Ford + Spielberg's last Indy= mega box office! The way Ford is being so reckless flying though in the last few weeks I would be more worried about if he even makes it to filming at this stage
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ane-AGAIN.html
IndyForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 04:08 PM   #54
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyForever
$1.2Bn perhaps. Ford + Spielberg's last Indy= mega box office! The way Ford is being so reckless flying though in the last few weeks I would be more worried about if he even makes it to filming at this stage
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ane-AGAIN.html

See I don't see it making a billion due to the factors I outlined above.
Look at Batman v. Superman. On paper, that should've been a MEGA success. This was every geek and comic lover's dream. This was something people wanted to see for decades. And it was uneven, and it did well beneath expectations. And this is a film with a fanbase that is already in the millions to begin with.

I think the only reason KOTCS did so well is because of the fact that it was people's first exposure to Indy in 20 years. People took their kids (or in my case younger relatives) to see it. A steady stream of EU stuff kept the franchise going and hooked in younger fans.

Indy now is associated with a film that's considered on par with The Phantom Menace in many quarters, and who is remembered by modern audiences not so much for the classic films but for nuked fridges and Shia LeBeouf acting like a fool.

There's no novelty to seeing Harrison as Indy again like there was in 2008. He was only 65 there; reasonably young enough to be taken seriously doing physical stuff.

I just feel this movie will attempt to please everyone and end up pleasing few or no one.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 09:12 AM   #55
Walecs
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
See I don't see it making a billion due to the factors I outlined above.
Look at Batman v. Superman. On paper, that should've been a MEGA success. This was every geek and comic lover's dream. This was something people wanted to see for decades. And it was uneven, and it did well beneath expectations. And this is a film with a fanbase that is already in the millions to begin with.

I think the only reason KOTCS did so well is because of the fact that it was people's first exposure to Indy in 20 years. People took their kids (or in my case younger relatives) to see it. A steady stream of EU stuff kept the franchise going and hooked in younger fans.

Indy now is associated with a film that's considered on par with The Phantom Menace in many quarters, and who is remembered by modern audiences not so much for the classic films but for nuked fridges and Shia LeBeouf acting like a fool.

There's no novelty to seeing Harrison as Indy again like there was in 2008. He was only 65 there; reasonably young enough to be taken seriously doing physical stuff.

I just feel this movie will attempt to please everyone and end up pleasing few or no one.

The reason Batman v Superman was not a HUGE success is because the movie sucked. If its producers really thought such a dull flick would make tons of money, they're morons.
Walecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 03:56 PM   #56
Face_Palm
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walecs
The reason Batman v Superman was not a HUGE success is because the movie sucked. If its producers really thought such a dull flick would make tons of money, they're morons.

Batman V Superman also sucked. Like SUCKED. With a solid 27% approval rating on rotten tomatoes. To put that in comparison, many consider Kingdom of the Crystal Skull to be a "bad movie" and it had a 78% approval rating.

Also, BvS didn't have Harrison Ford which is what carried TFA over the 2 billion dollar mark. Star Wars will always make money, but without Harrison Ford they won't make near the numbers TFA made.

Indy 5 will hit a billion.
Face_Palm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:13 PM   #57
Moedred
Administrator

Updated, from HSX. Not including films like Star Wars 9 without pinned dates. Numbers change, but Indy might not make the top three this time.

Avengers 4 May 03, 2019 $390.15
Toy Story 4 Jun 21, 2019 $233.72
Secret Life of Pets 2 Jul 03, 2019 $226.14
Fast & Furious 9 Apr 19, 2019 $179.58
LEGO Movie 2 Feb 08, 2019 $147.32
Godzilla: King of Monsters Mar 22, 2019 $123.08
Captain Marvel Mar 08, 2019 $120.78
How to Train Your Dragon 3 Mar 01, 2019 $89.27
Indiana Jones 5 Jul 19, 2019 $89.12
Minecraft May 24, 2019 $54.38
SpongeBob Movie 3 Feb 08, 2019 $39.25
Wicked Dec 20, 2019 $36.43