WS or FS Survey...

Do you perfer widescreen or fullscreen?

• Widescreen all the way!

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • Fullscreen, I like a big picture!

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Whatever version I happen to grab off the shelf.

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Katarn07

At the video store, it's hard to find FS edition stuff. They only get WS. I don't complain.

Target has both; Wal-Mart seems to favor FS, and I only get video games at Best Buy, not movies.

Raffey

I buy everything widescreen if it is available. Full screen edits everything so it's like a waste.

My TV is designed for widescreen so I never see the letterbox.

westford

Full-screen vhs - was a present from my bro, so his choice.
Wide-screen dvd - what Play.com sent me, so their choice.

God, I must be a freak! I've always like FULL SCREEn... really, i dont see a difference between the two when watch it on my TV, but when i go on vacation and bring the beloved set to watch on my portable DVD player, i always rather Indy be 7 inches tall than 2! :D:D:D:D:D Besides, he looks hotter when you can see the FULL thing! hahahahahaaa.... not funny.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
VHS: Fullscreen, but still in plastic wapper and on display
DVD: Widescreen, but open and watched several times on my 27" TV...*prays for a widescreen 60" plasma*

Ivo

IndyGirl821 said:
God, I must be a freak! I've always like FULL SCREEn... really, i dont see a difference between the two when watch it on my TV, but when i go on vacation and bring the beloved set to watch on my portable DVD player, i always rather Indy be 7 inches tall than 2! :D:D:D:D:D Besides, he looks hotter when you can see the FULL thing! hahahahahaaa.... not funny.

If you don't care about 15 to 20% of the shot not being visible then it won't matter to you either way. Whether you notice it or not thats about how much your missing, nothing that would affect you watching the movie of course, some just prefer seeing it as close to the original as possible.

Also, if you have a large TV like I do then the bars on top and bottom of the screen in a widescreen version aren't a factor at all. I tell friends with tiny TVs to go full screen but try to convince them to get a bigger TV instead. :)

As you probably guessed, with me its widescreen or nothing!

Finn

Staff member
Full screen is a bit like those Readers' digest shortened quality novels. Sure, they tell you all you need to know about the book, but there is a whole lot of things you're going to miss.

As has been said a million times by those in the know, widescreen is everything the filmmaker shot, and wants you to see. Fullscreen (or "Pan and Scan") is more of less. If you know what I mean...

The best way to realize how much better widescreen is would be to watch a 1950s movie in "Cinemascope" and watch a scene that features a conversation between two people. Usually one of the people is missing from the picture, or you get the feeling that you're sitting too close to the screen.

Johan

Ok...I forgive you for using my post to make a new poll...I don't know how....Or maybe you can only do it if you are a Mod? I dunno. Anyway Haven't been on for while, good to be back on!