Indy catches egg in ToD deleted scene?

Darth Vile

Kooshmeister said:
Ah, so you're issue isn't with the fact it's there, but how it is presented? That's fair, I guess.

Yes indeed. It goes from the reality of a little night club show (on a small stage) into a Hollywood musical with 100 piece orchestra. It moves the movie from semi-reality into complete fantasy, and by doing so, sets the tone and captures the mindset of Spielberg/Lucas for the entire movie... and the movies to come. It's the moment, I'd argue, that Indy movies veered away from the original conceit that was executed so well in Raiders (and of course I'm not arguing that Raiders played like a documentary), and opened that particular universe up to the more ambitious, impractical and ludicrous events to follow (for better and worse)... much more so than "nuking the fridge" IMHO.

indyswk

Henry W Jones said:
juniorjones2009

I remember it, but vaguely. And if anyone noticed, the actual scene went a bit different to the diagram drawn above, right?

indyswk said:
I remember it, but vaguely. And if anyone noticed, the actual scene went a bit different to the diagram drawn above, right?
You should sketch what you remember so we can compare.

I would love to see Stoo's sketches, (because he always delivers a quality product), but where the hell are all the other posers now?

Yeah, feeling a bit Sharkey I am. All this huff and puff about how it's real and you remember it, but you can't put up a little stick figure sketch?

All hot air and an internet account...another nail in the coffin. It's really hard to take ANY of you seriously when you fail so miserably to contribute.

"A box without hinges, key, or lid. Yet golden treasure inside is hid..."

Lance Quazar

Darth Vile said:
Yes indeed. It goes from the reality of a little night club show (on a small stage) into a Hollywood musical with 100 piece orchestra. It moves the movie from semi-reality into complete fantasy, and by doing so, sets the tone and captures the mindset of Spielberg/Lucas for the entire movie... and the movies to come. It's the moment, I'd argue, that Indy movies veered away from the original conceit that was executed so well in Raiders (and of course I'm not arguing that Raiders played like a documentary), and opened that particular universe up to the more ambitious, impractical and ludicrous events to follow (for better and worse)... much more so than "nuking the fridge" IMHO.

I don't get this at all. I think you're WILDLY misinterpreting that scene.

In the words of the great Jor-El, "This is no fantasy."

It's just a bunch of dancers. It's not like they're flying through the air or there are talking elephants or Willie is shooting lasers out of her fingertips.

It's just a dance number.

On a gigantic dance floor.

Which is accessible only via a narrow, smoke-filled passageway through a dragon's mouth.

And which is at least as large as the rest of the entire nightclub.

And which happens to be completely invisible to any of the patrons at said nightclub.

But it's still, you know, completely realistic.

Stoo

indyswk said:
Hooray! Another witness!(y) The number rises to (at least) 16 claims. Thanks for chiming in Indyswk.:hat: How & where do you remember seeing it? In the theatre? TV broadcast? VHS?

Yes, the scene was very different from the diagram. This is what I've been saying all along and the fact that you realize the difference adds more weight to the egg-side of the debate.

Behold! See how heavy the egg is compared to the fat fruit:

407842-scales-out-of-balance-3.jpeg

Rocket Surgeon said:
You should sketch what you remember so we can compare.
Are you up for this, Indyswk?
Rocket Surgeon said:
I would love to see Stoo's sketches, (because he always delivers a quality product), but where the hell are all the other posers now?
Aw, shucks.:eek: Thanks, Rocket. Quality is better than quantity.;) C'mon eggheads, pick up those pencils!:whip:

Stoo said:
Aw, shucks.:eek: Thanks, Rocket. Quality is better than quantity.;) C'mon eggheads, pick up those pencils!:whip:

It's put up or shut up time, and you're the last man standing.

You're the linch pin that has the veracity of this claim hangs by...everyone else has just scurried into the shadows at the thought of producing even the barest of "proof" to compare their "iron clad memories."

This whole thing stands on the edge of a knife...and I'm almost done being accomodating!

Darth Vile

Lance Quazar said:
I don't get this at all. I think you're WILDLY misinterpreting that scene.

In the words of the great Jor-El, "This is no fantasy."

