Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > General Indiana Jones Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 01-20-2014, 01:39 AM   #51
kongisking
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
Maybe change the analogy to Saddam Hussain?

Oh, wait...

Once again, you spook me, Smiffy. For I was going to say Saddam in my original post, but changed it to bin Laden at the last second.

How do you do it?
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:30 AM   #52
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongisking
Once again, you spook me, Smiffy. For I was going to say Saddam in my original post, but changed it to bin Laden at the last second.

How do you do it?

"...I know the rage that drives you. That impossible anger strangling the grief, until the memory of your loved one is just... poison in your veins. And one day, you catch yourself wishing the person you loved had never existed so you'd be spared your pain."

http://www.the-movie-times.com/thrsd...abeouf+lneeson
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:55 PM   #53
kongisking
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
"...I know the rage that drives you. That impossible anger strangling the grief, until the memory of your loved one is just... poison in your veins. And one day, you catch yourself wishing the person you loved had never existed so you'd be spared your pain."

http://www.the-movie-times.com/thrsd...abeouf+lneeson

"Once I had a wife. She was...taken from me."

Well, actually it was his daughter...
Old 01-20-2014, 11:28 PM   #54
Gear
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shia LaBeouf
"Once I had a wife. She was...taken from me."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shia LaBeouf

Tisk, tisk.. Site your sources, guys.
Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:17 PM   #55
Moedred
Administrator

Performance art proposal.
Again, more complicated than writing Daniel Clowes a check for the 11-minute film.

Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:14 PM   #56
Pale Horse

Retiring from Public Life.
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:16 PM   #57
Indy's brother
IndyFan

Shia hasn't hit bottom, yet, apparently. This from The Hollywood Reporter

"He has been detained. He is expected to be charged but nothing has been filed yet," an NYPD spokesperson told The Hollywood Reporter. "The incident occurred at Studio 54 during Cabaret at around 9 p.m [ET]. He was acting disorderly, yelling and being loud, and is currently being held at the Midtown North police station," said the police. Broadway songwriter Benj Pasek tweeted that he saw LaBeouf "in handcuffs in tears surrounded by 6 police officers outside of CABARET the musical."
link

The report from ABC News adds a few more details, including the charges he now faces:

"LaBeouf, 28, was smoking inside the theater and engaging in other disruptive behavior, police said. When he was asked to leave, he refused and then threatened the officers and people on the sidewalk outside. He was charged with two counts of disorderly conduct and one count of criminal trespassing."
link
Indy's brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:22 AM   #58
TheFedora
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedred
Performance art proposal.
Again, more complicated than writing Daniel Clowes a check for the 11-minute film.

I honestly wonder if anyone picked the Indy Whip as their implement.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:42 PM   #59
WilliamBoyd8
IndyFan

He's going to be talking to empty chairs before he is 30.

WilliamBoyd8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:45 PM   #60
kongisking
IndyFan

I guess it's a good thing the majority of fans loathed the Mutt character, so its easier to mock LaBeouf for all this. Imagine if our beloved John Ryse-Davies or (gasp!) Karen Allen had these breakdowns? Boy, fans would be inconsolable...
Old 10-16-2014, 02:42 AM   #61
Dr. Gonzo
IndyFan

His recollection

Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 05:10 AM   #62
Moedred
Administrator

Richard Harris used to tell Letterman thrilling tales of shenanigans and petty crimes from his drinking days in the 1960s, with a little polish Shia could deliver his own yarns.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:22 AM   #63
Moedred
Administrator

Just a normal Tuesday night.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=o0u4M6vppCI
Old 10-26-2014, 12:04 PM   #64
TheFedora
IndyFan

Quote:

Plot twist: The individual who is the main character in the song is the agent who put him in crystal skull.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 01:13 PM   #65
Dr. Gonzo
IndyFan

Quote:

that was... beautiful...

See what I/he did there?
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 02:01 PM   #66
kongisking
IndyFan

Gotta admit, I was kinda stunned and confused watching that, unsure what to think (certainly well choreographed and cleverly written, but is it yet more Shia-Deserves-To-Die propoganda or what?)...then the ending. That was indeed fantastically, hilariously cool.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:42 PM   #67
IAdventurer01
IndyFan

Well it's by Rob Cantor of Tally Hall fame and is an extended version of what a previous version. Cantor reportedly wrote the original song because "sternly whispering 'Shia Labouf' makes me giggle."

