Disney Disgust

Stoo

Pale Horse said:
Nope, Just Marvel and Paramount. Yep, Paramount. They do play well with each other.
Good. I shudder at the thought of a Disney logo opening an Indy film/TV series. Knowing that "The Avengers" didn't do this, gives me a new hope.;)

Another inappopriate thing for the Disney name is: Luke & Leia's INCEST!:eek: :p

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
Good. I shudder at the thought of a Disney logo opening an Indy film/TV series. Knowing that "The Avengers" didn't do this, gives me a new hope.;)

Another inappopriate thing for the Disney name is: Luke & Leia's INCEST!:eek: :p

...and the issue of underage sex in Raiders!!:sick:

Henry W Jones

Pale Horse said:
Nope, Just Marvel and Paramount. Yep, Paramount. They do play well with each other.

So if if Indy 5 doesn't get made it will be due to lack of interest. At least thats how it would seem seeing the recent collaboration. Im sure Paramount wouldn't mind making a little more Indy cash.

Raiders90

Stoo said:

You do know that Disney directly created films like Pretty Woman, The Dead Poet's Society, Good Morning Vietnam, Con Air, as well as produced films like Clerks, The Crow, Heavenly Creatures, Pulp Fiction, From Dusk Till Dawn, The Crow: City of Angels, Chasing Amy, Good Will Hunting and Gangs of New York, right?

And that they own ESPN, as well?

It's like not Disney is all family friendly, cuddly, sing songy films.

Stoo

JuniorJones said:
...and the issue of underage sex in Raiders!!:sick:
Quite right, JuggernautJones.:hat: In Disney's, professor-with-young-girl, adventure flick, "In Search of the Castaways" (based on Jules Verne), Maurice Chevalier never had sexual relations with Hayley Mills.
Raiders112390 said:
You do know that Disney directly created films like Pretty Woman, The Dead Poet's Society, Good Morning Vietnam, Con Air, as well as produced films like Clerks, The Crow, Heavenly Creatures, Pulp Fiction, From Dusk Till Dawn, The Crow: City of Angels, Chasing Amy, Good Will Hunting and Gangs of New York, right?

Once again, Raiders112390, do you actually read threads or do you just react to the latest reply?:confused: See what I said to you in post #86 (less than 2 weeks ago) and my response to Forbidden Eye in post #97 (4 days ago).

Previously in this thread, you agreed that Disney's direction was not in line with Walt's cuddly outlook, therefore, DISGUSTED.:whip:

You're all mixed up, mate!;)

Raiders90

Stoo said:
Quite right, JuggernautJones.:hat: In Disney's, professor-with-young-girl, adventure flick, "In Search of the Castaways" (based on Jules Verne), Maurice Chevalier never had sexual relations with Hayley Mills.
Once again, Raiders112390, do you actually read threads or do you just react to the latest reply?:confused: See what I said to you in post #86 (less than 2 weeks ago) and my response to Forbidden Eye in post #97 (4 days ago).

Previously in this thread, you agreed that Disney's direction was not in line with Walt's cuddly outlook, therefore, DISGUSTED.:whip:

You're all mixed up, mate!;)

I was more expressing sadness at the state of the Disney channel as it was at the time and the fading away of 2D animated films, not so much Disney itself. I should have been more clear in my initial reply to Redeemed Child. Disney is a diversified company, Disney proper is still in with Walt's vision, and it has a good number of subsidiaries providing more mature products. It works very well.

Lance Quazar

Stoo said:

The Avengers didn't because Paramount still had contractual connections with the characters, having put out the Iron Man, Thor and Captain America films.

But future Avengers movies will not feature the Paramount logo, it's all Disney now going forward.

However, as the Indy franchise also still has contractual entanglements with Paramount, it's possible that a similar situation could arise.

Assuming there is another Indy film.

Which there won't be.

So it's moot.

Come on. It's not like Luke and Leia slept together. They just had one kiss.

Who hasn't made out with their sister at least once or twice while they were growing up?

Joe Brody

Raiders112390 said:

Citing Miramax films and saying Disney "directly created" them is a bit misleading. The Weinstein brothers had independence and Miramax was not controlled by Disney. And I think Tarantino had written the Pulp Fiction script before Disney bought Miramax, so it's not like Disney cooked it up ala something The Black Hole.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Lance Quazar said:

Who hasn't made out with their sister at least once or twice while they were growing up?

...or being a professor of Archaeology grooming young girls for awayday's in Jim'll fix it's campervan!

A+day+in+the+life+of+Jimmy+Savile+Feature+by+Mike+Hellicar

Stoo

Lance Quazar said:
But future Avengers movies will not feature the Paramount logo, it's all Disney now going forward.
Do you know this for sure or is it just your own speculation?:confused:
Lance Quazar said:
I was just joshing, Lance, but it was more than just one kiss. Leia practically tongued (French kissed) Luke in, "Empire"!:p
Lance Quazar said:
Too...much...information....*sputter* *cough* *cough* *choke*
Lance, you made out with you sister?:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: More than once?:eek:

Cue: "Fuedin' Banjos/Duelling Banjos"!:eek:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wCvomDZykvk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Raiders90

Joe Brody said:
Citing Miramax films and saying Disney "directly created" them is a bit misleading. The Weinstein brothers had independence and Miramax was not controlled by Disney. And I think Tarantino had written the Pulp Fiction script before Disney bought Miramax, so it's not like Disney cooked it up ala something The Black Hole.

But Disney still had the final authority on what could and could not be released under the Miramax name. If Disney were truly simply and only a kiddie friendly company, I think they would've vetoed Pulp Fiction and The Crow. And Disney's Touchstone--Operated directly by Disney, with no independence--produced Pretty Woman, Good Will Hunting and the other movies I mentioned.

My point is, people shouldn't be so afraid of Disney taking over Lucasfilm. It coul be worse, we could've had an Indy 5 spearheaded by Lucas with a 70 year old Harrison as a 60-something year old Indy at Altamont.

Stoo

Pale Horse said:
But Goofy's beastiality is okay? Who are you, Stoo-man?! :p
Beastiality? Are you referring to Goofy's girlfriend being a cow, hence, cross-breeding?:confused:

Another question:
Which animator was fired from Disney because he was overheard in the cafeteria making a sex joke about Mickey & Minnie?:confused:

Dr. Gonzo

Raiders112390 said:
...we could've had an Indy 5 spearheaded by Lucas with a 70 year old Harrison as a 60-something year old Indy at Altamont.

Indiana Jones, on acid, fighting Hell's Angels?

I'd go see that :cool:

Stoo

Lance Quazar said:
'Tis a fact.
If you are right, then please hand me the spit bucket.(n)
Pale Horse said:
Dunno, (won't use google). One of the 9 old men?
C'mon, Paley, I thought you were a Disney expert!:whip:(Maybe Attila knows the answer.)

Anyway, I'm still in fog about your Goofy/bestiality comment. Care to elaborate?

In 2012/2013, would Disney fire an employee for making sex jokes about their characters?:confused:
Raiders112390 said:
...a 60-something year old Indy at Altamont.
Indy would be 70 at Altamont. It was the very end of the '60s (December 1969).
Dr. Gonzo said:
Indiana Jones, on acid, fighting Hell's Angels?

I'd go see that :cool:
Same here! "Street Fighting Man" could be the soundtrack.(y)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Stoo said:
If you are right, then please hand me the spit bucket.(n)
C'mon, Paley, I thought you were a Disney expert!:whip:(Maybe Attila knows the answer.)

Never heard of the incident. Looked it up, though I won't give the answer away. Interestingly, he seems to offer up two different accounts of why he was fired.