TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Films
User Name
Password

Old 03-31-2005, 12:39 AM   #26
Colonel Vogel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
Colonel, do not put words into my mouth. You misunderstood my posts. I was not implying that TJ is an imposter or a zombie. Also, considering that your actions have already resulted in a one month ban from certain forums, I would advise you, respectfully, to reconsider your future etiquette while visiting The Raven.

My apologies Pale Horse I got it all wrong again. Please don’t ban me from the Raven.

Sorry for the triple post
Colonel Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 02:59 PM   #27
intergamer
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Vogel
I still don’t understand what you said about professional-strength wind generator

I betch'ya do, Trebek!
intergamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 01:43 PM   #28
San Holo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay R. Zay
"Nobody here said that Tarantino was this "poor little filmmaker who makes brilliant movies but nobody likes him", or that "his movies were made against all odds, that he is the lonesome rider against the evil, big film industry, that he doesn't earn money with his movies but gets hated by everybody". "

hahahahaha

did *i* say so? i don't think so.

"Maybe you should read the replies"

exactly, maybe you should.

oh and by the way, these little offences "Seeing your replies is like watching a monkey do a math problem." are just as impressive as some "EDITED FOR CONTENT your motha" stuff. brrr.

and for vogel:
"I'm sorry Jay R. Zay but I have to agree with San Holo on this occasion."

actually, you don't have to agree with him on *this* occation only. how about writing own replies? how about insulting other people and getting locked out from some forums... san holo can be proud of having such a prominent supporter i for one don't give too much for what you think is right and wrong. but of course, somebody who hasn't much support anyway has to take what he gets, right? i remember some discussion with san about indiana jones IV, do you, too?

for example telling me that i couldn't talk about indiana jones because i didn't know this "cairo swordsman" scene for a long time? you know, leading an argument like this says a lot about how childish you behave. like a monkey, you know? telling me that i waste your time when i reply here? funny. and how about this little german paragraph you gave me? i couldn't understand a single word - did you use google as a translation? you shouldn't do so. anyway the only important word you used was deleted by the mods anyway so seriously, this reply was some kind of a waste of time for you. so don't pretend you were busy.

and what does this all tell you? that i have a good reason not to be impressed by your offensive way - you trying foolishly to contradict me and your dog vogel supporting whatever you say. my statements about tarantino were correct and you weren't able to contradict them. and not every statement referred to the people in this tread as most (!) people here probably understood. you unfortunately didn't. make sure you have some arguments before arguing next time. this is rather childish and i'm definitely not going to discuss on this level.

edit:

Please watch the use of profanity on this message board.
I think the monkey is gonna cry . Seriously dude, lighten up- or me and Vogel just might pay you a little visit
San Holo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 01:53 PM   #29
Jay R. Zay
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Holo
I think the monkey is gonna cry . Seriously dude, lighten up- or me and Vogel just might pay you a little visit

if this is all that comes to your mind, i'm *very* impressed. it's really this cool-and-easy attitude that i missed so much in here...
Jay R. Zay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:47 AM   #30
The Man
IndyFan

Bill Gets Bigger...*

*Wow, this thread comes covered in cobwebs!
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:08 AM   #31
Pale Horse

More Kill Bill?

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead."

As much as I like this man's films, leave well enough alone. I don't need a LOTR epic for one sitting. eeesh.
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:40 PM   #32
YouNeverKnow
IndyFan

Quote:
"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead."

As much as I like this man's films, leave well enough alone. I don't need a LOTR epic for one sitting. eeesh.

I'm not sure how I feel about an epic extended cut, but it would be nice to get some sort of boxed set presentation of both films. I have held out on buying these for some time despite my enjoyment of them because I am a stickler for special editions and fabulous presentation in my DVD collection.
YouNeverKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:05 PM   #33
agentsands77
IndyFan

I've been waiting for KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR for ages now. It plays better as a single entity than it does divided up (the two volumes are definitely dependent on each other).
agentsands77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:38 PM   #34
YouNeverKnow
IndyFan

Yeah I guess I haven't watched them in any other form other than right next to each other for the past few years, so maybe 1 cut wouldn't be so bad.
YouNeverKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:56 PM   #35
agentsands77
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow
Yeah I guess I haven't watched them in any other form other than right next to each other for the past few years, so maybe 1 cut wouldn't be so bad.
Furthermore, the reviews from the Cannes premiere of the single-film edit indicated that KILL BILL played better as one film than as two.
agentsands77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:41 PM   #36
Dr. Gonzo
IndyFan

Tarantino to make a spaghetti western

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48669

The dude who played Django is in...
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:28 PM   #37
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48669

The dude who played Django is in...

I didn't know Franco Nero was still around.

Tarantino and Rodriguez have been making spaghetti-inspired moves for years, so it'll be interesting to see him make the actual thing!
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:05 AM   #38
Dr. Gonzo
IndyFan

Just watched "Four Rooms"... it's four stories that take place in a hotel. Robert Rodriguez wrote and directed one and Tarantino did the last one. You can clearly tell its a Tarantino short (besides the fact that he's in it). Kinda interesting. Check it out if you haven't seen it.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:45 AM   #39
TheMutt92
IndyFan

Quote:
Just watched "Four Rooms"... it's four stories that take place in a hotel. Robert Rodriguez wrote and directed one and Tarantino did the last one. You can clearly tell its a Tarantino short (besides the fact that he's in it). Kinda interesting. Check it out if you haven't seen it.

Is it worth watching the whole thing, or just looking up his short online?
TheMutt92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:30 PM   #40
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
I didn't know Franco Nero was still around.

This is out of place, but the bump to this thread reminded me that Franco Nero played Indy's nemesis in Force 10 From Navarone. (Indy, of course, was at that time going under the alias of Lieutenant Colonel Mike Barnsby).
Old 07-13-2011, 02:14 PM   #41
Dr. Gonzo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMutt92
Is it worth watching the whole thing, or just looking up his short online?

Well that really depends on you. Since its a big part of my job I watch as many films as I can, even if I can't stand it I'll watch a film I haven't seen before all the way through.
The first part of the four was forgettable, it is about a coven of witches, the only thing even mentionable about it was Madonna is in it wearing a black skin tight latex dress. The second story should probably be watched because the female character in it shows up in the 4th part (Tarantino's) just so you know the bell hop and the woman's history. The third one was Robert Rodriguez's and it plays like one of his films, there are two kids and their parents the parents go out because its new years eve and they ask the bell hop to check in on the kids every 30 min. The kids of course cause trouble and (without ruining everything) there you have it. Then there is the last, Tarantino's "The Man From Hollywood", easily the best one out of the bunch. Bruce Willis makes an uncredited cameo. I won't ruin it for you.

So I would say if you're into film watch the whole thing. If you are short on time, watch the 2nd and 4th as they are the only stories that are related.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:56 PM   #42
Pale Horse

Quote:
I won't ruin it for you.

I will
a block of wood, a doughnut, a ball of twine, three nails, a club sandwich, a bucket of ice, and an extremely sharp hatchet
and very Hitchcockian, which parallels another thread around here somewhere.
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #43
Dr. Gonzo
IndyFan

Quote:
I will
a block of wood, a doughnut, a ball of twine, three nails, a club sandwich, a bucket of ice, and an extremely sharp hatchet
and very Hitchcockian, which parallels another thread around here somewhere.
Yes.
if we want to get even more specific a "hatchet as sharp as the devil himself"
Old 07-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #44
TheMutt92
IndyFan

Tarantino returns to acting (and in a western too!):

http://www.slashfilm.com/quentin-tar...el-brute-wise/

Quote:
When the news first broke about Quentin Tarantino‘s new movie, there was some confusion as to the real nature of the project. We first heard the movie was called The Angel, the Brute and the Wise, and that classic spaghetti western star Franco Nero would be involved. That confusion continued when we learned that QT’s new film is actually called Django Unchained, as Django is the name of Franco Nero’s best-known set of films.

Quote:
But there is a QT-Franco Nero film, and it is something altogether different from Django Unchained. It is a western, and it is called The Angel, the Brute and the Wise. But the presumed roles of the two men are, in fact, reversed: Franco Nero is directing the movie as an homage to John Huston (no, not John Ford) and Sergio Leone, and he has convinced Quentin Tarantino to play a part.

Quote:
“I said ‘Quentin, we are going to do a western. It would be an homage to Sergio Leone and John Huston, the director that discovered me, and would you be so kind to play a cameo?’ And he said, ‘Oh yeah! What do I have to do?’ I said, actually there are three bandits, and I have to kill them all, and he said, ‘oh, great, so I can come with Robert Rodriguez and my friends to play them.’ I said, yeah! That would be great! He said, ‘But how are you going to kill me?’ I said, I’ll tell you—with a shotgun, and inside, instead of having bullets, it will be gold coins. He said, ‘I love it!’”
TheMutt92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #45
Indy's brother
IndyFan

Quote:
how are you going to kill me?’ I said, I’ll tell you—with a shotgun, and inside, instead of having bullets, it will be gold coins. He said, ‘I love it!’”

*rolls eyes*
Indy's brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:27 AM   #46
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy's brother
*rolls eyes*

Yep, it sounds like The Good, The Bad and the Ugly Part II, with a huge dose of irony.

But why an homage to John Huston/SergioLeone? Stylistically John Ford/Sergio Leone would be more understandable.

Though Huston directed Man in the Wilderness in Spain, I think of him more for The Man Who Would Be King.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:13 AM   #47
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
Yep, it sounds like The Good, The Bad and the Ugly Part II, with a huge dose of irony.

But why an homage to John Huston/SergioLeone? Stylistically John Ford/Sergio Leone would be more understandable.

Though Huston directed Man in the Wilderness in Spain, I think of him more for The Man Who Would Be King.

Maybe this comes into it:

Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #48
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
Maybe this comes into it:

Maybe. It is Mexico.

But it's also 1925. Even further down the road from Duck, You Sucker!

I've always thought it was more film noir than western, so that could be where this one is going.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:35 PM   #49
Joe Brody
IndyFan

Say "What" again!

I saw this in the Journal today and it gave me a good chuckle. I've said many times that America's most important export is its culture. I'm sure the Holy men that green-lit this attack are loving this image.

http://gawker.com/5863375/iranian-st...ritish-embassy

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2255053/

Classic. And of course the Brits have to give this serious political/post modern analysis as to how the photo came to be in the embassy. Odds are it belonged to a Marine quartered in the building or to some guy in IT.

Last edited by Joe Brody : 11-30-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Joe Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:31 PM   #50
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Brody
I've said many times that America's most important export is its culture. I'm sure the Holy men that green-lit this attack are loving this image.
---
Classic. And of course the Brits have to give this serious political/post modern analysis as to how the photo came to be in the embassy. Odds are it belonged to a Marine quartered in the building or to some guy in IT.
Whoop-dee-f*cking-doo!

@The "Brits": Give your 'serious political/post modern analysis' NOW! Joe Brody wants to know!
---
On topic: I like "Reservoir Dogs".
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote