TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-19-2017, 02:49 AM   #51
Attila the Professor
Moderator
 
Attila the Professor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 6,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
There's some discussion here:
Indy V's Potential Box Office Haul

Merged, now.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 07:26 AM   #52
Raiders112390
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
There's some discussion here:
Indy V's Potential Box Office Haul

So my favorite would-be mod, are you gonna actually add any input?
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:13 AM   #53
IndyForever
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: London, England
Posts: 313
$1.2Bn perhaps. Ford + Spielberg's last Indy= mega box office! The way Ford is being so reckless flying though in the last few weeks I would be more worried about if he even makes it to filming at this stage
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ane-AGAIN.html
IndyForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 04:08 PM   #54
Raiders112390
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyForever
$1.2Bn perhaps. Ford + Spielberg's last Indy= mega box office! The way Ford is being so reckless flying though in the last few weeks I would be more worried about if he even makes it to filming at this stage
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ane-AGAIN.html

See I don't see it making a billion due to the factors I outlined above.
Look at Batman v. Superman. On paper, that should've been a MEGA success. This was every geek and comic lover's dream. This was something people wanted to see for decades. And it was uneven, and it did well beneath expectations. And this is a film with a fanbase that is already in the millions to begin with.

I think the only reason KOTCS did so well is because of the fact that it was people's first exposure to Indy in 20 years. People took their kids (or in my case younger relatives) to see it. A steady stream of EU stuff kept the franchise going and hooked in younger fans.

Indy now is associated with a film that's considered on par with The Phantom Menace in many quarters, and who is remembered by modern audiences not so much for the classic films but for nuked fridges and Shia LeBeouf acting like a fool.

There's no novelty to seeing Harrison as Indy again like there was in 2008. He was only 65 there; reasonably young enough to be taken seriously doing physical stuff.

I just feel this movie will attempt to please everyone and end up pleasing few or no one.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 09:12 AM   #55
Walecs
IndyFan
 
Walecs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
See I don't see it making a billion due to the factors I outlined above.
Look at Batman v. Superman. On paper, that should've been a MEGA success. This was every geek and comic lover's dream. This was something people wanted to see for decades. And it was uneven, and it did well beneath expectations. And this is a film with a fanbase that is already in the millions to begin with.

I think the only reason KOTCS did so well is because of the fact that it was people's first exposure to Indy in 20 years. People took their kids (or in my case younger relatives) to see it. A steady stream of EU stuff kept the franchise going and hooked in younger fans.

Indy now is associated with a film that's considered on par with The Phantom Menace in many quarters, and who is remembered by modern audiences not so much for the classic films but for nuked fridges and Shia LeBeouf acting like a fool.

There's no novelty to seeing Harrison as Indy again like there was in 2008. He was only 65 there; reasonably young enough to be taken seriously doing physical stuff.

I just feel this movie will attempt to please everyone and end up pleasing few or no one.

The reason Batman v Superman was not a HUGE success is because the movie sucked. If its producers really thought such a dull flick would make tons of money, they're morons.
Walecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 03:56 PM   #56
Face_Palm
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walecs
The reason Batman v Superman was not a HUGE success is because the movie sucked. If its producers really thought such a dull flick would make tons of money, they're morons.


Batman V Superman also sucked. Like SUCKED. With a solid 27% approval rating on rotten tomatoes. To put that in comparison, many consider Kingdom of the Crystal Skull to be a "bad movie" and it had a 78% approval rating.

Also, BvS didn't have Harrison Ford which is what carried TFA over the 2 billion dollar mark. Star Wars will always make money, but without Harrison Ford they won't make near the numbers TFA made.

Indy 5 will hit a billion.
Face_Palm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:13 PM   #57
Moedred
Administrator
 
Moedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: California
Posts: 4,678
Updated, from HSX. Not including films like Star Wars 9 without pinned dates. Numbers change, but Indy might not make the top three this time.

2019
Avengers 4 May 03, 2019 $390.15
Toy Story 4 Jun 21, 2019 $233.72
Secret Life of Pets 2 Jul 03, 2019 $226.14
Fast & Furious 9 Apr 19, 2019 $179.58
LEGO Movie 2 Feb 08, 2019 $147.32
Godzilla: King of Monsters Mar 22, 2019 $123.08
Captain Marvel Mar 08, 2019 $120.78
How to Train Your Dragon 3 Mar 01, 2019 $89.27
Indiana Jones 5 Jul 19, 2019 $89.12
Minecraft May 24, 2019 $54.38
SpongeBob Movie 3 Feb 08, 2019 $39.25
Wicked Dec 20, 2019 $36.43
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 PM.