Not exactly anti-Shia ... just weird. And much in the same vein of Cantor's similar work "Christian Bale is at Your Party."
IAdventurer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:15 AM   #68
Pale Horse

Rob Cantor's podcast on Kevin&Bean adds so much more to it too.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:33 AM   #69
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Richard Harris used to tell Letterman thrilling tales of shenanigans and petty crimes from his drinking days in the 1960s, with a little polish Shia could deliver his own yarns.

I've always chosen to believe that the woman in the bedspread jacket story is Helen Mirren.

And come on, this deserves an embed:

Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 01:22 PM   #70
Moedred
Administrator

American Honey trailer, or a typical weekend with Shia:

Old 08-20-2016, 06:00 PM   #71
Moedred
Administrator

Surf's Up 2 appears to have a completely new cast.

And Shia auditioned for War Dogs but didn't get it.
Quote:
Upon his release from jail, LaBeouf then headed straight for their scheduled meeting, complete with shoelaces atop his sunglasses, as shown in the footage (aired with LaBeouf's permission). “They take your shoelaces away in prison because they’re afraid you’re going to kill yourself, I suppose,” director Todd Phillips explained. “So he was carrying his shoelaces, and for some reason he put them on his face because he was being weird and wanted to throw you off a little bit.”
Old 08-24-2016, 03:05 PM   #72
tssurfer
IndyFan

worth about 25million

some people like him some don't (i personally don't) but he must have a fan base hes only 29 and hes worth bout 25MILLION!!

(from google net worth search)

BTW HI ALL IM NEW TO THE THREADS NAMES SURFER!!
tssurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 05:05 PM   #73
Pale Horse

Has anyone heard from him since his #TAKEMEANYWHERE campaign ended? Or is he now missing...

in the woods.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:53 AM   #74
Moedred
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tssurfer
HI ALL IM NEW
Hi! Didn't see Shia on the 2016 Forbes list of highest paid actors, but Ford just made it:
Quote:
$15 million - The only returnee on the ranking, Ford makes the cut thanks to an outsized payday for his return as Han Solo in 2015’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens. At 74, he is the oldest member of the ranking.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:56 PM   #75
Moedred
Administrator

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/sh...ney-1201851776
Quote:
LaBeouf eventually followed Disney with a lucrative partnership with Steven Spielberg on several projects at DreamWorks–including “Disturbia,” “Transformers” and “Eagle Eye”–as well as Paramount’s “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.” He thought it would be a dream come true, but he had a hard time. “I grew up with this idea, if you got to Spielberg, that’s where it is,” says LaBeouf, who originally wanted roles like Macaulay Culkin’s in the “Home Alone” movies. “I’m not talking about fame, and I’m not talking about money.”

He thought Spielberg would be his ticket to a big-screen legacy. “You get there, and you realize you’re not meeting the Spielberg you dream of,” LaBeouf says. “You’re meeting a different Spielberg, who is in a different stage in his career. He’s less a director than he is a f–king company.” (Spielberg declined to comment.)

LaBeouf felt like there was no room to grow as an actor, and that he was stuck. “Spielberg’s sets are very different,” he says. “Everything has been so meticulously planned. You got to get this line out in 37 seconds. You do that for five years, you start to feel like not knowing what you’re doing for a living.”

When LaBeouf completed the recent art project of re-watching his old films, he purposefully got up and left during the second “Transformers,” which was executive produced by Spielberg. “I don’t like the movies that I made with Spielberg,” he says. “The only movie that I liked that we made together was ‘Transformers’ one.”

LaBeouf says he felt the most disappointed by the reception for 2008’s “Crystal Skull.” He doesn’t consider the sequel a success, despite its worldwide gross of nearly $800 million. “I prepped for a year and a half,” LaBeouf says. “And then the movie comes out, and it’s your fault. That sh-t hurt bad.”

Spielberg once told him not to read his own press, but it didn’t seem like practical advice. “There’s no way to not do that,” LaBeouf says. “For me to not read that means I need to not take part in society.” It was easier for actors before the Internet. “The generation previous to mine didn’t have the immediate response,” he says. “If you were Mark Hamill, you could lie to yourself. You could find the pockets of joy, and turn a blind eye to the sh-t over there.”

He kept seeing anonymous comments online from people complaining that between “Transformers,” “Wall Street 2,” and “Crystal Skull,” he had destroyed the ’80s. Whenever a fan asked him for a selfie, he’d replay those thoughts in his head. “I didn’t like going in public, because I had to face my failures constantly,” he says.

It was around this time that he started drinking heavily.