It's just a bunch of dancers. It's not like they're flying through the air or there are talking elephants or Willie is shooting lasers out of her fingertips.

It's just a dance number.

On a gigantic dance floor.

Which is accessible only via a narrow, smoke-filled passageway through a dragon's mouth.

And which is at least as large as the rest of the entire nightclub.

And which happens to be completely invisible to any of the patrons at said nightclub.

But it's still, you know, completely realistic.

LOL. Not forgetting the magic glitter effect and that they reverse a shot (one and only time in any Indy movie I can think of) to make it look like the chorus line of dancers push up from the splits, in sync... Next to that 'talking elephants' are a sinch. :)

Rocket Surgeon said:
...everyone else has just scurried into the shadows at the thought of producing even the barest of "proof" to compare their "iron clad memories."
So this is how the delusion falls, to the deafening sound of silence.

I paraphrase Navy man and Protestant Bishop, Fred Pickering:

"There is no egg."

Pale Horse

Staff member
Rocket Surgeon said:
"There is no egg."

"Do not try and find the egg, that is impossible. Instead, only try and realize the truth. There is no egg. Then you will see, it is not the egg that's cracked, it is only yourself"

spoon-boy.jpg

Stoo

JayDee said:
Stop waiting for the others; grab the pencil and show us your egg scene, Stoo :whip:
JayDee, they were already drawn a few weeks ago but the aim of the exercise was to see if everyone's memories corresponded/were the same. If no one else is going to participate, then there isn't much point in posting them.:( Let's wait a little longer to see if anyone else comes forward...

C'mon EggHeads! Quit slacking off!:whip:
Sharkey said:
Where's your picture. You said you saw it too right?:rolleyes:
No. JayDee never said he saw it...he was SEARCHING for it (and an admirable job he did). Pay attention, SharkFace!:gun:
Pale Horse said:
"Do not try and find the egg, that is impossible. Instead, only try and realize the truth. There is no egg. Then you will see, it is not the egg that's cracked, it is only yourself"
Hey, Sir Horse, what happened to this train of thought?
Pale Horse said:
"The search for the EGG is the search for the divine in all of us. But if you want facts, Raveners, I've none to give you. At my age, I'm prepared to take a few things on faith..."

egg-cept the claim that the scene was filmed. :p

Indy's brother

Though I've held an eggnostic opinion of the eggsistence of this scene, I'm beginning to be slowly egged on to a particular side. It's weird. The more I read about this scene, the more I think I may have seen it, too.

*takes another sip of eggnog*
*winces*

Sheesh. What's in this stuff, anyway?

Pale Horse

Staff member
Stoo said:
Hey, Sir Horse, what happened to this train of thought?
Pale Horse said:
"The search for the EGG is the search for the divine in all of us. But if you want facts, Raveners, I've none to give you. At my age, I'm prepared to take a few things on faith..."

egg-cept the claim that the scene was filmed. :p

The one where I say I'll take anything on faith, except that the egg scene was ever filmed?

I've been holding off until I located the reference, but I have IRREFUTABLE proof that the egg scene was NOT SHOT.

I will be posting this in the following days/weeks as I order it and consider the best way to present it.

Indy's brother said:
...I'm beginning to be slowly egged on to a particular side.
I understand your disposition is all sunny side, but I think you're brain has been soft boiled!

Indy's brother

Rocket Surgeon said:
I understand your disposition is all sunny side, but I think you're brain has been soft boiled!

Nope, still hard as a rock. Does no one get sarcasm anymore? Or was that that one too not as clear as an uncooked egg-white? All yolking aside. I'm as convinced as I need to be that this mysterious egg was laid by the loch ness monster, who was artificially inseminated by ancient aliens as a way to genetically engineer the best breakfast omelette for bigfoot.

JayDee

Rocket Surgeon said:
I've been holding off until I located the reference, but I have IRREFUTABLE proof that the egg scene was NOT SHOT.

I will be posting this in the following days/weeks as I order it and consider the best way to present it.

Oh boy, please don´t make weeks out of it! NOW I am really interested.. although for me there are already enough evidences FOR the filming but which some don´t accept. So please, hurry :D