Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Old 03-16-2017, 04:29 PM   #151
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udvarnoky
I think the larger point is that of context. Donovan's death was supernatural and therefore the natural province of special effects. I would consider a digitally de-aged Ford a very different matter...
Of course. Absolutely. Conversations about a young, Computer Generated Harry Ford? There are plenty of other places to pontificate such preposterous platitudes.

This is a thread about WHEN Indy 5 should take place (no matter how the character is realized)...and it should be 1962.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 05:14 PM   #152
Z dweller
IndyFan

Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face_Palm
Again, the world "prequel" isn't in there anywhere. The Indy stories they could tell could be in any time period. You're making a lot of assumptions. Disney has never said prequel.
How else do you interpret "...making more. It won’t be just a one-off" ?

More movies with Ford after the next one? You are tempting fate, my friend.

Sequels with sidekick(s) in place of the main character, set in the 1970s and 80s? That's not Indiana Jones anymore, in any way, shape or form.
Ain't gonna happen.
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:15 AM   #153
Face_Palm
IndyFan

Spielberg, during an interview with Screen Daily that focuses heavily on his new critically-acclaimed Cold War drama Bridge of Spies, had the following to say regarding the prospect of Ford being recast as Dr. Jones:

Quote:
“I don’t think anyone could replace Harrison as Indy, I don’t think that’s ever going to happen. It’s certainly not my intention to ever have another actor step into his shoes in the way there have been many actors that have played Spider-Man or Batman. There is only going to be one actor playing Indiana Jones and that’s Harrison Ford.”
Face_Palm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:22 AM   #154
Udvarnoky
IndyFan

Spielberg is also the guy who said "We're going to make Indy 4 look like the other three."

Here's the thing. Spielberg may genuinely feel that way, but he is not in control of the franchise. Disney may defer control of Indy 5 to him, but after that the IP's fate is gonna be at Bob Iger's pleasure.
Udvarnoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 12:49 PM   #155
Face_Palm
IndyFan

Bob Iger is stepping down as Disneys CEO in 2019... the year Indy 5 hits theatres.

How will he be involved for future Indy films?
Face_Palm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:01 PM   #156
Udvarnoky
IndyFan

I was not aware of that. I would have been more accurate to say "whomever is Disney CEO."

Now that you've got me looking into, it sounds like he's retiring in the summer of 2018, though he's already starting to backtrack on the claim.

Even if he does step down when they say, Iger has already alluded to Indy's future, so it's obviously being discussed. It's not like Disney's waiting for Indy 5 to get released to start plotting the next stages. He's already involved with future Indy films in that sense.
Udvarnoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:31 PM   #157
Z dweller
IndyFan

Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Udvarnoky
Even if he does step down when they say, Iger has already alluded to Indy's future, so it's obviously being discussed. It's not like Disney's waiting for Indy 5 to get released to start plotting the next stages. He's already involved with future Indy films in that sense.
Precisely.

And seeing a younger actor in the action teaser and/or further flashback scenes in Indy 5 would be a great way for Disney to test today's audiences' appetite for future prequels.

It's too good an opportunity for a smart company like Disney to miss.
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:49 PM   #158
DeepSixFix
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face_Palm
Spielberg, during an interview with Screen Daily that focuses heavily on his new critically-acclaimed Cold War drama Bridge of Spies, had the following to say regarding the prospect of Ford being recast as Dr. Jones:
Except that other actors have already played Indiana Jones besides Ford, so...
DeepSixFix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:57 PM   #159
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSixFix
Except that other actors have already played Indiana Jones besides Ford, so...

Difference is those actors weren't replacing Ford. River Phoenix played alongside Ford in a bit part. YIJC was a Lucas production that Spielberg had no part in, and even then, when it came to playing mature Indy, Ford was Indy. So there's a pretty big difference in context.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:51 AM   #160
Kai Hagen
IndyFan

With a lot of talk about Hitler fleeing to Argentina these days, how about 1945? The Germans would have later uniforms and a jet plane. And include the German U-boats.

Kai Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote