User Name
Password

Old 08-03-2008, 01:41 AM   #101
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbidden Eye
Sorry, but I'm sure any rumors to update the ride are false.

They did add a show to promote though, I also heard they added Indy twists to The Jungle Cruise.

Is the show that one for the Summer of Adventure though? And Indy running around the streets of Adventureland? That isn't permanent. Does anyone know if the Indy twists to the Jungle Cruise are permanent or if that's just part of the Summer of Adventure promotion too? What are the Indy twists?

Maybe they just gave the ride a grease up and re-touch of paint and what not to get ready for the Summer of Adventure thing.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:59 AM   #102
Little Indy
IndyFan

I'm sure talks to update the ride have happened and may even be ongoing. I sat in on a forum with Tony Baxter, Senior VP of Walt Disney Imagineering, not too long ago and he mentioned that an upgrade was in the pipeline. Now keep in mind it will not change the ride itself as far as the course the jeep takes, but maybe new lines that Indy says during the ride will be added to reference Kingdom. Props maybe added to tie in with the movie. On Pirates of the Carribean there was an upgrade so I can imagine that Temple of the Forbidden Eye would get the same.
Little Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:04 AM   #103
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Indy
I'm sure talks to update the ride have happened and may even be ongoing. I sat in on a forum with Tony Baxter, Senior VP of Walt Disney Imagineering, not too long ago and he mentioned that an upgrade was in the pipeline. Now keep in mind it will not change the ride itself as far as the course the jeep takes, but maybe new lines that Indy says during the ride will be added to reference Kingdom. Props maybe added to tie in with the movie. On Pirates of the Carribean there was an upgrade so I can imagine that Temple of the Forbidden Eye would get the same.

I can understand why Pirates got an update because they had to throw in something from the popular film

But the Indy ride was based off of Indy which is a movie so what kind of updates could they do? Just movie referances I guess.
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:36 AM   #104
Little Indy
IndyFan

I see what you mean. Temple of the Forbidden Eye is supposed to take place before Kingdom, so how would they incorporate it? Disney usually does good work so I'm excited to see what they do. It may be props from the movie to add to the ambiance as you make your way through the line. For instance the truck at the entrance is said to be the one from Raiders, and the Life saver from the Coronado is hanging on the side close to the Jungle Cruise. And this isn't really a prop, but if you make your way around the park on the Disneyland RR, there is a dog house with the name Indy painted on it. A left over from a Young Indy show idea that was scrubbed.

Oh hey Nurhachi,
Have you moved out to So Cal yet? Hope you like it here.
Little Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:01 AM   #105
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

I'm heading out on the 16th Little Indy. I got to stay here most of the summer which was nice and I will be doing my Senior year at Troy High school. Is it a good school? Have you heard anything about it?
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 11:54 PM   #106
Cagefighterkip
IndyFan

the premise of the ride would make a good indy5...

"Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye" would rule lol
Cagefighterkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 04:35 PM   #107
DIrishB
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagefighterkip
the premise of the ride would make a good indy5...

"Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye" would rule lol

Eh, we already had the roller-coaster thing in Temple of Doom's ending.
DIrishB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:05 PM   #108
Way of the dodo
IndyFan

maybe I'm nuts, but it really didn't sound like John-rhys Davies' voice (when Sallah talks during the line) last time I rode this ride. Has he been replaced by a sound-alike?
Way of the dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:14 PM   #109
DIrishB
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way of the dodo
maybe I'm nuts, but it really didn't sound like John-rhys Davies' voice (when Sallah talks during the line) last time I rode this ride. Has he been replaced by a sound-alike?

I can't say for sure, but I doubt it. Maybe the sound player was slightly off? I can't see why they'd replace him with someone else doing his voice...its not like he makes royalties off the ride or anything, does he?
DIrishB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:01 AM   #110
indy 2000
IndyFan

Indy ride behind the scene- look for the skeleton on the left hand side, he is wearing micky mouse ears. It is hard to spot cause your moving so fast. Also, i used to work at disneyland at night and got to go on the ride many times by myself. I also used to clean the entire track so I got to see everything up close.
indy 2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:53 PM   #111
Forbidden Eye
IndyFan

Came back from my Disneyland trip not that long ago(which is explained my unmissed absence) and had a memorable experience with the ride. Waited in the longest line all trip(60-65 minutes) and then announced that it has broken down, and in return, gave us a free fast-pass to any ride at the parks except the Nemo submarine Voyage and Toy Story Mania(the two newest ones).

Of course, I used the fast-pass on Indy latter that night when it got back in operation! Still as awesome a ride as ever! It was even worth the wait as it was I think the only time I rode it where literally every single effect worked. Even one effect I wasn't even aware existed worked.

To also sum up the Indy parts of my trip, I finally bought a fedora, so I'm now an official Indy fan lol. I wore it through it whole trip and got some cool/funny comments.

I didn't get to see the new Indy show- not enough time. Although, if I went to Disneyland by myself or even with easier friends, I would've definitely fit it in the schedule.

I did go on the Jungle Cruise. Wasn't much though. All they did was quote a certain infamous line from Indy involving snakes and referenced Indiana Jones a couple times through-out.
Forbidden Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:43 PM   #112
mattzilla2010
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbidden Eye
Came back from my Disneyland trip not that long ago(which is explained my unmissed absence) and had a memorable experience with the ride. Waited in the longest line all trip(60-65 minutes) and then announced that it has broken down, and in return, gave us a free fast-pass to any ride at the parks except the Nemo submarine Voyage and Toy Story Mania(the two newest ones).

Of course, I used the fast-pass on Indy latter that night when it got back in operation! Still as awesome a ride as ever! It was even worth the wait as it was I think the only time I rode it where literally every single effect worked. Even one effect I wasn't even aware existed worked.

To also sum up the Indy parts of my trip, I finally bought a fedora, so I'm now an official Indy fan lol. I wore it through it whole trip and got some cool/funny comments.

I was there recently too! August 5th-7th. I was luckily able to ride the ride four times!

But that's so lucky that all the effects worked when you went on it! I always notice at least one thing that isn't working properly when I go on.

I too got lots of comments on my Indy hat. One guy wanted to know where I got it, and this other guy was like, "Oh my God, it's Indiana Jones!"
mattzilla2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 01:28 AM   #113
Coronado
IndyFan

I was at Disneyland all day yesterday, and the ride broke down while I was on it! It had already been shut down for a couple of hours earlier in the day (that happens all the time); while I was on the ride it stopped in the main cavern for about five minutes, and also in the boulder room for thirty seconds or so.

I managed to get a few pictures while I was in there - here are some of the best ones:

The bridge:

Approaching the skull room:

Indyyyy!

And a couple from after the ride... Choose wisely:

Don't look into the eye!

-Coronado
Coronado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:31 AM   #114
Indy fan 235
IndyFan

Cool pictures, Coronado! I still haven't had a chance to get to Disneyland and ride that Indy ride, one day. I have been to Disney World plenty of times though, this past October in fact, and check out the Indy stunt show and shop whenever I can.
Indy fan 235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:49 PM   #115
Morning Bell
IndyFan

I just got back from Disneyland last week and the ride is just as great as I remembered. It had been a few years since I'd last been and the ride never gets old for me. Plus, I was even fortunate enough to get to drive once, which was awesome. I even wore my MK VII bag the entire time to retain that true Indy feel.
Morning Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:56 PM   #116
Goonie
IndyFan

It's funny, when I was there in Disneyland for the third time in '94 I got to see the outside lineup area all completed and got to walk around the camp scene. I didn't get to ride it until '07 on my fourth trip there - 13 years later! It was torture; waiting those 13 years to get to ride it. I made sure to ride it lots, but riding it the very first time was the best!

There are a few little things though that I wish they could fix:
The mist projection of the rats: sometimes when there is a draft it messes-up the mist screen and it's hard to see. It wasn't until a number of rides after that I finally realized it was rats.
The dart corridor: they need to fix this with some relief carvings rather than painted skeletons - it really takes away from the ride experience (it gives it that cheap feel, like Mutt swinging with the monkeys )
And... If they could somehow persuade Harrison to do a face sculpt and voiceover, do this for the Indy ride like they did with Johnny Depp for Pirates.
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:07 PM   #117
Insomniac
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonie
It's funny, when I was there in Disneyland for the third time in '94 I got to see the outside lineup area all completed and got to walk around the camp scene. I didn't get to ride it until '07 on my fourth trip there - 13 years later! It was torture; waiting those 13 years to get to ride it. I made sure to ride it lots, but riding it the very first time was the best!

There are a few little things though that I wish they could fix:
The mist projection of the rats: sometimes when there is a draft it messes-up the mist screen and it's hard to see. It wasn't until a number of rides after that I finally realized it was rats.
The dart corridor: they need to fix this with some relief carvings rather than painted skeletons - it really takes away from the ride experience (it gives it that cheap feel, like Mutt swinging with the monkeys )
And... If they could somehow persuade Harrison to do a face sculpt and voiceover, do this for the Indy ride like they did with Johnny Depp for Pirates.
For Indy V they should do a renovation like haunted mansion and pirates did not to long ago! Harrison's voice new affects new animatronics and a reopening on the day of the film!
Insomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:40 PM   #118
Short Rounded
IndyFan

Indy Picture

The expression on Indy's face in the picture is so funny! Never seen Indy look so nervous...
Short Rounded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:42 PM   #119
Short Rounded
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattzilla2010
And this other guy was like, "Oh my God, it's Indiana Jones!"
I sam one of the live shows at Disney around Christmas at Big Thunder Ranch and the people stopped the show half way through to tell this guy who was in the audience wearing a fedora ,"You're a great man Mr. Jones. Brave hero." lol
Short Rounded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #120
Moedred
Administrator

Assembled the notes and spiel from here and here...

http://moedred.livejournal.com/11445.html
Anything missing?

Looking for complete videos of the newsreels (like this) to check my transcripts.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:20 AM   #121
Maybe.Not Today
IndyFan

New opening temple of the forbidden eye

Hey everyone,

Ran into Disney a few days ago, didn't have time to stay but I was dropping my girlfriend off and I wanted to go on Indy. I noticed that the animatronic in the first room, the one holding back the doors, seems to be completely new. Not only that but there's a new light effect that casts the iconic shadow of the man with the hat on the wall behind him when u first enter. This unexpected update was very cool. I wasn't able to take pictures but definitly will next time. Has anyone else heard anything about this or seen it?
Maybe.Not Today is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:02 PM   #122
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Can confirm this. I thought so too, when I went on the ride on New Year's Day. I have footage to prove this (not great footage, coz the ride was giving us a good shaking!). I wasn't sure if it was just me coz I'm not exactly a frequent visitor of Disneyland. I can definitely say that the lighting effect was very nice and looked heaps better than last time!!

I also noticed this time around, that the mummies were actually working. Last time, they weren't.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:18 PM   #123
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Hey found some news on the Disney Parks blog RE: 15th Anniversary of the Temple of the Forbidden Eye.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...oull-dig-this/

Seems new merchandise is on the way, apparently at the end of this month although, the anniversary was on the 3rd of March (last month!). In any case, am envious that the new Mickey Indy shirt wasn't avaliable when I was there at Christmas time, I would have bought it!
Old 04-06-2010, 01:31 AM   #124
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Indy
Seems new merchandise is on the way, apparently at the end of this month although, the anniversary was on the 3rd of March (last month!). In any case, am envious that the new Mickey Indy shirt wasn't avaliable when I was there at Christmas time, I would have bought it!

Nice looking shirts. Now I wish they would shut it down for an extensive refurb; a lot needs to be fixed. Hell, I don't think the doors to the Gates of Doom have worked properly in years. Needs more smoke too.
Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:12 AM   #125
Ajax the Great
IndyFan

A lot of these theme parks are just not very good at keeping up with their attractions. Both Indy attractions - the ride and the stunt show - need some reworking. The stunt show still works, but it's getting old and tired. It's the same exact stunts, the same gags...just not as fun anymore; and I've always had a soft spot for the stunt show, since that's where I was first introduced to Indiana Jones.

Anyway, back on topic. This ride needs some refurbishing.
Ajax the Great is offline   Reply With Quote